Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Cat biting my leg

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Cat biting my leg

Postby wowedonce » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Had a dream a cat was eating a piece of chicken off a plate on the floor with its back to me, I nudge the plate a little and the cat turns around and launches itself at my leg and bites me so hard I can feel it, my reaction was to wait for the cat to stop and lie back but the pain got so much I knew I had to give it a punch and at that point I woke up.

Any ideas what it means? It was my right leg and it was one of those cats without any fur and white.
wowedonce
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Cat biting my leg

Postby Varzandeh » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:16 pm

A cat means a thief,
Chicken means a woman's money.
Your leg also means your money, which will be hurt.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby wowedonce » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:48 pm

A woman is going to steal my money? wut
wowedonce
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Varzandeh » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:50 pm

A thief will steal a woman's money and yours.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby Ghuntington » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi,
If this was my dream, here's my interpretation...
First of all I consider the location. I am in a room which is a symbol of masculine based beliefs that restrict me from seeing my greater reality, i.e. beyond the walls.

Next I consider the star of the dream...a cat. When creatures show up in my dreams, I realize they are usually totems, i.e. guides who are using creatures to work with me. I usually first refer to "Animal Speak" by Ted Andrews:

CAT
KEYNOTE: Mystery, Magic, and Independence
CYCLE OF POWER: Nighttime

Although a domesticated animal, it would be unjust not to at least touch upon the energies and essence of the cat as a totem. Many of the larger cats are examined in this dictionary separately, but cats in general-wild or domestic- have certain qualities in common.

In myth and lore, the cat predominates. In ancient Egypt they held a position of special privilege. The goddess Bast was often depicted either as a cat or with a cat’s head. In Scandinavian lore, the cat was associated with the goddess of fertility, Freyja. In the Hindu tradition Shasthi, the goddess of childbirth, is depicted riding upon a cat. Cats appear frequently in the tales of the Brothers Grimm and many other folk stories from around the world.

To cats have been attributed a wide variety of traits-often contradictory. Curiosity, nine lives, independence, cleverness, unpredictability, and healing are but a few. A witch’s pet cat was usually regarded as her familiar-a spirit in the form of a cat. It was often believed that witches could take the form of cats.

Cats are at home after dark, and yet most humans want them to be traditional pets during the day. When they do not respond in this manner, they are accredited with independence and unsociability. Because the dark is the home of fears and those things humans do not want to see and can’t see, the cat has come to be associated with magic and mystery. The truth is that cats have more rods in the retinas of their eyes, which enhances light perception. It enables them to see effectively in the dark. The traditional prey of a cat is the mouse, but it is by no means limited to it. Cats still effectively hunt birds and rabbits.

The traditional enemy of the cat is the dog, but this is not its only enemy. For anyone with a cat totem, the study of the qualities of the mouse and the dog will be beneficial for helping you to understand the magic and the balance of energies with the cat.

Examine the colours, the character, the behaviours of your own cat. Everything about it will be significant. Many books exist on the lore and the character of cats. Whether domesticated or wild, anytime a cat becomes predominant, look for magic and mystery to come alive.

Next I consider that the cat has its back to me. I then recall it's my dream and I am creating all aspects of it. So it's me who's not being able to address my guide, that's why I am having the cat with its back to me.

It's eating chicken. This is another guide of mine, that I now no longer need. In some of my past dreams, a totem will appear as dead and then disappear from most of my future dreams.

CHICKEN

KEYNOTE: Fertility and Sacrifice

CYCLE OF POWER: Year-round, Daybreak

The chicken is one of the first birds ever to be domesticated, and even though it is a domesticated bird, it still has a great deal of symbolism and significance to it. The word “chicken” comes from the Anglo-saxon word “cicen,” referring to a young domestic fowl. It is a descendent of pheasants or galliformes (fowl- shaped birds). Examining the significance of wild pheasants may provide even further insight.

Because of their egg-laying ability, chickens are always associated with fertility. The feathers of chickens were used to stuff bedding, the primary place of sexual activity. They have also been, throughout history, a common animal used in sacrificial rites. This explains only partially half of its keynote. Sacrifice has ties to the ancient mystery of sexuality. In the fertilization process, the male seed is sacrificed to impregnate the female egg. Because ejaculation occurs outside of the body, it has correspondences to an act of sacrifice. Even in Shakespearean times this was common knowledge. The word “die” in many of his plays had a slangy, punnish double meaning that corresponded to orgasm or ejaculation. This was known to the common folk audiences of that time.

Forms of divination surrounded the use of eggs and chickens. It was considered unlucky if a hen laid an even number of eggs. Eggs laid on Good Friday were an assurance of fertility in all areas of your life. Deities were invoked through the simple act of throwing grains to chickens. If the chickens were listless in their eating, then it indicated that the gods must be angry.

And then the lesson of the dream occurs...

I begin to understand that there is some connection betwen the two totems. I nudge the plate and what happens?

I create a sense of fear for myself of the actions of the new totem. That's why the cat bites me. Recall it's my dream and me who's creating all the action. I wait for the cat to finish but the pain continues, i.e. my totem is not going away.

What's my action? I use my beliefs the masculine based room is a symbol of and I hit the cat. And then I awake.

If I choose to listen and learn from this dream, I will realize the following:
* I have a wonderful new totem to guide me if I want to listen and learn
* My existing beliefs the room is a symbol of are restricting my development - I'm afraid of my feminine and I use masculine based beliefs to try to control it.

I hope this assists you in your journey.

With kind regards.
Guy :)
Ghuntington
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby wowedonce » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 am

You are pretty spot on I think Guy, that makes a whole load of sense to me. I am in a period of transformation and I am restricting my growth by spending alot of solitude in my bedroom. I also prefer to go out very late when night is at its darkest. I need to become a better hunter because mice are constantly trying to get me to eat them but I'm timid/shy. It was a sphynx cat what could that mean?

I've always associated with cats, feeling like a Leopard as I am very solitude and independent.
wowedonce
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to General Dream Discussion