Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Reoccurring sexual assault dreams ***TW***

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Reoccurring sexual assault dreams ***TW***

Postby imnotglutenfree » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:38 am

*** Trigger Warming: It does not get necessarily graphic, but please just be careful while reading if you've been sexually assaulted/raped/etc. ***

Lately, I've been having reoccurring sexual assault dreams. One I had about a week ago was much more obscure and violent than these recent ones I've had. In this dream, I was in some weird maze (This whole dream was not about this assault, this was just something that happened) and I was in the maze's gift shop and I felt somehow close their hands around me and try to choke me. My vision got all blurry and even though I didn't see anything, my dream was telling me that he was assaulting me. So I started screaming for help and multiple people came to me and then he was gone. The recent ones I had ranged from a few days ago to last night. The one a few days ago I can't remember all that well but it's very similar to the first one.

Both dreams had an old man who looked like that one guy from this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYcnwy-P-yw ) and I would be like in some sort of house. The one before last night featured me being small living in a house that was shaped like a dollhouse but had the coloring of a regular home. The man here would keep grooming me and trying to get me to sleep with him by rubbing his hand up my thigh, but not being overly aggressive. It took me a while to do so but I eventually left the house. The dream I had last night is fresher in my memory. The whole dream was weird, but this just stuck out since my dream was nowhere near the concept of seeing an old man. I was in a very comfy, red-themed room with a high ceiling. In here were a bunch of big red couches, cushions, beanbags, etc. I was sitting upright with my hands folded between my legs when he popped up all of a sudden. Instead of him gripping my thigh, he kept trying to seduce me with words rather and getting very close to me. I immediately got up and was making my way to the door when my friend from real life was there on a seat next to the door, and she made a face that was kind of like a "What was going on?" And I responded "Just gross stuff" and made my way out.

I'm really trying hard to understand what the presence of sexual assault and pedophilia means and why do I keep dreaming about it?
imnotglutenfree
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Reoccurring sexual assault dreams ***TW***

Postby raymond1234 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:42 am

imnotglutenfree wrote:*** Trigger Warming: It does not get necessarily graphic, but please just be careful while reading if you've been sexually assaulted/raped/etc. ***

The one before last night featured me being small living in a house that was shaped like a dollhouse but had the coloring of a regular home. The man here would keep grooming me and trying to get me to sleep with him by rubbing his hand up my thigh, but not being overly aggressive. It took me a while to do so but I eventually left the house.

I was in a very comfy, red-themed room with a high ceiling. In here were a bunch of big red couches, cushions, beanbags, etc. I was sitting upright with my hands folded between my legs when he popped up all of a sudden. Instead of him gripping my thigh, he kept trying to seduce me with words rather and getting very close to me. I immediately got up and was making my way to the door when my friend from real life was there on a seat next to the door, and she made a face that was kind of like a "What was going on?" And I responded "Just gross stuff" and made my way out.

It might mean that you have some insecurities about not being in control because it is always an older man.

The dollhouse might represent a child that is defenseless or your view of the world because it is small and child like.

The high ceiling room might represent loss of control or something out of reach for you.

Red is often a color with passionate connotations.

I don't know about the seduction with words.

Overall, I think it might be your insecurities about older men or relationships with men.

Perhaps something has happened in your past that questions your confidence with them,

Good luck,
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Reoccurring sexual assault dreams ***TW***

Postby imnotglutenfree » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Wow that's really freaky because I have been having relationship issues with an older man that deeply affected me. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer <3
imnotglutenfree
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion