Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Rain, running and darkness

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Rain, running and darkness

Postby Phoenix79in » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi, I was helping my trainee to breakout so I went for a nap while he was handling the shift. It was a big Hall and just two of us were there in the night.
I had this sequence of in my dream.
First I heard him snoring and thought that he too has dozed off. I didn’t realize it then but this was already start of the dream. Later on I found out that it was me who was snoring but the sound of snoring that I felt was coming from about 15ft away. Anyway. So I heard him snore and got up of my bench where I was napping. I saw that the Hall was totally dark and I was feeling scared of the darkness, so I tried to swtitch the lights on but they didn’t turn on despite toggling the switches. I started to nervously walk about in the room. Then I heard the rain falling. From the window I saw that it was raining heavily. It was a welcome sight as this part of the world doesn’t receives much of a rainfall. Then the scene turned to the health club of the hotel where I am a member. I felt thirsty so I went out to drink water from the swimming pool there. But when I reached the pool the water wasn’t very clear and roots of trees were there in the water with gray and other vegetation, like a pond in a forest or something. Then I felt like running and started to run. I was running very fast and was naked. I ran around splashing in the water and didn’t feel my usual back pain. Then I can back indoors if that health club and the scene had changed to that of an hospital. My mom was there and was talking to her other friend about kids these days having serious medical problems like cancer and back pain.
As we left, I found myself again in the dark hall and I tried to switch the light on, but they didn’t turn on. I started flipping the main switches but a few lights turned on. Then the place was full of many tiny lights with hanging strings like switches and I started to turn them all one by one. It felt tedious. Then after some confusion I woke up.
The trainee was awake and working. He has heard me snore and had turned the lights of that part of the Hall off, to help me get a nap. :) my mom just have had her kidney operated upon because of a tumor.
But the freshness of the rain lingered when I woke up. But several times I have noticed, when I make a sound in my sleep, snoring or attempted speech, it feels like it is coming from farther away; from just beside me to few tens of feet away. And when I wake up in my dream, I find the place pitch dark.
Any comments from you guys?
Phoenix79in
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Rain, running and darkness

Postby Sheena » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Phoenix79in wrote:when I reached the pool the water wasn’t very clear and roots of trees were there in the water with gray and other vegetation, like a pond in a forest or something.
When you reach for nurturance it turns out the reality is more complex than you expect in your simplistic understanding, which is off-putting, perhaps too difficult. This point in the dream would be about learning personal limits and accepting them.
Following that clash of expectation and reality which occurs from truncated thinking, is run or egression. The movement goes thru the water by naked self, i.e. devoided of social-cultural identity markers. This then is a mything transfigural pond in which you must be true to self.
Dream then alludes to the major concern: underlying worry about terminal illness due to constant pain; wish for comfort and succor, iconic source of that also injured and inaccessible for what you need. As in the existential pond, dreamer is aware of being on his for the spirit dimensions of this illness.
Dream ends with vague image of hope that depersonalizes the matter, which means dreamer is also aware of this avoidance.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Phoenix79in » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Dear Sheena. Thanks for such a deep and detailed explanation. Yes I have been feeling a ‘clash of expectations and reality’ in spiritual terms. ‘Devoid of social cultural identity markers’ is also relatable.
I didn’t fully understand what you meant by depersonalization of matter and being aware or it’s avoidance? Can you please kindly explain it further?
Also I would like to tell you another dream which had a deep impact on me. In 2003, when I was in the university,one day after my classes, I returned to my hostel and fell asleep. It was about 5:00 in the evening and my friends were playing mini-cricket on the terrace.
After what appeared to be 5-10 minutes, I got up from my bed and felt that it was too dark everywhere. I tried to look at my hands and saw only blacker silhouette in front of me. I opened the door and outside was pitch black and no one around. I was sure that it wasn’t possible that it can be midnight in just 10 minutes. I scurried to my bed and lay down. As I Was going back back to bed, I woke up and saw that I was in the same position in my bed as I was nano second earlier in my dream. Was it it an out of body experience?
Sincerely thankful
Agnivesh
Phoenix79in
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Varzandeh » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Darkness is a symbol for misleading in the way of life.You don't know the answer for the essential questions like: Where did I come here? , ... Where am I going to? ,,, What Is the ultimate goal of this world ?... What should I do here?... Is there any pattern for true way of life? ... is it hard to do? what is the last version ?...

Also Dark is interpreted as misleading in the moral and religion.
If one dreamt everywhere was dark and turned to light means she will repent sins and will have an opening in the beliefs.
If one dreamt was in darkness then came into light and again went into dark means she is a discord. The cow/20.
If one dreamt there was extremely dark means a sorrow for the people.
If one dreamt there was light and suddenly turned to dark by clouds means increasing death and heart attacks in the region.
If one dreamt came from dark into light means if she is poor will get some money and his /her business will be good and will be away from mislead.
Darkness may also mean: 1- Blasphemy 2- wonder 3- closure the affairs 4- Heresy 5-
mislead.

If one dreamt intense rain out of season means there will be a disaster by an army.
If dreamt anointed with rain water means will be safe from fears.

If dreamt was raining over his/her head and was wet means will go to a travel by benefit.
If dreamt rain storm was raining on the people, means many people will have heart
attacks.
If dreamt hearing the rain sound, means she will have some dignity.
If dreamt there was plenty of rain and was streams of rains but didn't hurt him/her mean there will be a strict governor.
If dreamt couldn't pass the rain streams, means will get rid of the governors mischief.
If dreamt it was raining like waterfall means God's wrath and illness.
If dreamt it was raining only in one spot and wasn't in other spots means pain and
illness.
If dreamt it was drizzle means goodness and benefits.
Dark intense rain means illness.
If dreamt it was raining honey means plenty of blessings for people.
If dreamt he /she was drinking clear rain water means a year of comfort.
Drinking dark rain water means pain and illness.
Rain may also mean: 1- blessing 2- pleading for justice 3- illness 4- disaster 5- war 6- Bloodshed 7- turmoil 8- famine 9- Blasphemy 10- lie.

A pool means a work place,
Branches and waste means money,
Walking in the water and splashing means your belief will get power.

In the second dream any ball game means they have arguments or fight.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby Sheena » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Good Q. Misread.
Phoenix79in wrote:I didn’t fully understand what you meant by depersonalization of matter and being aware or it’s avoidance? Can you please kindly explain it further?
My comment on the ending, which is generic and thus depersonalized = not of the dreamer in any form. Relentless hope is a form of avoidance of pain inherent in real life.
This extra: You dreamt that you awoke, all was dark, you couldn't see, and went back to bed? If accurate, opens to two interps:
1. Unable to understand. Discomforted by that. Escapist.
2. Normal bipartite sleep pattern: first sleep, quiet waking, second sleep.
Note the situation, alone on a foreign trip, enough to be discomforting in general.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion