Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

i traveled back and forth in time by 46 years

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

i traveled back and forth in time by 46 years

Postby abbynormal » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:51 pm

i dreamt i was back in 1972, my jr. high school band instructor Mr. Anderson and a few of his associates, and his wife, were at a summer picnic, at a park not far from where i was living at the time, they were discussing their private lives and how much or little they made and their need to work various summer jobs to make ends meet. Mr. Anderson's wife [tall Nordic blonde, athletic] took notice of me and followed me home to my present-day place, she entered my place and noted right away that it was a future time [the present], saw the LCD tv set on the wall, silently took it all in until she saw my rack with DVDs and CDs in them, picked one out that looked familiar [a Beethoven Symphony], opened the case, saw the silver disc inside and exclaimed, "what on earth is THIS?!" i explained to her that it was a music CD, and put it on the player, and the music poured forth into the room with no surface noise, pure music, and she was taken aback at its clarity. then she noticed the tv set was playing in the background, showing a newscast and the date was on the lower right corner of the screen, today's date in 2018, and she turned white with fear, said "i don't think i'm in Kansas anymore!" and fled the house. :?
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: i traveled back and forth in time by 46 years

Postby raymond1234 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 pm

abbynormal wrote:i dreamt i was back in 1972, my jr. high school band instructor Mr. Anderson and a few of his associates, and his wife, were at a summer picnic, at a park not far from where i was living at the time, they were discussing their private lives and how much or little they made and their need to work various summer jobs to make ends meet. Mr. Anderson's wife [tall Nordic blonde, athletic] took notice of me and followed me home to my present-day place, she entered my place and noted right away that it was a future time [the present], saw the LCD tv set on the wall, silently took it all in until she saw my rack with DVDs and CDs in them, picked one out that looked familiar [a Beethoven Symphony], opened the case, saw the silver disc inside and exclaimed, "what on earth is THIS?!" i explained to her that it was a music CD, and put it on the player, and the music poured forth into the room with no surface noise, pure music, and she was taken aback at its clarity. then she noticed the tv set was playing in the background, showing a newscast and the date was on the lower right corner of the screen, today's date in 2018, and she turned white with fear, said "i don't think i'm in Kansas anymore!" and fled the house. :?

Maybe it was a time slip.
Perhaps you dreamed this same dream in Jr High School but don't remember it and now that you reached the period you dreamed about previously, you dreamed it again.

Or, it could be that you were dreaming about a simpler time when life was easier.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: i traveled back and forth in time by 46 years

Postby abbynormal » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:02 am

I don't remember dreaming about something like compact discs or flat panel tv sets on the wall back then, such was still sci-fi. but it surely was a simpler time back then. time travel dreams must be telling me something about aging.
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion