Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Are my dreams an alternate reality

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Are my dreams an alternate reality

Postby Cachmu » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:50 pm

I know this sounds insane. But I really have been wondering lately if my dreams are an alternate reality or perhaps another dimensional plane. I have the most realistic dreams I always remember most details. Also, I go to the same places a lot that don’t exist in the world as I know it but I revisit the same dreamscapes over and over again with different situational circumstances. Have there been any studies in to this theory? Does anyone out there feel the same way? I know not everyone almost no one that I talk to experiences dreams in the way I do and I’m very curious if there are more people like me out there!? :dreams:
Cachmu
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Are my dreams an alternate reality

Postby Ghuntington » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi,
Well let me potentially confuse and excite you a bit. I believe we live in a virtual reality. Before i get to my own experiences, let's first take science...

You might want to google "double slit experiment", "Erasure experiment" and "Digital physics". A growing number of physicists are now postulating that we live in a virtual reality.

This fits in with my own experiences. I've learnt that I have thousands of "other lives" AND that they exist "at the same time". This all makes sense if one uses a virtual reality lens to view this.

Further, I've interacted with probable "me"s" in this life. This too makes sense, if one view it through a VR lens.

Tom Campbell, a physicist, in his book "My Big Toe" (Theory of Everything), states that we are part of learning about compassion. This resonates deep within me. There are many realities where compassion is not practiced. This is but one of many different ways of learning about this.

In our dreams, we are out of our bodies. However, our inner beliefs filter out most of our activity. We are then left interpreting the details through this filter.

It's been my experience, that as we learn to open ourselves up, that the reality filters slowly change. Then we can learn LOTS more about who we really are.

I hope some of what I've said resonates within you.

With kind regards,
Guy :)
Ghuntington
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby ChrisPeefeArt » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:15 am

I have felt the same way about the possibility of alternate realities. Not all of my dreams feel that way though. I tend to have extremely vivid and strange dreams. But sometimes I have dreams that are so vivid that they feel like reality. These dreams for me usually take place from the perspective of a complete stranger. It is like I am watching the life of someone I have never met in a location I have never seen. I don't normally have recurring locations in my dreams though unless it is one of my especially weird dreams through my own perspective. For example, for the longest time I kept having these dreams about my grandparents' home. But in these dreams there was always something under their home whether it be a basement or a cave or whatever, just some space that doesn't exist. Also there was always something supernatural in that space under their home. I also dreamed on time when I was a little kid about standing on the hill behind their house and looking silently across a sea of fire that stretched out like the ocean as far as the eye could see.
Sorry, I got off topic. Point is, yes, I have wondered the same thing about some of my dreams being a glimpse into other realities.
ChrisPeefeArt
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby mareman psycho » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:34 pm

everyone dreams. your best bet if you want to gain the hidden meaning behind your dreams would be to read: Freud, the interpretation of dreams. we dream for a reason. those reasons are hidden in our unconscious or the back of our minds. usually we have one thing or another going on in our lives. insights can be gained by interpreting signs & symbols & associating what's happening in the dream to what's happening in our everyday lives. once you've successfully interpreted your dream you WILL get the answer or hidden meaning. most dreams are a wish fulfilment but some dreams can serve as a warning. read the book and you'll be interpreting dreams like an expert, GAURENTEED! it'll take you just a couple of weeks at a couple of hours a night.
mareman psycho
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby isweety808 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:57 am

I too have dreams that sometimes take place at the place. I've wondered what that means as well.
isweety808
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby ChrisPeefeArt » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:59 am

I know this is not really the topic, but it somehow reminded me of it. I once met a person in a dream many years ago. Irl she lived several states away. I had posted a dream online and she messaged me telling me that she was the girl in my dream. Of course, I was skeptical. I honestly thought this was some crazy person looking for attention when she first told me that. But then she started telling me her part of the dream. She accurately told me details that I had left out of my description of the dream. She also told me about some events in the dream when we were separate that I didn't see but I could feel and had some sense of what was going on. She gave me so many details that I questioned how she could possibly know so much of what I didn't mention without seeing it herself. But the part that really convinced was when I found out her name. I knew her name in the dream and then she told me the same name irl in the PM. I don't personally know anyone by that name and I'm pretty sure that it is literally the only time that a person in a dream has ever given me their name. At that point it was too big of a coincidence that the simpler possibility was that it was actually her in the dream. She also told me that she had a similar experience with several other people around that time where she was having shared dreams.
ChrisPeefeArt
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Return to General Dream Discussion