Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Cruise ship dream.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Cruise ship dream.

Postby Innerfire89 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Hello everyone, I'll skip an introduction any get right to it.

My dream started with me eating at the buffet on a cruise ship. It was the end of the cruise and everyone was headed of the ship. The ship was hard to navigate like a maze and I kept getting lost, but then I begain helping other people find their way off. After I helped the other people the ship became even more like a maze, I would get on elevators and the buttons for what floors it took me to were random, when I got to another floor the buttons would change. As the dream went on people started to behave stranger and stranger like they were going insane. A guy asked if he could put his fingers in my mouth and I kept telling him no until he became violent and I had get away from him, then I had to fight everyone I came across because they were insane and violent. Then there were dead bodies laying around on the ship as if they were trampled and that's where the dream ended.

There's other parts of the dream that might mean something, a ghost that people said if I looked at it for too long I would die and an area on the ship that was like a home from another era. In the room were a look large bed with a net draped over it, a record player, an old TV, those kinds of things.

I think the dream has to do with my view of materialism and consumerism, and my beliefs I hold as a devote Christian. That maybe because I've been feeling like society makes people crazy chasing after luxury and material things are symbolized by the cruise ship and helping people off the ship is sort of what it's like to share the Gospel. I don't know.
What are your thoughts?
Innerfire89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Cruise ship dream.

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Buffet is about choices. This one leads to the War of all against all, suggesting oppositional tendencies toward the life decision at hand.
But i like dreamer's own reasoning better. Some tension between duty to proselytize and aversion to the strong resistance dreamer already knows will target her for this.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Buffet is about choices. This one leads to the War of all against all, suggesting oppositional tendencies toward the life decision at hand.
But i like dreamer's own reasoning better. Some tension between duty to proselytize and aversion to the strong resistance dreamer already knows will target her for this.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Innerfire89 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Sheena wrote:Buffet is about choices. This one leads to the War of all against all, suggesting oppositional tendencies toward the life decision at hand.

The buffet symbolizing choices seems to fit in with the rest of what I think the dream is representing.

I'm not a her though, except on special occasions. Lol.
Innerfire89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Scorpio1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:01 pm

I think the ship really is the current materialistic civilisation, in which people who have no spiritual life are becoming more and more insane: look around you. A cruise ship carries many passengers: I think the dream is reflecting your accurate perception of being on a 'ship of fools'.
Scorpio1
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby murph » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:06 pm

The dream is a guidance dream.. the more you try to help people off the ship the more you get lost, confused and violent.. the more you fight materialism the more energy you give it. While a ship can represent your life purpose..this dream says you are going about it the wrong way.. firstly you have judged all those people as materialistic hedons.. how do you know that Christ himself didn't gift some of those people that needed rest and relaxation ? Jesus said be not overly concerned about the cares of this world.. where are the fruits of the spirit in this dream ??
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Innerfire89 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Scorpio1 wrote:I think the ship really is the current materialistic civilisation, in which people who have no spiritual life are becoming more and more insane: look around you. A cruise ship carries many passengers: I think the dream is reflecting your accurate perception of being on a 'ship of fools'.

I'd say that's pretty spot on.
Innerfire89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Innerfire89 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:37 pm

murph wrote:The dream is a guidance dream.. the more you try to help people off the ship the more you get lost, confused and violent.. the more you fight materialism the more energy you give it. While a ship can represent your life purpose..this dream says you are going about it the wrong way.. firstly you have judged all those people as materialistic hedons.. how do you know that Christ himself didn't gift some of those people that needed rest and relaxation ? Jesus said be not overly concerned about the cares of this world.. where are the fruits of the spirit in this dream ??

Maybe, at times I find myself focusing on what I would call the symptoms rather than the disease, instead of trying to show people what's wrong with something I should simply share the Gospel that makes one new.

As for judging people, did you the people in the dream or real people?

Scripture doesn't seem to hint at comfort in luxury as a gift form God, but Christ says to take up your cross and follow me and that the children of God should expect discipline.

I don't really see fruits of the Spirit in the dream. The dream is just symbols of my feelings or something like that.
Innerfire89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Firstly on a positive note.. the dream is inspired from Your christian faith. It is a correctional dream. Secondly you have the openess and grace to post it and seek the opinions of others here..at least you don't suffer from arrogance.
Agree with your first paragraph , luxury vacations can be symptoms rather than causes. Some people it's a well earned rest.. for others perhaps a seeking of happiness in materialism which eventually must fail anyway.. and hundreds of other reasons for vacations. If we are really honest we all have probably enjoyed a good vacation. Certainly my love of nature came from much treasured vacations on beach's and summer holidays camping etc. Admittedly in much simpler times. The truth for me now is that the best holiday is from a troubled and sometimes the incessant thinking of the mind.. the only cure or vacation from this is God's peace...
Nor sure what you meant by 2nd paragraph on Judging..personally better to walk a mile in someone's shoes before you judge..
Sharing the Gospel is really sharing that Jesus loves and cares for you and will guide you if you seek. Your dream is proof of this...
What's sometimes forgotten by spiritual believers if one studies the bible is that Jesus got more trouble obstruction and eventual crucifixion by priests Rabbis and Jews etc.. he had a lot less trouble with publicans, prostitutes, sick people and sinners. They at least we're open and grateful to the good news..and miracles.
Agree discipline is necessary but there are two kinds of discipline. Enforced discipline which rarely works and can cause resentment, or there's the natural discipline that comes from something you love doing..
Keep the faith and zeal but be open to guidance from the divine within..
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Innerfire89 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 am

murph wrote:Firstly on a positive note.. the dream is inspired from Your christian faith. It is a correctional dream. Secondly you have the openess and grace to post it and seek the opinions of others here..at least you don't suffer from arrogance.
Agree with your first paragraph , luxury vacations can be symptoms rather than causes. Some people it's a well earned rest.. for others perhaps a seeking of happiness in materialism which eventually must fail anyway.. and hundreds of other reasons for vacations. If we are really honest we all have probably enjoyed a good vacation. Certainly my love of nature came from much treasured vacations on beach's and summer holidays camping etc. Admittedly in much simpler times. The truth for me now is that the best holiday is from a troubled and sometimes the incessant thinking of the mind.. the only cure or vacation from this is God's peace...
Nor sure what you meant by 2nd paragraph on Judging..personally better to walk a mile in someone's shoes before you judge..
Sharing the Gospel is really sharing that Jesus loves and cares for you and will guide you if you seek. Your dream is proof of this...
What's sometimes forgotten by spiritual believers if one studies the bible is that Jesus got more trouble obstruction and eventual crucifixion by priests Rabbis and Jews etc.. he had a lot less trouble with publicans, prostitutes, sick people and sinners. They at least we're open and grateful to the good news..and miracles.
Agree discipline is necessary but there are two kinds of discipline. Enforced discipline which rarely works and can cause resentment, or there's the natural discipline that comes from something you love doing..
Keep the faith and zeal but be open to guidance from the divine within..

There were a few typos in my last response.

You say God gives you peace, if you believe as I do than its good to meet you, it's always a pleasure to meet brothers and sisters in Christ. If not it's nice to meet you anyway and I hope you discover the new life that I found in following Christ.

I not trying to start a religious debate here or anything of that sort. But I must say that there's more to the Gospel than Christ loves you and to seek him. The Gospel is that Christ was beaten and nailed to a tree as a substitute for sinners and that to have eternal life one must recognize they are wrong in God's eyes and make the choice to turn from their lifestyle sin to live for Christ. The Scribes and Pharisees were strict on keeping law in their public appearance but never knew the God they thought they were obying. The apostles were once fishermen, publicans, tax collectors and down right sinners, but Christ reformed them.
Innerfire89
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby murph » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 am

Lovely to meet you also.. agree with most of what you say..again I think the key word is choice and it must be an individual's free will to choose.. otherwise forcing religion or beliefs just leads to conflict and wars as seen in dream.. like the guy trying to force his fingers down your throat...Peace be with you..
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Varzandeh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 pm

A ship means a work place,
Being lost means you are not appreciated as you merit.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Return to General Dream Discussion