Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Meaning of rings

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Meaning of rings

Postby Eoverton » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:30 pm

I recently had a dream about my deceased grandfather, it’s been just over a year since he passed away. Today, during a nap, I had a dream I was with him in this rather large walk in closet, one that isn’t familiar to me. He was walking me through said closet and continuously giving me these beautiful stone rings, again I have never seen them before. He was so happy and joyous, smiling and laughing with me. He seemed so enthused that I was accepting them. The dream felt so realistic, he looked so young and vivacious. He passed away from cancer but there was no sign of illness in his eyes. It felt so real I woke up and for a few second felt as though he was still alive. I’m just wondering what this could mean, was it truly him or was it a sign of something to come? Why was he giving me rings? Why does that mean?
Eoverton
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Meaning of rings

Postby Vos » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:18 am

Would you mind giving a short character portrait of your grandfather? What did you like about him, what where the difficulties?

Do you have any memories or thoughts related to walk-in-closets?

What could a ring symbolise?

I would invite you to give a fitting title to the dream.

Any other memories that surface when you think about the thematic of the dream?

Maybe with these questions we could work towards an understanding of the dream.
Vos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Varzandeh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:20 am

You will receive a few parts of a money, most probably from his heritage or something like that.
Please update in a few days to a few weeks, when you received the first news.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby Eoverton » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:43 am

Vos wrote:Would you mind giving a short character portrait of your grandfather? What did you like about him, what where the difficulties?
My grandfather was a very outgoing and proud man. Military, firefighter, and an avid hunter. He was always the life of the party, especially when he was younger. He had a few issues with drinking during his earlier years but he loved like no other and he put family before everything. He was also the heart and soul of our family, always the one to take us on trips or bring us together for holidays. After he passed, we sort of lost the same touch we had before.

Do you have any memories or thoughts related to walk-in-closets?
I cannot figure out where the walk in closet came from, it’s quite odd to me. I mean I’ve seen and been in large closets like that but none has a particular relation to him.

What could a ring symbolise?
I’ve thought on this the most. He did wear a ring, his fathers before him. Sort of a family heirloom. But the ring in the dream looked like no ring I’ve seen before. It was this white clearing stone, even the band was made of the stone. I’ve never seen anything like it. We’ve already pretty much dispersed his belongings, although there have been some recent issues over who gets the most important items, perhaps it was something to do with the family drama?

I would invite you to give a fitting title to the dream.
If I had to title
The dream I might say something along the lines of “ Heirloom of joy” or something. It really felt like he was trying to bring me some sort of happiness, as he was in the dream.

Any other memories that surface when you think about the thematic of the dream?
For some reason all I could think about when I woke up, and still now is him laughing. He had a very unique laugh, one that I miss so dearly and hearing it again after such a long time brought up so many memory of our family and how much fun and love we all shared before his passing.

Maybe with these questions we could work towards an understanding of the dream.
Eoverton
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Eoverton » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:44 am

Varzandeh wrote:You will receive a few parts of a money, most probably from his heritage or something like that.
Please update in a few days to a few weeks, when you received the first news.

I thought I’d this at first, but it’s been a bit since he passed and we’ve all pretty much dispersed his belongings amongst the family. So I’m not sure how this could be a possibility
Eoverton
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Varzandeh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:51 pm

In a way or so some good money is on the way,
Please update,
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby Vos » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:55 am

A few more things can be said about your dream, but I think it will be best to work with more questions. If you mind answering all my questions, please tell me so! I only ask them in order to help understand the dream.

As the ring has a white stone: could you tell me some things that white usually, or for you personally, symbolises?

How has the relation to your family changed since the passing of your grandfather?

Would you mind going, briefly or more elaborately - as you wish, into the drama that is there in your family?

What issues came into existence over the dividing of the most important items?

To find out what the walk in closet symbolises, maybe you could simply give a description of what a walk in closet is, what it´s purpose is.

Did you recognize anything else that was in this closet?
Vos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 pm

could the rings relate to different commitments .. like that of marriage ???
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Return to General Dream Discussion