Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Going to work after swimming

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Going to work after swimming

Postby sri » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:07 pm

I had this dream last week, I'd welcome some help to understand it...

I'm in a swimming pool. There are other people in the scene, but I am the only one inside it. Some young school girls are talking. One of them reminds me a 9-year-old student I taught this semester. I get out of the water. I talk to a university student. She tells me she seems to be alright now, but that not always things have been easy for her, she had been unemployed for some years. At that moment I think she is too young, I don't understand what a girl her age could know about suffering (which is weird, I'd not usually think something like that, I guess; maybe I was playing the victim - I thought her problems were nothing compared to mine). Then I ask her what time it is, soon I'd need to go to work. She tells me I'd enter at 2 pm. I'm not late. I was not a teacher in this dream, which feels good. I need to put my shoes on. There are some pairs of shoes there, but they are not the same ones I have in real life. I try a pair of delicate white sandals on, they are so beautiful! But I think they wouldn't last even one day on the street! Then, I try on some other shoes, but all of them are ripped or worn out. The golden one, the light blue one too... This is the last thing I remember.

ps: This is the second time in some weeks I dream I'm alone in a pool and all the other people are talking outside. But I think I didn't realize it when I was dreaming. I'm looking for a new job at the moment and I'm going through financial struggle. Tks for reading (and sorry about my English)!
sri
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Going to work after swimming

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:14 pm

are you looking for work .. while still working .. or are you currently unemployed ???

do you know the meaning for swimming pool ???
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby DDecker666 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:18 pm

No matter where you look for dream interpretations, water ALWAYS symbolizes emotions, usually the subconscious type. It's generally believed that the larger/deeper the water, the more intense the emotion it represents. Since you're looking for work, (and based on what I've read about swimming pool symbolism), I think there are two meanings in your case. One, a pool can symbolize the need to pool your resources/money during financial difficulty. Two, you're emotionally reflecting on yourself and your situation in a calm manner but where people notice (since the pool was surrounded by others who weren't swimming). As far as trying on unfamiliar shoes... perhaps you were playing the victim or feeling sorry for yourself...? You wondered how that college student could have problems worse than you, then put on a beautiful delicate pair of sandals that "wouldn't last a day on the street." Or maybe it shows that you are actually full of empathy since you were literally trying to walk in someone else's shoes but realized they all had problems. This left you lamenting losing your own shoes, even if they weren't as glamorous.
DDecker666
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby sri » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:16 pm

aussie_musician: Yes! I am working and looking for job at the same time. And starting to do something else too, which has nothing to do with the things I've studied so far...

DDecker666: Thanks for your interpretation! Yes, maybe I'm kind of vulnerable now, every one could see me in the pool, but nobody joined me there. And the white sandals have surprised me, I could only think of them as a new phase, a new job, a new something, very delicate because it's different from what I've been doing before. Now you opened my mind to new alternatives, I'll explore them too...
sri
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby MissWong » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 pm

I want to say the idea of swimming during day is like an escape from life and daily worries you might have, like wishing to escape to a tropical island when life gets too hectic but perhaps you are practical-minded and in your dream you escaped to something more realistic ( a public swimming pool) comparing your life and problems to the younger person points to you feeling overburdened too. You try to keep positive around others but let it (escape) show itself in your dream to yourself. maybe telling you, Look it is okay to admit things could be easier or better. The white sandals you try on may symbolize to you an easier lifestyle, carefreeness you are not feeling in your own, also you wish to live in a peaceful world, a quieter more zen-like world. Is your life stressful ATM?
" I tried to cook something from scratch... and ended up summoning a demon"
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby MissWong » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:32 pm

I looked up and found that white can symbolize a clean slate as well.
" I tried to cook something from scratch... and ended up summoning a demon"
MissWong
Ting-Ting
Ting-Ting

Postby sri » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:50 am

MissWong: Thanks for your ideas! The pool was really something more realistic and I can see that girl as part of myself; maybe she was meant to give me strength, but I guess my consciousness tried to interfere and judge her instead of truly listening. I love the idea of the shoes being me living in a "zen-like world"...
sri
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion