Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream about mother and a snake

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dream about mother and a snake

Postby ChrisV » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:21 am

Dream: My mother grabbed my hand and we were walking in the front yard. She seemed happy and so was I. We came across what looked like a snake and were startled. But I realized it was a light green belt shaped as a snake. We came across another snake on the ground and was startled again but realized it was dead. I mentioned to her the times I saw snakes hanging from the trees. I very briefly saw a mother with her 2 kids. My mom was either leaning against or trying to climb over the fence while I was talking to her. Before I knew it, she was entangled with a snake. I told her to watch out for the head. She grabbed the head but later fell over the fence and was unconscious. I grabbed a white shoe so the snake could bite it instead of her. I couldn't remember if I turned on the water or not but I saw the ground was wet. My mom turned into a possum (and maybe later a beaver?). I grabbed her before the snake could get her and started to become hysterical. I then woke up from the dream crying.

What does this dream mean? If anyone could interpret it then I would greatly appreciate it.
ChrisV
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dream about mother and a snake

Postby operatormike » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:49 am

Dear Chris,

I have a feeling that you are a female Chris based on the symbols in the dream. If you were male, snakes would indicate dishonesty, perhaps dishonest people. But I am interpreting as if you are female.

ChrisV wrote:My mother grabbed my hand and we were walking in the front yard. She seemed happy and so was I.
This is you reaching for the comfort of your mother. At a deeper level, this is you reaching inward for your maternal instincts to comfort your inner child.
Let us consider your dream mother an aspect of yourself. So all of these snakes that you encounter in the various forms are symbols of male sexuality. You have a bit of fear about it, but are working on forming a mental attitude to overcome this fear. This is the snake becoming a belt and the second one being dead. Nothing to fear, right? More snake and mother images, then mom trying to climb over a fence is a symbol of trying to escape. The underlying fear is still there. Then she gets "entangled" with a snake. This is the fear presenting itself clearly. She is entangled with male sexuality. The head being the scary part, right? You truly fear that this may cause her harm (she falls over the fence unconscious). The rest is about you trying to save your mother (a symbol of yourself) from this fearful entanglement. The shoe might indicate your choices and direction in life. The fact that you grabbed it to save her might be you actively trying to assert yourself so that your intentions are respected rather than being an unconscious victim, so to speak. Water is a symbol of emotion. It could also be a symbol of female sexuality as can be a possum and especially a beaver.
You grabbed her before the snake could get her. So you feel yourself in this struggle against this male sexuality, but the anxiety and fear seem to get the better of you.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like to continue this discussion. Also let me know if this makes sense or if I missed the mark.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
Projecting our images in space and in time
Yes is the answer
and you know that for sure
Yes is surrender, you got to let it,
you got to let it go---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby ChrisV » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 am

Hi Mike,I am a male. Does being a male change the entire interpretation or just some aspects? By the way, thank you for the reply.-Chris
ChrisV
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 am

Hi Chris,

You being a male challenges some of the interpretation, but not all. :oops: Although males do not exactly have a mother instinct, we do have a "feminine side", so to speak. So the nurturing and comfort that a mother gives is an aspect of this dream. You are reaching for this, whether internally or externally. In the very beginning of the dream, your mother grabbed your hand. So she was protecting you. In the end, you grabbed her before the snake could get her. You became the protector. I think this is significant. You have become to your mother what she was to you.

Now, what I said about snakes. It has been my experience when I or other males who have told me their dreams, dream of snakes, it generally indicates a "snake in the grass"... a dishonest person, often a male. But most females who dream of snakes are anxious about male sexuality at some level. This dream however, seems to be about how male sexuality impacts your dream mother. So, it might be bringing to light an internal struggle between your sexuality and your nurturing feminine aspects. Not sure.

What do you think?

Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams;
Projecting our images in space and in time
Yes is the answer
and you know that for sure
Yes is surrender, you got to let it,
you got to let it go---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper