Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Rollercoaster of death XD

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Rollercoaster of death XD

Postby Coconut412 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 am

I hesitated to share this dream as a night terror. I personally think that it is quite neutral compared to my usual nighmares... but it was extremely confusing...
In my dream I saw my father. He was looking towards my direction. He wanted to talk about an uncle out of the blue.
I told him why, he's deceased due to heart attack and he was unhappy, in particular after his sister's death... It was unlike him to talk about the dead, I didn't recognise him.
Then, we ended up somehow riding a roller coaster :shock:... and this roller coaster sometimes goes underwater :?
He told me that I should sometimes think of the dead (I dont' remember the exact phrase)... then somehow I fell off the ride :shock: and the fall was slow and long.
Then I woke up.
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Rollercoaster of death XD

Postby Varzandeh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 am

Dreaming about your father and deceased uncle is a symbol that means your salary will increase or will receive a good amount of money.
A roller coaster is a symbol for ups and downs of the life and going down the water means a promotion at work,
But falling means not achieving another wish.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby AnaPopovic » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 am

"I hesitated to share this dream as a night terror. I personally think that it is quite neutral compared to my usual nighmares... but it was extremely confusing...
In my dream I saw my father. He was looking towards my direction. He wanted to talk about an uncle out of the blue.
I told him why, he's deceased due to heart attack and he was unhappy, in particular after his sister's death... It was unlike him to talk about the dead, I didn't recognise him.
Then, we ended up somehow riding a roller coaster :shock:... and this roller coaster sometimes goes underwater :?
He told me that I should sometimes think of the dead (I dont' remember the exact phrase)... then somehow I fell off the ride :shock: and the fall was slow and long.
Then I woke up. "
----
----------
-----

I agree that the rollercoaster can mean all about life and "ups and downs" but I would consider If I were you, to think over my thoughts and emotions towards my father and uncle in meaning...what kind of relationship you are having with them/had.? Why now? Can you reflect on those relationships in your waking life?
Are there things left unsaid? Maybe some emotions are "swallowed" since you mention the death of a sibling. ?
The fact, that the rollercoaster goes underwater, sometimes, is quite interesting..since maybe, the water may be as it usualy is..the symbol of our repressed emotions and etc. Some hidden truths about us in general.
AnaPopovic
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:51 am

Going underwater is immersed in emotional process, perhaps too much so to think and even to live and breathe and be oneself. That would be either or both the family em. process, perhaps brought out by the familial deaths in a system that does not grieve together, or else dreamer's personal way of being connected, not the victim or receiver of anything but the doer of a way of being that can be symbolized by roller coaster, usually seen as stable, repetitive (therefore not adaptive if a person), unpredictable and thrilling. If dreamer compulsively or impulsively is stimulus seeking this could differentiate from real togetherness and grieving process in a healthy family.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:09 am

My father and I are quite similar in many ways... we are indifferent to death. It is not that we are cold-hearted/emotionless, we just think, as believers, that a person who suffers a lot in his/her life has to rest when time comes. For example, one of my grandfathers had undergone multiple surgeries, he started to lose his abilities and it was obviously a mental and physical torture.
This dream surprised me because we knew even more dramatic deaths within the family, like the death of my father's brother.

Varzandeh: Thank you for your interpretations.

AnaPopovic: I cannot deny that I have repressed emotions in general since I was young.

Sheena: I agree on the first part, the rest is plausible.
Last edited by Coconut412 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:13 am

41 describes an emotion denying family.
The most important 'plausibility' is being stuck in the trap you have made for yourself. In that way the roller coaster image is like a vortex.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:16 am

Sheena wrote:41 describes an emotion denying family.

can you please develop the "denying family" part
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:06 pm

What a pia!! You can look that up.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:06 pm

What a pia!! You can look that up.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:42 pm

:lol: sorry, I just don't understand your thoughts, please bear with me, I'll try to understand it myself
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby lala412 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Apologies for sticking my nose in, just wondering if the Original Poster thought Sheena meant they were denying their family, as opposed to possibly meaning that the OP had an "emotion-denying family."
lala412
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Coconut412 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:02 am

lala412 wrote:Apologies for sticking my nose in, just wondering if the Original Poster thought Sheena meant they were denying their family, as opposed to possibly meaning that the OP had an "emotion-denying family."

No prob, you're welcome, just call me Coconut...
I don't have an "emotion-denying family", it's just a personality that I and my father have in common. We have our own visions of things unlike my mother who is a very sensitive person. Furthermore, we both are realistic (that's probably why Sheena has a hard time convincing me :lol: ), but mom is idealistic.
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Family triangle: Fa == 41 ----\ \---Mo ^^^^^^^^ Fa. Mo is the outsider scapegoat and absorbs all the anxiety.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:04 pm

ALRIGHT! We cannot be more confusing than that :lol:
Did you mean Fa = me =/= Mo?
But what is "Mo ^^^^^^^^ Fa"?
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Fused with father and distant from mother. Couple in chronic conflict.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Nice conclusion! It's like saying that the soil is wet because it rained. Simple-minded.
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 am

And 41 being overinvested in the parents' marriage absorbs the anxiety and transmits it to others that 41 encounters - infectious, contaminant.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Probably due to flu... I catched it anyway.
Jokes aside. First, I can't transmit anxiety, people generally call me "ice queen", "cold-hearted", "humanoid freezer" (no I personally added the last one :lol: ) and more.
However, despite my flaws, most of people I know love me and appreciate the way I am (even people I have no social or familial relationship with), probably because I somehow standout, I don't know...
Secondly, I'm not a problem sharer because I just keep things to myself, I handle things myself and I turn the page.
I don't know what kind of image you have of me, a cliché-ed social case? Well, I don't care because I'm me, and it's not with the written discussion that you can know much about my person, each person is a universe.
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:28 pm

This too is an emotional over reaction which transfers 41's anxiety onto others.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm

I don't understand the utility of your so-called constat...
Whatever, next!
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Second look: This dream combines the overwhelming emotional experience of familial enmeshment with the disowned desire to grow up and leave.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Second look: This dream combines the overwhelming emotional experience of familial enmeshment with the disowned desire to grow up and leave.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Well... technically I grew up and left... so...
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:38 pm

. . . so why dreaming it? In conscience you haven't left.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Coconut412 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 am

Obviously, it's my family after all.
Coconut412
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Return to General Dream Discussion