Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Odd dream last night. Any ideas?

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Odd dream last night. Any ideas?

Postby Loki-the-dog » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Last night I had a very weird dream, or rather, one weirder than normal. It started off with a storm, not a bad one, just rain and lightning. My mother and I were driving through it (in her car, and she was behind the wheel), and the storm ended when we reached an unfamiliar apartment complex, with a rec center off to one side. My mom went into the apartments to meet with someone (idk why) I saw a barn owl in one of the trees, staring at me. I got out to take pictures of it with my phone (a hobby of mine.)

The barn owl flew off once I opened the car door. This is where it gets weird. Under the tree the barn owl was in, I found a little owlet (Athene noctua, the kind of owl commonly depicted with the goddess Athena, and not occurring wild where I live. This one was a baby) it was injured, wounded on its wing, and wet from the rain, so I wrapped it in a towel and waited for my mom while looking for local wildlife centers.

When my mom came back, she insisted that we had to head to my/my twin brother’s birthday party. I don’t have a twin brother. And the dream was set in may, tornado season, and my birthday is in December. So I was confused, even in the dream. Anywho, I didn’t want to argue with my mom, so I asked her to hold on to the owl while I went to the party. I HATE parties. Especially pool parties. I stayed for presents and cake with my brother, and we celebrated our 20’th birthday (I’m currently 20, so dream-me was briefly confused and asked if it wasn’t our 21st? (Don’t remember what hey said, but dream-me shrugged and accepted it, cuz lemon cake. At least my twin shared my taste in desserts)

I managed to slip away from the party after cake, and I convinced my mom to take me to the wildlife center. We stopped and got a first aid kit and a feeder mouse for the owl. I tended to the injuries and fed the owl en-route, and I woke up before we arrived.

So yeah... very weird dream... owls and storms are both very common dream symbols for me (especially barn owls and spotted owls.) Anyone have an idea about the whole birthday/twin brother thing? It was very strange, almost made me realize it was a dream, the whole thing was so out of place (actually did a reality check, confirmed it was a dream, then promptly forgot)
Loki-the-dog
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Odd dream last night. Any ideas?

Postby Gus Who » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:08 pm

What do you think your telling yourself ... a surprise?

Owl goes to night school in this kind of language...
is there storm coming your way???
I wish you all well - Good bye[/size]
and Yes, I think you are all crazy!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion