Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream about Dog having puppies

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dream about Dog having puppies

Postby kkforster » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:39 am

I had a dream last night that I walked out of my front door and there was a Cocker Spaniel laying on its side in my front yard. It was not my dog, even in the dream. Just a random dog. I went over to her and saw that she was struggling giving birth. One puppy was laying next to her not moving and there were two more still in their sacs. I rubbed the first until it started to breathe and tried to get it to start nursing. I did the same with the second and third. They were having trouble latching, and finally I turned my back for a moment to grab a towel. When i turned back she had gotten up and moved over to a tree and was "nesting" in towels. She would come back over to me and take each pup over to the tree but needed my help to situate them. She only gathered 2 puppies. I thought she was still laboring. When I looked down at the third pup it was actually a white rat. I was disgusted and tossed it aside. That's all I remember of this dream.

What I find strange is that I've never owned a cocker spaniel, nor have any of my family members. I've never been present when a dog has had puppies, nor have I ever had a pregnant dog (or a female dog at that). The house that was "mine" in the dream is actually my childhood best friends house, and I haven't been there in about 25 years.

I read that dreaming of assisting a dog having puppies is a sign of my nurturing ability, but I think there's more to it than that. It was too detailed and is nagging at me.

TIA for any insight.
kkforster
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dream about Dog having puppies

Postby Varzandeh » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:18 pm

A dog means a kind friend who is ignorant, you may meet her in a two months time, she has three children one is corrupt, towels mean money and well off.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Re: Dream about Dog having puppies

Postby Lune » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:38 am

I’m no interpreter but have had dreams on birth and death and researched much into this topic. Often these have to do with the cycle of life. Dreams of birth often mean endings, letting go, or closure. Death can mean new beginnings, a fresh outlook, potential. Dogs ancestor, the wolf, howl at the moon. The moon represents wisdom, feminist, nurturing, creation. Maybe you’ve had a block somewhere with some project or goal, something having to do with any form of creativity( this is very broad- creation can be anything from works of art and what you typically think of as creative to something less thought of such as creating a new habit like going on a morning stroll.) if you have had anything holding you back though maybe this is your mind subconsciously letting it go.
Another thought since it wasn’t your dog, maybe subconsciously you have felt someone in your waking life needs nurturing and that you often feel you let go of your needs/creativity to give them this. As I said though I am no interpreter but I was hoping this could get the mind flowing. :) Hope you find the answers!
Lune
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion