Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Short dream about twin lakes, a rocky slide, and a Angel

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Short dream about twin lakes, a rocky slide, and a Angel

Postby roudygoat » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:37 am

I've been trying to figure out this dream all day, and would appreciate any input.

Setting: The dream starts with a short spectator view of the location between two lakes (I assume they are lakes by how calm they are), the focus is on the thinnest point between the two lakes, where both lakes have a semicircular indent into the land (roughly 10m diameter), leaving a thin rocky outcrop between the two lakes. The area between the two lakes is fairly high up, and arches in the middle so the tallest point is the thinnest point, the change in height isn't a significant difference though. The weather is beautiful.

My experience: I am now standing on the arch, looking at the view. The next moment I am lined up to slide down one of the rock faces into the water, down a indented path that is approx 2m wide and ends in a lake, I am sitting on the right side of this path. On the left side of this indented path, there is a area where the land flattens for a short period and a golden object is floating, the path seems to have a thinner branch that comes off the main path and flattens out to arrive at that golden object. I begin sliding down the path, but to my surprise I don't go downwards, I instead go diagonally heading straight for the branch that flattens off at the golden object.

I come to a abrupt stop, just prior to the golden object, which floats at about head height while I am still sitting. At this point I can see a glimpse of the detailed carvings on this object, which is around the size of my head. I cannot make out any of the carvings before it performs a quarter spin, as if it were a key turning in a lock, then fractures into 4 quarters, which pull outwards each in their own direction away from the centre.

As if opening a portal, a golden staircase appears behind where the object was, at the top of the staircase is a figure surrounded by a intense golden light, so I can only see the outline of it against the bright of the light. When I see this figure, I feel a wave of emotion, then I see what looks like this figures wings spread against the backdrop of the golden light. This causes a second wave of emotion.

That's the end of the parts of the dream I can remember clearly, I know though that there was more to the dream than I cannot remember, as I have vague memories of other glimpses of this figure / the staircase / a portal in later parts of my dream.

Thanks to those that read this, I will appreciate any thoughts on this.
roudygoat
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Short dream about twin lakes, a rocky slide, and a Angel

Postby hheuser » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:30 pm

It sounds to me like you met your spirit guide, or an important guardian angel.

Water symbolizes the spiritual self. Perhaps the two lakes represent two poles, such as good and bad, happy and sad, spirit and physical. You are high up, as in the heavens.

What were the waves of emotion? Happiness? Love? Something else?

I think you received an amazing gift by having this dream.
hheuser
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion