Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Strang Recurring Dream from Childhood

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Strang Recurring Dream from Childhood

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm

In the dream I was 9 or 10 (the age I was at the time). It took place in a hotel that looked like my house. A terrible murder had occurred in this place and the ghosts were haunting the hotel. Throughout the dream, I am sent through rooms in this hotel that do not exist in my own home. But each room has a puzzle in it like an escape house. Each time I complete a puzzle, I get a key to unlock the next door. There are some rooms that I keep avoiding for some reason, but I can't pinpoint why that is. After solving several puzzles (it's a different amount each time), I am given the Red Key to unlock the room in the basement. When I open it, I release the spirit of a young girl named Adora. She was killed in the room, and she always shows me a reenactment of the killing. But it's like an old horror movie where you only see the shadow on the wall. She always asks me to help catch her killer who was a maid in the hotel when she was staying there. I always tell her I can't and she gets super upset. That's when I wake up.
Adora herself looks like this:

Short black hair
Black eyes
Black rimmed glasses
Freckles
She seems to be about 12 or 13
She only appears in black and white for some reason.

Can anyone interperet this for me? I still have the dream sometimes and I'm a bit worried that it means something important and I'm missing it. Thanks!
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Strang Recurring Dream from Childhood

Postby TenderLC » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:30 am

Kelly,
Your dream is about a transition in your life. The hotel is a place to visit, not really a home. Even though it looks like your old home, that may lead one to believe that the hotel is actually yourself in metaphoric ideas. Like having to go through the place solving puzzles may be what we all do in Real life trying to figure out ourselves or others, or seeking to find old memories that have been shoved into out unconscious mind.

One thing I would ask yourself is; what occurred in your life at the age of 9 or 10? These memories may be what you are trying to figure out. The doors you avoid may be ideas or memories that you prefer to keep lost and forgotten. The cellar seems like your stored, history, things that you may have thought were buried and hid away. The girl seem to me to be like a shadow figure of yourself, or- maybe someone you knew back then. I would think it is yourself. Her age is a clue again that there may be a significance to your own age again. Like the first one leads to the later one. Only you would know. Adora always appears in black and white as you see her in an extreme form like life/death, love/hate. etc. As a shadow she may represent an unconscious desire of yours to know the truth, and she is apparently claiming that you are avoiding whatever the issue is that disturbs her.

Since I assume you are more mature now, you should realize that whatever memories you may be avoiding are really behind you now. but recalling them will likely set you free in some way. Does this make sense to you? What do you think now about your dream? BTW, recurring dreams are always issues that have never been resolved. When they are resolved, the dreams change with the new education. Best wishes, kelly.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Kelly_With_Art » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this. It's good to know that maybe I'm not going crazy. I don't remember anything significant happening at age 9, but I'm sure with a little thought I can connect the dots. You've really helped.
Kelly_With_Art
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Varzandeh » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Dreams of children under 15 will be about their parents, girls about their mother.
So, your mom had solved several problems at that time and had achieved wishes and finally a happy big wish.
A ghost means a dear one and a basement means a sorrow.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Return to General Dream Discussion