Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Please help! Dream foresaw a real event, I'm scared

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Please help! Dream foresaw a real event, I'm scared

Postby Entrana3 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 am

Hey there,

I just realised that the dream I had last night foresaw a highly unlikely (but by no means significant) event today.

The dream is a little murky now since when I immediately woke up I thought nothing of it (since it was by no means an intensive dream, emotionally or 'graphically') and kind of just dismissed/suppressed it until a few minutes ago, when I was retrospecting the events of the day and just realised this frightening fact.

It involved a family friend's kid who I hadn't seen in over a year. I'm not particularly close to the boy, who is 11/12 (I'm 18) and I don't feel any strong affection for his family. When we were younger, I played with him on the few occasions our parents would convene- perhaps three or four times a year. In fact, I remember the last time I saw him- it was OVER a year ago around June-July 2017 when our families went out and had dinner together. In the dream, I remember just playing with him in my house's front yard. At some point, he wanted me to give him a piggyback ride but to no avail- for some reason, despite his tiny figure, I could not pick him up and carry him for any remotely prolonged period of time. However, this discrepancy didn't cause me much dismay in the dream- it was no nightmare.

Anyway, the boy and his parents came to my house today- an entirely unexpected visit. The boy had a musical examination in the evening, and needed to photocopy his sheet music to provide to the examiners- it just so happened that their printer broke down, and my parents lived the closest to them. My first impression was that the boy had grown so much since I last saw him- before my mental image of him had consistently corresponded to that of a toddler (and in the dream I had only a few hours preceding this he embodied that) but he'd clearly hit his growthspurt- for a 12 year old, he was positively huge (and not just very tall either- he was kind of chubby. As a kid he wasn't). I would like to reiterate the point that this was an unexpected visit- my mum was surprised to receive them at the door and their entire coming here after a year of non-contact (apart from texting my parents, I guess) was unexpected.

I don't think my parents talked about their family in the past few days or even weeks. They aren't *that* close and I dont' harbour strong feelings towards the boy (I guess when I was much younger, I looked forward to playing with him somewhat since it meant playing outside of the schedule of school? But that was very long ago).

I don't know. I'm kind of disturbed by my inadvertent intuition? I don't mean to sound arrogant. In the dream, there was a discrepancy between the boy's physical form and his perceived weight- while in the waking hours succeeding the dream, the discrepancy was rectified by me seeing his physical form which completely rendered my preconception of him obsolete but validated my erroneous dream-conception.

Weirdest thing is I only remembered all of this and put 1 and 1 together now, at midnight. When I woke up I just kind of thought how the dream boy's body form-perceived weight discrepancy was a bit weird, and I also briefly considered whether my psyche was relaying to me some thoughts I had about my attitude towards natalism. Anyway I quickly dismissed it since it wasn't particularly emotional or dramatic compared with other dreams and went about the day. The boy and his family came and I didn't think much of it. I offered the boy a cookie and asked him how school was going. I had no recollection of the dream the whole time they were there but I've suddenly remembered now and I'm freaking the hell out

Can anyone tell me what could posisbly be at play here? Or if I've potentially overlooked any biases? I've never been much of a superstitious person and have considered dreams mostly to be the product of the subconscious manifesting itself but its just too auspicious for a person of very minor importance in my life to suddenly appear in my dream right before they actually visit me.
Entrana3
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Please help! Dream foresaw a real event, I'm scared

Postby esse » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:56 am

Well, perhaps this dream just meant to show you that there is more to you than just conscious and subconscious. Nothing really to be afraid of, people occasionally have dreams that foresee future events, that's from my personal experience, also some dreams my parents told me about. Materialism and physicalism theories if they were true would be scarier in my view. Those types of dreams can also be somewhat difficult to understand (especially when you don't know if this is prophetic dream or, lets call it your subconscious, internalising and chewing on some problem) and not very obvious immediately like with your dream. Actually, well done, for connecting the dots! I found it very interesting to read, and that boy's change in weight was a fascinating way to communicate the idea to you of a grown boy.
esse
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to General Dream Discussion