Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Peanut Brittle, a Movie and Angela Merkle

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Peanut Brittle, a Movie and Angela Merkle

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm

09 March 2018 Friday

I dreamed that I was at a theater with some people I knew, and I got up to go to the auditorium. I walked to the auditorium and passed the concession stand briefly and looked at their display. It was not the usual popcorn and boxed candy. It was custom made cookies and sweets. An overweight black woman with glasses was behind the counter and I asked her if she took dollars because I did not have any Euros. Then I qualified myself for saying that you ‘probably don’t. But, the woman smiled and said, ‘yes we do!’ I returned a buoyant smile and casually looked around the counter. I stood on my toes to see what was on the top shelf and wondered why they would place a product so high it could not be seen. The clerk said, ‘I know what you want’ and she said, ‘this is peanut brittle.’ She asked me how many pieces I wanted, and she gave me 3 pieces. I asked her how much it cost, and she gave me a stern look because another black woman walked up beside her. I had the impression that it was her supervisor and she was not supposed to be selling in dollars. I gave her the $2 and walked away. I am not a big fan of peanut brittle and it has been many years since I ate any, but it happened in the dream.

I left the concession stand and walked up a ramp to re-enter the theater. I walked past the door I had exited the first time and returned to it after I saw the door was partially open. I entered the theater and it was brightly lit, not darkened like a normal theater. People were looking straight ahead like you would expect and I recall that the men were wearing coat and ties. I don’t recall what I was wearing. I looked around for the friends I was sitting with previously, but I did not see them, so I sat with someone else at the rear. I sat down and immediately, a woman sitting a few rows ahead of me stood up. She was making motions with her hands, pointing towards the stage and said that ‘Merkle would not approve of this.’ I recall seeing an image of Angela Merkle on the stage wearing an orange pantsuit, a common image for her. I don’t recall dreaming of Merkle before, as well as Euros.

Then I woke up.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Peanut Brittle, a Movie and Angela Merkle

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:43 pm

The first thing that stands out among this dream was the setting.
I live in Texas and this took place in Europe, presumably Germany. The dream had Euros, a German concession stand, and the movie centered around Angela Merkle; prime minister of Germany.

German retailers often accept dollars in communities centered around American installations but apparently the idea that this one did surprised me.
The clerk and the woman in the theater also spoke perfect English and not German.

The movie/presentation I saw was apparently a documentary. Something I would not normally pay to see. But it seemed to attract an educated, professional audience if all the men were in suits and the woman who stood up was emotionally and intellectually motivated enough to stand up and protest.

She gave me 3 pieces of peanut brittle and I recall that they were shaped into irregular shaped triangles. Two sides were equal length and the third side was much longer.

It was also odd that the theater was brightly lit and not dark.

I am at a loss as to what this means unless it has something to do with an element of leadership and a surprise financial windfall because I was able to spend dollars and get a 'good deal' on my peanut brittle. Perhaps something will happen with Germany or the Euro that makes the dollar become cheaper to buy products in Germany.

Just a few ideas.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 pm

I don't know why there is a green smiley face by the dream entry, I did not do that.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:49 pm

It’s the Peanut - Brittle :D ... goes to sticky situation...

This is most likely goes to the economy... and Merkel is the head of ‘Euro’ as England has it own currency... as Russia and China are trying to get into such bees wax! :lep:
GOOD BYE
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Batman wrote:It’s the Peanut - Brittle :D ... goes to sticky situation...

This is most likely goes to the economy... and Merkel is the head of ‘Euro’ as England has it own currency... as Russia and China are trying to get into such bees wax! :lep:

It could be related to the rise of the dollar against the Euro but I generally don't have dreams about the economy.

Perhaps the decline in the Euro will be significant or perhaps my dreams are changing their focus.........don't know.

Thanks
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:17 am

raymond1234 wrote:
It could be related to the rise of the dollar against the Euro but I generally don't have dreams about the economy.

Perhaps the decline in the Euro will be significant or perhaps my dreams are changing their focus.........don't know.

Thanks

... it’s not like you weren’t warned ... about your :2cents: peanut brittle... watching the :infinity: echo, echo (Theater... suits and tie group) ... play

:geek: plus I take your background inn ... (as an American wat2) being there... have you been to Germany??
GOOD BYE
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby raymond1234 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Batman wrote:
raymond1234 wrote:

Thanks

... it’s not like you weren’t warned ... about your :2cents: peanut brittle... watching the :infinity: echo, echo (Theater... suits and tie group) ... play

:geek: plus I take your background inn ... (as an American wat2) being there... have you been to Germany??

Yes, I was stationed in Germany when I was in the Army.
Beautiful country, I enjoyed it.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Then that’s the key... (Army)
As if I had this kind of dream, I would of tied it to why I was there
GOOD BYE
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby raymond1234 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:05 am

Batman wrote:Then that’s the key... (Army)
As if I had this kind of dream, I would of tied it to why I was there

That might be a connection but I think the message was financial or even a personal one from the candy clerk.

I don't recall ever dreaming about Merkle before.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Batman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:13 am

Like most people, you are not getting the depth of such connection ... or such coded language as Dreams R ... as the dream is about ‘trade’ (peanuts) ... either in 2 ... spiritual or real... :2cents:

:geek: ... as i was in Germany in 79, right after I gots Hi-schooled, on a kind of field trip with the soccer team... as a player in this Cold War mentally

So you were probably there when there was a “Wall” ... and therefore in this dream you’re the Ghost ( camouflaged ... don’t know what your wearing... )

As the dream has, Oprah selling you candy... not very likely in Germany (so what is she really selling? ... as the boss lady comes over as Colonel Klink :cheers: in to the... “Opra-Shultz’ - :whistling: I see nothing “looney tune’... (the undercover of reality playing out... :sleep: )

You’ll have to get on your tippy toes, and ‘wake up’ and change your clock ahead an hour today ... to see on the top shelf about the trade wars that are going on...
GOOD BYE
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Sheena » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:00 pm

raymond1234 wrote:the message was financial or even a personal one from the candy clerk.
raymond1234 wrote: ‘I know what you want’
raymond1234 wrote:‘this is peanut brittle.’
raymond1234 wrote:‘Merkle would not approve
The 'personal message is what you want mother disapproves. Bad boy!
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Batman wrote:after I gots Hi-schooled
Let's decertify that school.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Batman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Sheena wrote:
Batman wrote:after I gots Hi-schooled
Let's decertify that school.

It’s the school Crazy George taught computer science ... how do you think the bat computer was invented, someone had to cheer ... :neer:
GOOD BYE
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Return to General Dream Discussion