Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

I stabbed my attacker.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

I stabbed my attacker.

Postby lackadaisical » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:48 am

I had a dream two days ago that caught my attention. It was short but interesting.

In the dream I was alone in my house. It was dark while I was asleep, but in my dream it was broad daylight outside. Then there was a strange unknown man in the hallway. He tried to pin me against the wall but then I stabbed his hand with a big carving knife that appeared out of nowhere. The knife went clean through his hand and he bled thick dark crimson blood everywhere. After that he didn't try to do anything else to me and just stood there bleeding profusely until I saw police lights flashing outside the window. Then I woke up.
lackadaisical
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I stabbed my attacker.

Postby sri » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:39 am

(Just some ideas) The attacker may be your aggressive impulses. As you're not always aware of them, they can be invasive and be a threat to your security. It scares you a lot, so you had to defend yourself. You stab his hands. We can work with our hands, or hold things, shake hands... When we meet a stranger we usually shake hands, but he was not a friend, so you stabbed his hand instead. Not a friendly welcome, but maybe it can change in the future. The police might represent your consciousness, but a very judgmental part of it. You know deep inside that was wrong, even though you needed to stop him from hurting you.
sri
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: I stabbed my attacker.

Postby lackadaisical » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:27 am

Thank you sri, that's an interesting point about the unfriendly greeting and the police being a judge. It just confused me because it was such a violent dream out of nowhere.
lackadaisical
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion