Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Do not reply to Spam posts

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Do not reply to Spam posts

Postby EvilMonkey » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Hello DM users, I just wanted to inform all users that effective immediately, any user caught replying to Spam posts will be subject to a warning on the first offence. The second occurrence will result in a 1 week suspension and the third occurrence will result in permanent account deletion (including all post).

When a user posts a reply to Spam, it makes the Spam post much harder for the mods to detect. Instead of replying to Spam, simply fill out a report on the post by clicking on the offending post, and hitting the report icon (on the upper right hand side of the post is an inverted triangle with an exclamation point inside) to report the posts to the Mods for removal.

Sometimes a Spammer will post at the end of an existing post instead of starting a new post. If a visitor inadvertently post something a few minutes after the Spam is posted, this will not count as an offence as the Mods usually give the DM visitors the benefit of the doubt. But there have been instances in the past where visitors quite clearly replied to Spam, and this violation will no longer be tolerated.

If you have any questions about this new policy, please feel free to PM me.

Monk
EvilMonkey
Monkey See, Monkey Ban
Monkey See, Monkey Ban

Re: Do not reply to Spam posts

Postby Varzandeh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Thank you Evilmonkey for your post.
And it is very nice to hear from you again after all this 10 years...
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby Batman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:00 am

Hi EM (EvilMonk) (edit: Now you’re thinking!)

:neer: batty out!
Less than 38'days ...
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby operatormike » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 am

Hi Evil Monkey,

Nice to hear from you. Hope all is well with you.

Okay, so if a spammer puts a post on a thread that I am having a dialogue on, I always report it. But then I go ahead and post afterward.

So, even though you understand and will not count it as an offense, would it help you and the moderators if I did not post afterward? I would be happy to withhold posting if it would help you get rid of a spammer.

Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
I thought I could feel
Music touching my soul,
something warm, sudden cold
The spirit dance was unfolding---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Varzandeh » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:36 pm

Dear EM,
As I used to interpret in the www.sleeps.com too and I was there for about 15 years and interpreted around 22000 dreams twice ( 44000 dreams ).
Now sleeps.com has linked its forum to reddit.com .
My problem is after a interpreting a few dreams over there .They didn't understand my new way/old interpretations and banned me.
Would you please explain them over there my way for interpretation with your fluent English to remove the misunderstanding?
Thank you.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby Gus Who » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:55 pm

Evilmonkey - Wii need a answer on operatormike's question ... as I just posted back to OM after reporting a "Spam" on "You People" ... a thread that I started... as it said it had already been reported... (as Spam) ...and don't want to incur a penalty with this rule...

:geek: as I just thought of the answer (join an Underdog, doglegging it through tHIS RUFF) to his question he asked me.
WARNING PERRY, OKLAHOMA EQ (precursor) so-called 4.6. Struck 4.5...
... < 38 days
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby EvilMonkey » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:50 pm

operatormike wrote:Hi Evil Monkey,

Okay, so if a spammer puts a post on a thread that I am having a dialogue on, I always report it. But then I go ahead and post afterward.

So, even though you understand and will not count it as an offense, would it help you and the moderators if I did not post afterward? I would be happy to withhold posting if it would help you get rid of a spammer.

Operator Mike

If you report on the post, then we have no problem and it won't count as an offense. You can feel free to post after the spammer posted something on your post, because I will ban the account and delete the spammer along with any of their posts. Another unnamed forum poster had a tendency to REPLY to spam posts despite repeated warnings not to and this person never reported the posts, so we had to suspend this person's account for a week. It made it very difficult to spot the spam posts because one of the things that i scan the boards for is something that has a strange title with no replies. Replies from known users makes it harder to find and delete spam.

Please let me know if you guys still have any questions or need any more clarification and thanks for your attention on this matter.

Happy Dreams!!
EvilMonkey
Monkey See, Monkey Ban
Monkey See, Monkey Ban

Postby operatormike » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 am

Dear EM,

Thank you for the clarification. So as an illustration, I just reported Angelica there, who seems to have the audacious nerve to post spam on an Evil Monkey thread!!!!!

Peace,
OM
Who looks outside, dreams;
I thought I could feel
Music touching my soul,
something warm, sudden cold
The spirit dance was unfolding---John Lennon
who looks inside, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Varzandeh » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Dear EM ,
Please let me have limited moderation abilities to delete the spams .
I won't let them to be seen for a while and they will quit.
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby Gus Who » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:37 am

Varz makes a good point... EvilMonkey
(As he is volunteering to dooo your job)
As the spammer(s) has driven many away... and this must be costing more to run it, than people using it...
Gus Who Ink might like to purchase this site, before it folds (as the spammer is most likely a competitor who wants search engine dreamer ratings and not interpreters...)

How much would ‘the owner’ be willing to part from the responsibilities of running and maintaining this site? (As I would like to get this/a community together to batty League :neer: (Fly inn) up with. )

As people like Varz, should not have to go to other sites to try to interpret dreams... and not be banned and then ask for help by other interpreters ... as such is the case... (Dreamers should come too a Dream mood batty zone.. instead of Dr. Who making a Reddit house call to save a Varz called out!) a Band-Aid
... < 38 days
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby EvilMonkey » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:25 am

Varzandeh wrote:Dear EM ,
Please let me have limited moderation abilities to delete the spams .
I won't let them to be seen for a while and they will quit.

Thank you for the offer to share moderation responsibilities, but a previous attempt a few years ago to allow forum regulars to be the moderators ended disastrously with moderators banning each other and their friends. The decision to bring in someone from the outside was made to eliminate any allegation of favoritism.

Just post reports on the spam posts and I can remove them as soon as I see the report.

Thanks again.

Monk
EvilMonkey
Monkey See, Monkey Ban
Monkey See, Monkey Ban

Postby EvilMonkey » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 am

Gus Who wrote:Varz makes a good point... EvilMonkey
(As he is volunteering to dooo your job)
As the spammer(s) has driven many away... and this must be costing more to run it, than people using it...
Gus Who Ink might like to purchase this site, before it folds (as the spammer is most likely a competitor who wants search engine dreamer ratings and not interpreters...)

How much would ‘the owner’ be willing to part from the responsibilities of running and maintaining this site? (As I would like to get this/a community together to batty League :neer: (Fly inn) up with. )

As people like Varz, should not have to go to other sites to try to interpret dreams... and not be banned and then ask for help by other interpreters ... as such is the case... (Dreamers should come too a Dream mood batty zone.. instead of Dr. Who making a Reddit house call to save a Varz called out!) a Band-Aid

Hello Gus, thanks for bringing up this point, but I doubt we will ever reach that point where the spammer will stop. They have programmed bots to post the spam automatically, and it is pretty cheap to do so. We change the new-user login process periodically, and the spammers usually adapt within a week or so.
Labor (especially programming labor in China, Russia, etc is pretty cheap).

As far as I know the owner actually received offers to sell the site and the owner has no intention of selling, based on what we've been told.

Thanks and happy dreams.

Monk
EvilMonkey
Monkey See, Monkey Ban
Monkey See, Monkey Ban

Postby Gus Who » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Thank Monk for a prompt reply... but as you say ... and I agree that spammers won’t stop... but this is an ‘attack spammer’, most likely getting paid to spam (as Russia and Chinese still operate by the principal of ‘Time is money,’ and Varz is a good guy that is on the most in these ‘dream site’ all the time... and I understand the dilemma About keeping the delete and edit keys safe...

:geek: - Though I might come across batty, I am pretty reasonable when it come down to such subject matter, as interpreters and dreamers want a site that runs smooth. Think about Varz helping you out in a temporary time period , as you can always change the nuclear delete codes ...
... < 38 days
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion