Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Tale of The Bear Prince

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Tale of The Bear Prince

Postby Periwinkle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm

(Context: I broke up with my boyfriend (Trent) over the weekend. His drinking just kept getting worse and worse and he's in complete denial about it. I went to my first Al-Anon meeting on Friday. It's a support group for people who know alcoholics. I also purchased Courage to Change, a companion book to Al-Anon. I've been reading additional articles about how to help alcoholics. One of the things mentioned in these articles is the concept of love through disengagement. Many people fall into the trap of enabling, whether they are aware of it or not. They do not allow the alcoholic(s) in their life to experience the negative repercussions of their drinking, so they have no incentive to want to stop. This is why I ultimately decided to end things with Trent - even though I didn't want to. I wrote him a letter, explaining to him that, even though I love him, I cannot be with him while he is so highly dependent on alcohol. I told him that, should he receive professional help and should he remain committed to becoming sober, I will come back to him. I'm hoping my absence from his life will be the wake-up call he needs to get help, but it may not be. The anxiety has been really eating away at me, thinking this risk I've taken will not be enough. I've decided to keep reading and to keep going to Al-Anon meetings so, if he chooses to get help, I will be a more effective "good" in his life.

Meanwhile, I'd been reviewing some of my previous dreams for any prophetic messages. So far, the one that has lined up best with the the situation I currently left is a dream I had in 2016, entitled Beauty and the Cannibal. The dream ends in a cliffhanger. Dorn suggested that this dream ended in a cliffhanger because it did not yet have a resolution. I decided, today, to try and find a resolution to the dream. I thought really hard about this dream, as I went to sleep, hoping this dream would resume where it left off. And, in a way, it did. Here's two dreams I had during my sleep, the second one being the sequel to Beauty and the Cannibal.)

Dream 1: Trent and I were resting together on my massage table (I'm a Massage Therapist, in waking life), talking about how he'd been getting on with his father, the past couple days. He said he was doing well. I'm not sure if Trent had received any kind of treatment, at this point, or not. He was naked, under the covers, and I was still in my uniform. I was confused (even more so because of how self-conscious Trent can be, in waking life), but happy.

I was hungry and got up to get a breakfast bar from across the room. There were three bars on the counter: apple, raspberry, and blueberry. I picked up what I thought was the raspberry bar, bit into it, and realized I'd picked the apple bar, by mistake. I rolled with it. We continued to converse as I paced around the room with my apple bar. It was very crumbly and made a mess as I walked. Fortunately, it was pretty easy to clean up.

Dream 2: I was living in a castle with a prince who had been cursed to transform into a bear at night. The curse had caused everyone to abandon The Prince, as he was very destructive in his bear form. I visited the castle, long after, to try and reverse the spell. I'm not sure whether I came of my own accord of if The Prince summoned me. The objective was the same as the plot to Beauty and The Beast: that mutual love was what was needed to break the spell. In the meantime, The Prince gave me a rule, during my stay, that I'd return to my quarters before the sun set. That way, I would not be in any danger when he transformed.

I always took advantage of exploring the castle grounds during the daylight hours and always waited until the very last minute to go inside. On one such occasion, after exploring the surrounding gardens, I went up a set of stairs leading back into my bed chambers and found The Prince standing at the top. He was transfixed on the sun as it made its way down. I suggested I wait with him, but he didn't like the idea. I reminded him that my door was a couple steps away, should anything go wrong, and he reluctantly agreed. When he changed, we were both surprised to find he was still acting like himself. We even had a civil conversation. I realized that, in a weird way, we were making progress. But I didn't want to stop making progress until the spell was completely broken.

With time, I began to discover the origin of The Prince's curse. It had started with a Warlock, who shared a striking resemblance to The Prince. The only real definitive characteristic between them was their taste in clothes: The Prince always wore warm colors (reds, oranges, yellows, and gold) and The Warlock always wore cool colors (blues, purples, and silver). With all The Prince's subjects gone, The Warlock needed only to kill The Prince to win the throne. His influence over The Prince was undoubtedly very strong. His influence over me was strong, as well; he was very articulate and he was great at planting seeds of doubt. He had littered the castle with bear traps to try and kill The Prince, indirectly. These bear traps were very intricate and required many steps and specific sequences to deactivate them. I knew I couldn't deactivate them all by myself, so I requested the help of one of my friends, in waking life: a former coworker who is very passionate about animals, particularly her pet huskies. We used a trial-and-error approach, with the traps, and protected each other as we deactivated them, one by one.

Later in the dream, an angry mob arrived at the castle and captured both The Prince and The Warlock. Also with them was The Prince's mother, the queen. She was an ethereal woman with delicate features and a pair of fairy wings. (Note: I'm assuming my unconscious put Trent in the role of Bear Prince. Trent's real-life mother had died of cancer when he was 14. He is understandably very sentimental about her and wishes she could have been there for him into adulthood. He believes his life would have been very different if this happened.) She looked on in silence as the mob dragged the two men to the courtyard and strapped them down to two wooden tables. At the back of each table was a loaded spring with a lever. Overlooking the courtyard was a giant chasm. The mob tasked me to send one of these men to their deaths. The answer, to me, was very simple and I pulled the lever on The Warlock, sending him screaming into the abyss. With The Warlock dead, the spell had been broken and The Prince resumed a peaceful reign over the kingdom. He ruled side-by-side with his mother and I continued my stay in the castle as his right-hand adviser.
Last edited by Periwinkle on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My very own store:

http://www.zazzle.com:80/thedizzyowl

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Re: Tale of The Bear Prince

Postby Gus Who » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:19 pm

I would believe the numbers are against girlfriends that break up with boyfriends over ‘drinking problems.’ (this way) ... as that is probably worse than nagging. I would of advised you to start out with a no-drinking policy in your presents. As this kind of shows you are ... as you just started looking into this ‘AA’ subject... and now you read and broke up with... your dream guy?

You have graduated with a psych ° (I know your smarter that this ...) so really, I think you made more of a mess - as he just going to drink more now and probably blame U ...
sorry will not jump into these dreams ...
(Remember the Beast is actually a Prince in the content of the dream)
.... as being reasonable is needed
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Periwinkle » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:21 pm

Gus Who wrote:as he just going to drink more now and probably blame U ...

Even if he does/did, he has to take responsibility for his own actions, sooner or later. But I don't think he necessarily needs to hit "rock bottom" in order to understand the extent to which he needs help. It's like I said earlier: In order for an alcoholic to really want to stop drinking, he/she needs to understand how their addiction is negatively affecting their relationships with other people, as well as their overall quality of life. I didn't want to leave him - I really stress that. But I couldn't tolerate the way he was acting towards me while he was under the influence. My decision was not done on a whim. Rather, it was a mixture of research, intuition, and a full understanding of the mental and emotional pain his drinking problem had caused me. Even when talking to him sober, he could never acknowledge the alcohol as the source of whatever problem he was facing. It was always something else. At least, while I'm away, I can cool down and get myself centered again. I couldn't stay and risk becoming resentful towards him, or him resentful towards me. I wanted to leave him, in love, so I could receive him, in love, if he got help and returned.
My very own store:

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Gus Who » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Unless you have insight to the future... which dreams can give you... one needs to stay in (even uncomfortable situations if you want relationships to last) a relationship you think can stand the test of time. By telling him " professional help " (which most alcoholics can't afford the treatment (camp) ... as 'drug addiction' also applies (as it's weeks to months if it's that bad a problem ... in which they are " professionally helped") and they say at over 1/2 of them even when helped, fall off the wagon... as its like any bad habit...

... as YOU choose a partner (as love goes) ... and that partner chooses you. This means such problems arise and you take on such problems together ... as long as a partner is faithful ... right? (but of coarse your just boyfriend/girlfriend relationship... right?)

... as yes, most of your dreams go to finding your prince / beast guy ... who would call you out on such a break-up!

This is not about you getting "centered" as you have a pretty good head on your shoulders ... this is about if he is a keeper? So don't lead him...on, if he is not the one for you. (If he was... you would of said, I am going to seek professional help for us and how to take on this problem ... and bring it to counsel )

but yes... I too would like to leave such girlfriends in love ... that way I can take such back when they see me at the one dumb me :neer: left

:whistling: (I've been around the block on this issue with "friends and family" ... and it's a disease that only true knowledge can cure... So just put it out in the open... AA ... as such meeting are about... and Al-Anon how to cope with such diseased people ) kind of like hearing prayers
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Periwinkle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Sunrise/sunset - I suspect this portion of the dream may be connected to Trent's mood. Trent is prone to depressive episodes and, as there is a self-medication component to alcohol-use, the night may signify the "darker moments" of Trent's life where he feels he needs to drink in order to escape these feelings. The Prince looks on at the setting sun, aware that life is a cycle of ups and downs and that night is inevitable. Perhaps Trent is even at a point where he can anticipate when a depressive episode is about to hit.

Warlock - At first, I thought The Prince signified Trent and his bear form signified the part of him affected by alcoholism. For a while, I wasn't really sure how The Warlock played into the dream. Today, I realized that The Prince is the part of Trent that is aware that his alcoholism is a problem and wishes to seek treatment. His bear form represents Trent in his drunken state, along with all the negative repercussions of his drinking. The Warlock is the part of Trent that has been affected by the actual alcoholism, specifically the denial. Alcoholics don't want to see the alcohol as the actual source of their problems. They may minimize the way alcohol has negatively affected their lives. They may try to convince their loved ones that they're exaggerating or "blowing things out of proportion." They may try to convince themselves that they don't need to abstain from alcohol to cure themselves of their affliction, they just need to "cut down." I got a lot of this during the course of our relationship.

Queen/Mob - I read up, a little bit, on alcohol addiction during my time away from Trent. One of the things I learned is that the most effective form of treatment is not only to address the alcoholism, itself, but to discover its etiology - where it all began. Trent has a long history of familial problems, most of them seeming to stem from the death of his mother. I'm hoping that if/when he gets treatment, it will be that thorough version I'd mentioned. I also hope that the spirit of his mother will oversee the healing process. The mob is the team-effort component of treating the alcohol dependency. To The Prince and The Warlock, this mob is incredibly scary. Really, though, they are there for the highest good, by destroying The Warlock.

Chasm - Like Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, The Warlock dies by a giant fall. These types of deaths in Disney films can be somewhat ambiguous, as there's always the possibility of one of these villains surviving the fall. This is why I believe The Warlock "died" in this way. Alcoholism cannot be cured, but it can still be treated. This is still good news, however, in that anyone who struggles with alcohol dependency and receives help has a shot at leading a happy and productive life.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Gus Who » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:26 am

... given Dream language is like a 4-in language, I’d give you some coloring books and some cry-ons as I know how you like to draw your own way ... :dj: but it sounds like the ... pen-up-girl on a Japanese ship that fell in love with a C-man on leave ... (as everyone knows that such Semen go to the bars ... to wet there whistle :whistling: ) even though they all get daily bread...

... as you clearly had a full plate, and if anyone were to bill you for a meal that should of been compt ... I’d say you have to work for such a meal... R you sure your not coloring outside the lines of your true imagination as a keeper? :cry: (cry-oning) or you’ve upped your ° and your character too Dr. Miss Prince
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Hungry for more

Postby Naba-Daba-Doo! » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Periwinkle wrote:Dream 1: Trent and I were resting together on my massage table (I'm a Massage Therapist, in waking life), talking about how he'd been getting on with his father, the past couple days. He said he was doing well. I'm not sure if Trent had received any kind of treatment, at this point, or not. He was naked, under the covers, and I was still in my uniform. I was confused (even more so because of how self-conscious Trent can be, in waking life), but happy.

I was hungry and got up to get a breakfast bar from across the room. There were three bars on the counter: apple, raspberry, and blueberry. I picked up what I thought was the raspberry bar, bit into it, and realized I'd picked the apple bar, by mistake. I rolled with it. We continued to converse as I paced around the room with my apple bar. It was very crumbly and made a mess as I walked. Fortunately, it was pretty easy to clean up.

Hope you don't mind me doing a Fly-Bye on this site...
saw a couple things in Dream 1
Since you are a (Dream Message Therapist in sleeping life)
one of the messages you are getting here...

you are getting up from the relationship... could be you are thinking about all this
and hungry for more... not satisfied staying there in that resting state/ doing nothing/
reaching for a bar might be some options for you to take at this time.

energy bars could be hopes or energy to try to keep this thing going
but then you realize or you fear no matter what you do... you've made a crummy choice

Hmmm... Raspberry? Blueberry? or Apple? what choice do you have :yikes guys... they're all fruitcakes
Naba = to prophesy
Daba = kind words
Doo! = w/enthusiasm
Naba-Daba-Doo!
A Sign Of The Times
A Sign Of The Times

Return to General Dream Discussion