Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Falling in Love with my Best Friend

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Falling in Love with my Best Friend

Postby Xofrnk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:49 am

Okay, so for a little background, I have a male best friend, let's call him... Alex. And I am a female, you can call me Elaine. This is kind of a cliché story. I'm a very creative person and I find myself wanting to live my life in shining lights (I'm an actor) and my best friend is a hard working farmer who hates public speaking- I know, polar opposites. He is quiet and not very social, I'm loud and very outgoing. He is good at math and hates writing, I'm a published writer who cannot fathom numbers. He has never had a girlfriend, whilst I have dated every type of person there is. He has always had a tight knit family with over protective parents who are very loving, I come from a broken and abusive home, and so on. There probably aren't two people more different than us, yet we have a connection I will never be able to explain. We have also established the fact that we do like each other, but we both fear of losing the connection we have If we ever broke up. He actually saved me from a very toxic relationship and that made me want to be with him even more. But anywho, onto the dream. This is a dream he had last night after he left my house where we both told each other that we loved each other for the first time in person. He asked me to look into and I said of course, because even I'm a little curious as to what this means- as it is very contradicting.

This is all one dream split into two halves. The first one involves him and I in my room at night, (my room is completely white with mostly white decorations if that helps anything) I was apparently being very moody and telling him I hated him, which we have never had a history of happening. I supposedly calmed down not too long after that but there was no source of my anger and my hate still remained the same even after I calmed down.
The second half of the dream, however, was completely different. He explained this as flashes of different locations but the same situation, almost as if he was looking back at a memory. He said that we were extremely attached to each other and couldn't stop hugging or cuddling, as if that was the only place we wanted to be for the rest of our lives. Yet that happened in multiple locations? That part confused me a bit but I did my best to understand.

I'm not sure if this dream has a very deep meaning to it but I think the fact that one dream contradicts itself so much must mean something. I have tried to look into it myself but no luck. If anyone could enlighten me, I would appreciate It very much. :heartpump:
Xofrnk
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Falling in Love with my Best Friend

Postby Sheena » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:24 am

The one you are
Xofrnk wrote:extremely attached to
in all places at all times is yourself.
This is a double, aspects of self you hate and may be learning to accept ('love'). There is inner tension about self-expression and doubt about your creativity and worth. The scion of the imagined family closeness - which, let's face it, can be constraining and suffocating, and has produced the personal rigidity and conventional materialism you describe - is the projection of your resentment toward the parents who gave you space to become authentically yourself.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Falling in Love with my Best Friend

Postby Varzandeh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 pm

If one dreamt was angry for material reason means she will be proud and won't heed to morals.

If one dreamt she fell in love to someone means she will be covetous and needy.
If dreamt she fell in love to something immoral means her moral is corrupt.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Return to General Dream Discussion