Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Help with crazy dreams?

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Help with crazy dreams?

Postby rocksolid » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:22 am

First post! Nice to meet you all.

I've been having lots of odd, vivid dreams. After last night I decided I was going to try and find some help figuring them out just to bring myself some peace. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!

I had a dream last night that I knew I'd die. I wasn't happy, nor was I sad. My friends and family were there, it was a social gathering. I was getting my casket ready, and also doing a book signing (I'm not an author in real life).

Next thing I know, I'm looking at my dead self in the casket, closed with a glass top. I was criticizing how I looked. Thinking "man, I couldn't have done my hair better before I died?" and looking at how the casket didn't close correctly. My body was decaying, and my eyes had opened slightly. I was debating on if I should close them or just bury myself as is.

Then, I saw my body move to get comfortable, snuggle into the casket. I thought "that's not right, I'm dead. And I'm not inside my body, how is it moving?"

At that point, somehow my body turned into my son (who is alive in real life) and he started to wake up. I panicked, because I knew in my mind he was dead, and this couldn't be him and I didn't want my wife to see him waking up and cause her more pain through false hope. I thought of burying him quickly, before she saw, because this had to be some sort of demonic force making his body move. But then he got out of the casket, and I pulled him to me to see if his heart was beating, and it was beating. I was confused, and I just held him as he looked at me. And then I woke up.

What could all of this mean? I'm really hoping someone more experienced than myself will be willing to help me out. Haha

Thank you so much in advance, and hopefully I can contribute to the community!
rocksolid
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Help with crazy dreams?

Postby Varzandeh » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:41 pm

You were dieing means you will have a problem solved.
You died and were in a casket means you are unaware of something or ignorant like a dead.
You son was dead then was alive means you will have something revived or will be OK for you.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Re: Help with crazy dreams?

Postby ChrisPeefeArt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:12 am

I could be wrong here as I don't know what is going on in your life and there are a couple ways to interpret your dream, but I believe that this is actually a very positive dream for the most part.
I would say that this dream actually indicates some positive growth in your life. Dreaming that you are the one that died and especially that you are at peace with it shows that you are closing a chapter in your life and moving on to your next phase. This may be due to some real life changes going on or it might just be a result of introspection and maturing. Your casket was clear and you were analyzing yourself calmly and meticulously so I would bet that it is a result of introspection.
Also people in your dreams usually are representative of yourself and not actually the people you see though there are exceptions depending on context. In this case you actually saw yourself become your child so I think it is safe to assume that you are dealing with an aspect of yourself. In this case, I believe you are dealing with your own inner child, immaturity, or childish tendencies. Perhaps as you are moving into this next phase of your life, or at least are trying to, you might be struggling with some old habits or feelings that you are struggling to put to rest.
It is the new year. Have you been putting a lot of thought recently into a new year resolution or trying to make some personal changes? It would make sense at this time of year to dream about putting your old self to rest and becoming something new.
ChrisPeefeArt
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Return to General Dream Discussion