Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Noisy Miner ..

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Noisy Miner ..

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Dream From Oct 6 '18:
it is daytime.
the location could be that of in mayfield industrial estate.
where steel river road is, i'm walking along the footpath, on the left side of that street.
i'm walking on the west side of the street, while walking north - east.
on the east side of the street, there is a tree.
perched on a branch, is what looks like a butcher bird.
seeing, i cover my head with my green backpack, so the bird can't hit my head.
then i get to the corner of steel river and channel road.
i cross the road, to the other side of the street, being channel road, which is to my left.
initially i get as far as the median strip, and then continue north.
or, the median strip doesn't exist and i can cross over regardless.
then i get to the other side of channel road.
another bird has followed me.
its a noisy miner.
as i stand in the dip of this next corner, the bird stops in front of me.
the bird is not annoying me.
so i lift my right shoe, and try to gently kick away from me.
when my right shoe touches the bird, the body of the bird instantly evaporates.
all thats left of it, is ashes of its body, and some white poop that formed as the body evaporated.
eh?
then i get my camera out, and try to photograph the evidence of what remains of the bird.
its remains are on the bitumen of the road.
what seems like a straight forward idea, of taking a picture, soon becomes rather difficult.
so, i position myself, with my camera, to get down, as close as i can, to the evidence.
initially i try to get a photo, by standing.
then i try to crouch down and get closer.
although i can see the evidence, with the screen of my camera, taking a photo of it, seems more difficult.
and even when i do click for a photo, the image is either blurred, or, my hands perhaps shake, and the evidence is out of the picture.
grrr!
as for zooming in, well, i do attempt to do that, and yet, its not all that great either.
or, i do get some of it within the frame of the photo.
and even when i try to get more than one photo, something happens, to try to prevent me.
then some youngish women appear, wearing sports clothes.
they are to my left, where the path continues.
one of those women, has a labrador dog.
even the dog gets in my way, as i try to take a photo.
the dog lays down on the path is front of me.
thus I try to take a photo, while leaning on the dog.
then the dream ends.

any questions .. comments or queries ???
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Re: Noisy Miner ..

Postby Vos » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 am

You ask for questions. Well, if you are willing to go along with a little psycho-analytical research on this dream, I´m willing to ask a few.
But as it´s a long dream, maybe we can focus on a smaller part of it.

Could you give me a short description of Noisy Miner birds?

Why would the bird either annoy you, or not annoy you?

Do you have any associations with birds spontaneously evaporating, turning to dust? Maybe from fairy tales, myths, etc.?

Could you make up a scientific theory about the poop that stays behind? i.e. why is this the case, what is poop, etc.

Maybe the similarities and differences between poop and ashes?

Can you define for me the concept of "evidence"?

Why would you like evidence of this bird?

If we take the failed wish to get evidence as a symbol, what could this symbolise, or how could this apply to your everyday life?

What associations or feelings do you have about dogs?

So far my questions. It would be nice to work with you on finding out the meaning of this dream, if you are willing to do so.
Vos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:01 pm

:lol:

so many questions ..

well .. no not really ..

here is a noisy miner:
http://www.birdlife.org.au/images/sized ... 80x464.jpg

no idea why this bird would annoy me .. i like watching birds ..

poop ???

its excrement ...

evidence ???
the visual proof ...

as for the dog .. used to have a dog .. a fox terrier ..

Vos, are you a psychologist ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Vos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:23 am

I offer dreamanalysis to people, more or less in the Freudian tradition, i.e. the technique of free association.
The idea behind it is shortly this: That humans, as all beings on this planet, have a creative potential, a set of instincts, as set of natural needs, and that by following this we could lead a fulfilling live; that basically this creative potential has only one aim: hapiness.
However, education is in almost every case a will-breaking process, a process of learning to be obedient to other voices then the inner voice, to learn not to follow the own creative force but to use this energy to obey some ideologies. This education gets internalised, and our conscious ego tends to obey the voice of the educators rather then the creative force within us.
The dream however is always an expression of the unconscious, of the positive creative side. By listening to the dream we can find our own personal path to hapiness that is independand of whatever people higher up in the hierarchy, the more powerful wants, want.

A big difference between the own creative force, and the ideologies, is empathy, group forming etc. The human species has come to live under patriarchy: a system where people are separated from eachother, each an individual gladiator in the fight for a job and a partner and a house and kids and prestige..........
The point of psychoanalysis for me is to learn to become what the human is meant to be: a group-being, with empathy and caring. Therefor I refuse to work for money, and am basically always on the look out for people who are willing to open up to their own free will, their own voice. I can help them by asking questions to come to understanding, hopefully.

With your answers I won´t attempt an analysis, but thanks for the effort. For your own interest you might try in your own way to answer them, see if you can get a look inside the meaning of your dream.
Vos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 pm

er .. ok ..

regarding he evidence .. i wanted to take a photo as proof of what i saw the bird do ..

that is .. turn into a pile of ash .. or dust particles ..
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Vos » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:33 am

In my opinion, this dream has strong symbolics, that people from the western world (I guess Australia is included in that) surely must recognize; maybe a proverb related to ashes, maybe to a bird turning to ashes...
I cannot put these thoughts in your head... I don´t want to force anything on you, but the impression I have with the short answers is that you might have an (understandable) unwillingness to work in such detail here.

Of course some thoughts come in my head.

The inner conflict in the dream must have something to do with on the one hand the drive for orientation, exploration that all human beings naturally have.
On the other hand there seems to be the need to be heard, to be believed, understood.
Of course a pile of ashes and poop is not proof that a bird just sponaneously went up in flames. But if you are self assured, and if you would be in a healthy environment where people can trust eachother and talk about their experiences, what would be the need for proof?

You already bring the ashes together with dust.

I am really staying on the surface here, but surely something in this dream must have to do with the free will to explore, to gather knowledge - and a certain feeling that you cannot just trust your own eyes, that you need another authority to convince you of what you find out.

And what you find out is that a bird is just dust and poop. A pretty self evident discovery, or?
Vos
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 pm

an understandable unwillingness ???

:lol:

this is the first dream i have had .. where i've gently kicked a bird .. and its turned into a pile of ash .. or dust particles .. whatever they are ..

kicking a bird .. doesn't happen .. birds usually get out of the way by themselves ..

thats probably why i wanted to take a photo .. because it was so bizarre ..

perhaps to "shoe" it away .. as a pun on "shoo" ..

as for inner conflict .. what led you to that conclusion ???

as for this dream possibly relating to anything in life .. not sure how it does ..
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:29 pm

regarding "western society" .. is that related to the Bible and Israel being the central country ..

or ..

is it political .. in that the USA or other countries are the central country ..

???

just wondering about that ..
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion