Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

dream of coughing up black feathers

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

dream of coughing up black feathers

Postby Binpoet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:53 am

Just had a dream which i started coughing hard and all these black feathers started coming out about a dozen or so. I then looked in the mirror and one eye was shut fast. I prized it open and it was fine just sore. First dream ive posted on here and on writing it doesn't seam that weird but it felt so real. i suppose they all do apart from my lucid dreams (i had my first lucid dream recently, which was very unremarkable apart from the fact i was aware and in control, but i guess that and some other weird dreams have got me interested in the topic.)
Any one got any ideas.

Thanks Dave.
Binpoet
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: dream of coughing up black feathers

Postby Naba-Daba-Doo! » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 am

Have you taken a strong stand on some issue
and/or been proven wrong and been humiliated?

could be from eating all that :harhar: CROW

of course just kidding... but maybe some sort of internal "reflection"
perhaps having to "eat your words" in some way

the part of the eye needing to be forced to see
may also be some personally painful thing you
have to face up to or need to admit about yourself.

Don't be too hard on yourself though...
Dreams often over exaggerate issues...
how else would they get your attention long enough to ponder :wave:
Naba = to prophesy
Daba = kind words
Doo! = w/enthusiasm
Naba-Daba-Doo!
A Sign Of The Times
A Sign Of The Times

Postby Binpoet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 am

Im not really the strong stand type maybe i should be. But im more a costing happy day dreamer watching the clouds float through the sky. and the waves roll up the shore.

Humiliated? Well i had a manic episode recently and walked the streets naked and gave away my possessions to the homeless. lol . but actually i didn't feel humiliated at all, maybe a humbling experience. first day back at work was a little awkward but fine after that. the blocked eye could it mean blocked memories? I may or may not have some, but been told to leave alone as apart from a 5 day manic episode im happy and well adjusted.

As to facing up to something. Doesn't feel like there is anything like that. i like who i am but heh always room to improve one self.

thanks for your response

Dave
Binpoet
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby operatormike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Dear Dave Binpoet,

Coughing and black feathers both feel like negative signals. Coughing seems to mean that you feel like you need to get rid of some sort of negative emotions. Crows and ravens, for me, have always been a sign that my mind is on a wrong/bad path. So, similar signals. Then the fact that you looked in a mirror shows that you are examining yourself. You find and eye closed, so that there is something in your unconscious that you are not seeing. You force it open and feel soreness. What ever this unconscious emotion, it is somewhat painful.

Peace,
Operator Mike
Who looks outside, dreams;
So long ago
Was it (in) a dream, was(in)'t just a dream?
I know, yes I know
Seemed so very real, it seemed so real to me---John Lennon
who looks insided, awakens! ---Carl Jung
operatormike
Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper

Postby Sheena » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Eating crow is a very clever reading. It's the kind of pun with which dreams often operate.
Speaking 'crow' could be an alternate take. What dreamer wants to express is difficult for her to do and comes out only in spasms, so it probably is taboo.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Binpoet » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:56 am

Thaks for your responses guys.
Definitely taboos in my life. But these feel resolved. Well at least to my conscious self. Could my conscious self be so happy while my subconscious isnt? Ive been told to leave the blocked memories alone ( if there are any, its kind of complicated) as im such a happy person. That and i only became aware of them a few months ago and im in my thirties. The thing with the memory blockages is there really shouldn't matter as logically and emotionally i can not be held responsible for what did or didnt happen)
Also were drawing conclusions from a single negative dream but ive had dreams so positive and beautiful i jumped out of bed in the mornings.
Regards Dave
Binpoet
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:20 pm

How does one 'resolve' a taboo one has submitted to? By breaking it?? Sex with a parent?
Binpoet wrote:i can not be held responsible for what did or didnt happen)
This defensive statement implies guilt, in which case nothing is resolved until you make or are forced to make retribution. Again, given the coughing image, the misdemeanor is likely to have been something said.
Note that if the standard 'eat crow' cliche applies, it would be about the need to be right.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion