Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Elephants & Lions

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Elephants & Lions

Postby Musska » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:47 am

I was hoping someone could help interpret this dream...

I'd just moved to a new area. It was an industrial part of a seaside town and the old warehouses were surrounded by large fields. The fields had dirt tracks weaving through tall dead grass and there were very few trees. Some of the paths lead to ramshackle wooden warehouses that had rickety catwalks leading to the next building. At the start of the industrial area was a wooden gate, which is where I was.

I was with two other people. One was my mum, the other was the caretaker of the area. I think he'd hired me. In the distance was a herd of elephants slowing approaching and I was staring at them with awe and fear. I was excited that I was seeing elephants in real life but I was concerned too.

The caretaker was explaining to me that I didn't need to worry about the elephants helping us as long as I helped the lions. Years ago there was some sort of natural disaster... perhaps a drought... and all the trees had died and with it all of the animals. The lions wanted me to scatter seeds all around the fields so the trees would grow back because once the trees regrew, all the animals would come back and then they would have prey again. In exchange the lions would protect me and be our guardians.

We went through the gate and as we neared the elephants a large lion, the leader of the lions, came and joined us and the lions left us alone.

I was scattering the seeds everywhere I walked. They looked a little bit like popcorn or nuts. The bags were small and I was going through quite a few which worried me because the seeds were expensive, but the caretaker was happy and told me to use as many bags as needed.

The lions weren't always alongside me but they were always close enough to make sure we were okay and when they walked with me they talked to me.

At one point the leader of the lions and I were walking across the rickety catwalk talking while I threw the seeds off the sides.

Just before I woke up I could see some trees growing back... It was like I could see it was going to happen soon. I also felt happy that I was helping.

That's it. Help definitely appreciated :)
"and then I woke up"
Musska
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Re: Elephants & Lions

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Scattering seeds is fecundity, sexual reproduction. Wanting to have children.
Regrowth of trees is recovery, renewal of spirit. Think purpose, cause, belief.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Scattering seeds is fecundity, sexual reproduction. Wanting to have children.
Regrowth of trees is recovery, renewal of spirit. Think purpose, cause, belief.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Musska » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Any ideas about the elephants and lions?
"and then I woke up"
Musska
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:13 pm

The animals represent your animal nature. They symbolize emotions and are coincidental. You achieve nothing bc you over-focus on meaningless but attractive ancillary factors instead of the core of what can matter and you can be productive with, poor judgement. I.e., a connoisseur of bullshit.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:07 pm

have you ever been to a zoo .. for a visit ???

perhaps consider doing so .. it may give you some insight .. from seeing such animals with your own eyes ..
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Sheena » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Exactly what Rodin recommended to Rilke, and we know what came of that.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion