Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring dream that I have sleep paralysis

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Recurring dream that I have sleep paralysis

Postby mckenziehall » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:11 am

I've recently had a series of dreams in which I have sleep paralysis. The first one had a backstory (a plot if you will) but the others just start with me having sleep paralysis. They aren't lucid but I always end up waking myself up in the middle of the night (because I was trying to unparalize myself in the dream). In the first one, I woke up (in the dream) and I immediately came to the conclusion that some demonic force had overtaken the blanket that covered me and that was what gave me sleep paralysis. Someone familiar (a friend or family member, I don't remember) came into my room and I told them about the blanket and that I planned to burn it. They said okay and walked out but I feared that the blanket had heard me saying that I was going to burn it. I went to grab it nonetheless but I couldn't manage to get it off of the bed. Somehow, I woke up again in another state of sleep paralysis with the blanket covering me head to toe. I tried moving my limbs and fingers and was determined to wake up. Suddenly, I awoke (in real life) at like 3 am. (the next part is just a normal thing your body does but I feel like it still contributes to my story) I got up and tried to move my right arm but it wouldn't budge. I didn't know what was going on so I picked it up with my left arm and it just flopped right back down. I started walking and it just swayed because I had no control over it. So, in a way, I did have sleep paralysis. (it just didn't overtake my whole body) This happened again on another night where I dreamed that i had sleep paralysis. Maybe I'm not getting enough sleep?
mckenziehall
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion