Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Flying a Bomber. A B-17 Bomber

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Flying a Bomber. A B-17 Bomber

Postby Saraling » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:03 am

So, there's not much more to add to this. The dream revolved heavily around this symbolism, and it was very clear that "bomber" (as in an airplane bomber) was the symbolism. In the dream I was flying one, going on missions with one (though strangely never actually dropping any bombs on any targets), instructing others in the merits of the B-17, and even stealing one, hijacking it from an enemy in mid air. I was also operating levers inside the cockpit of one, like levers you would think would release bombs on a target, actual bombs weren't a part of this dream. Nor was general "airplane" the focus it was definitely "Bomber". And the B-17 is a classic bomber symbol. There was a pot of flying in the dream too like above and through the clouds and the setting was beautiful like bright pink clouds lit by beautiful sunset, and the feeling of the dream was adventurous and excitement and happiness. I definitely felt in control and "on top of things".

Thanks everyone for your help!
Saraling
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Flying a Bomber. A B-17 Bomber

Postby Gus Who » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:02 am

:dj: ... can’t help but notice the log in date and hour of this flight log... are you sure it’s a 17, instead of an 18 run... (as a lot of damage is already showing such signs on the ground ...

... sounds like the mission was / is reconnaissance ... :whoa: Wat is your take...
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Saraling » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:07 am

Gus Who wrote::dj: ... can’t help but notice the log in date and hour of this flight log... are you sure it’s a 17, instead of an 18 run... (as a lot of damage is already showing such signs on the ground ...

... sounds like the mission was / is reconnaissance ... :whoa: Wat is your take...

Well actually the structure of the plane itself was a B-24 Liberator. I googled the description of the plane and that's what came up. And it was more like being a flight instructor in parts of it. But I mean there were actual missions it's just that aspect wasn't the focus if the dream. More like being in the plane was, and teaching about the plane, and operating it, and visualizing it, and just everything to do with "bomber" symbolism. An airplane "bomber" airplane was very much the focus of the dream. I've been sort of interpreting it like an airplane dream of flying and being in control, and also "on target" (as targeting things through the bomber target lens was part of the dream)
Saraling
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Gus Who » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:46 am

:dj: ... I tend to operate out of a old (Sub) Submarine that was from World War 1 and fixed up...and painted it yellow ... as there are a dummies out there that just don’t know how to... :idea: pilot ... a ship ... as these kind of language travel... and you are operating on “air waves” and that is kind of “open’ as in ‘ opportunities’ and translating go ... so ‘Bombs’ can be dropped too targets...

... as an instructor you should already know the “terms” (You need to go through ‘Thy Dumb-me ... flight school’ to understand such coded language. As dumb-Ē have to walk-È B-4 they talk-É, unless your a Canadian “eh!”

... too hi-jack :wave: a bomber is becoming an “ace” eh!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion