Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Scary "third-person dream" dejavu?

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Scary "third-person dream" dejavu?

Postby Kirby886 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello everybody, I'm sorry I gotta ask for help on my very first post. There's this dream that's really puzzling me and can't find hints to the (maybe) most important details in the dream bank. Okay, I'll just start.

In my dream there were these students, and one of them seemed to be the "main character" since I saw him all the time in a third-person view. I wasn't there myself, or it was more like I was this kid but afaik he didn't look like me. Anyway, we were in a terminal building (probably an airport) and the next thing I know, we walked some weird rocky steps down into a cave. Down there was an old, scary classroom but nothing else. We just looked at it and the main character tried to use his phone's flashlight app but it didn't work until we climbed back to the airport. In the airport the other kids from the class were gone and the main character talked to a girl. I think he liked her, even though I don't know anymore what they've talked about. She was friendly at first, but suddenly she acted absentmindedly or even distraught and walked away. When the main character exited the airport, there was a TV reporting of a missing kid which was him. There was a crowd outside with people who knew the main character but it seems like nobody was able to see him, they were all just mourning.

I think at this point I slowly realized this was a dream, and in the very next moment I realized I had a similar dream in the past that I couldn't recall until now. I still can't tell what the earlier dream was about in detail, but I recall that it also ended in realizing that the person I was dreaming about (not sure if that one was myself or also a third-person kind of guy) was missing despite the fact that he was there. In my latest dream it suddenly felt like a dejavu. Or maybe like a sequel, I don't know. And the last thing I recall from this dream is this:

The main character, who was missing, turned around and saw the other kid who was missing from the first dream, but he wasn't missing anymore in this dream.

This made me shiver and eventually wake up. I was fully awake within a few seconds, which is very rare for me. Of course I quickly wrote it all down to memorize as many details as possible, but they still don't really make sense. The whole plot and especially the "meta stuff" (dream dejavu, third-person view of a stranger) is kinda scary, so I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for anyone willing to help me out!
Kirby886
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Scary "third-person dream" dejavu?

Postby Roos-Skywalker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:46 am

My dreams often shift from perspective, going from first person to third person. I can not decipher this dream for you, only you can but I can tell you that dreaming in third person as an observer of some sorts means that you need to step back and assess the situation.

The main character is saying something about you and your situation in real life. Your third person perspective is demanding you to observe and learn. How this character represents you depends on your real life situations, your age and your real gender.

Assuming you are a man in real life and assuming you are a student yourself, I will try to give you my own interpretation of this dream.
In my dream there were these students,— Anyway, we were in a terminal building (probably an airport) and the next thing I know, we walked some weird rocky steps down into a cave.

Caves and mine shafts usually represent the subconscious. As you are descending into a cave, you are descending into your subconscious.
What you found there was this:
Down there was an old, scary classroom but nothing else. We just looked at it and the main character tried to use his phone's flashlight app but it didn't work until we climbed back to the airport.

To further interpret this, I need to know how this made you feel. Were you scared or unnerved by the derelict classroom? Judging by your description of it being ''scary'', I will assume you did.

School can have multiple meanings but I will try to look at the ones relevant in this context. In this context it can mean that you are afraid of going to school, you feel like you neglected your education or you feel like you neglected something in life and you need to learn from it, since school is a metaphor for learning.

The fact that your flashlight did not work could mean that you are not brave enough to overcome your fear of school, it could mean that you are too ashamed to face the consequences of your neglected education or it could mean that you are not ready to learn the lesson you are supposed to learn.

In the airport the other kids from the class were gone

Did you know these classmates? If not, did they have certain personality quirks that stand out? In other words, what do they represent? Is the number of students equal to the number of friends you have? Was your main character befriended with these fictional classmates? Each answer changes the interpretation.

It could mean that relationships with your friends in real life will suffer as a consequence of your inability to cope with your fear of school or your inability to take responsibility for your negligence or unwillingness to learn from the past.

the main character talked to a girl. I think he liked her, even though I don't know anymore what they've talked about. She was friendly at first, but suddenly she acted absentmindedly or even distraught and walked away.

Once again, this interpretation changes based on your own gender and age. Is this girl someone you know? Someone you care about? Are you straight to begin with? Perhaps you would like be in a relationship, perhaps you would like a new friend.

Your main character could have talked about the past, which she did not like, and further judged your actions, reinforcing the reason why your classmates disappeared.

When the main character exited the airport, there was a TV reporting of a missing kid which was him. There was a crowd outside with people who knew the main character but it seems like nobody was able to see him, they were all just mourning.

It could mean that your actions or inactions of the past and/or school have transformed you as a person. The crowd is mourning because they have lost the person you once were.

Conclusion:
The dream is trying to warn you for the future by letting you know what happens if you fail to take a good critical look at yourself.

Of course, all of what I just said can also be complete bogus, but with limited information comes a limited explanation. In the end only you yourself can know the full meaning. I hope I have at least provided some of the tools necessary to draw your own conclusion.
Roos-Skywalker
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion