Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream about funeral

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dream about funeral

Postby katiemarie626 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 am

Hi all, I’m new to this forum and I’m hoping somebody can offer some insight on the dream I had last night. I’m usually able to interpret my own dreams pretty well but this one I’m just puzzled on.

The dream started off with me as a passenger on a huge boat, almost like a ferry or a cruise ship. It was very tall. We were sailing down the local river that I live near. My Boyfriends father was the one sailing the ship and he was having a hard time; the water was really rough. I remember the water being a muddy orange color and he was having a hard time navigating us through it. On the ship it was me, him, and two other passengers. I’m pretty sure One of them was my boyfriend.

When we arrived at our destination, it was a funeral. I’ve no idea whose funeral it was...it was almost like I was at a strangers funeral. It was all indoors, I never once saw the coffin, so it was almost like a post-funeral gathering. In the dream I was upset about the person who had died, but obviously it was no one I was too close with because I wasn’t distressed or crying. The guests around me, who I knew none of, were in discord. They were arguing, yelling, and some were gossiping about the person who had died.

I woke up with a negative feeling about this dream, almost alarmed, it felt eerie. It had a dreary tone to it. I’m really worried about what this dream could mean.

Does anyone have any ideas?

***wanted to edit to add some info about what’s going on in my life currently:

I’ve been going through a great deal of anxiety, post partum anxiety. I have a 5 month old daughter. I have a very hard time staying calm and have panic attacks most days and I worry that I’m dying on a daily basis. This is why the funeral dream makes me nervous.

My boyfriends dad has been going through a tremendous amount of stress due to family issues going on right now.
katiemarie626
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dream about funeral

Postby Sheena » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Emotionally coded, orange refers to fairly intense hostility. Muddy suggests obscured or in a way hidden. Best guess: hiding from yourself the reality of receiving those hostile feelings from bf.
Funeral scene demonstrates excess focus on the past.
Ordinarily, funeral would symbolize attainment or resolution of a desirable personal change, but here there seems nothing to let go of, move on from, or to grieve, so the drama of the wake is the point - inner conflict described after as fairly constant also obscures some important matters in dreamer's life. It is all about attitude. Try practicing positive self talk of gratitude for the new infant and noticing moments that bring wonder and interest. Joy contentment and satisfaction over skilled action with the child may be too long a reach right now.
Immediate feelings from the dream are irrelevant to learning the meaning to the dreamer.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Dream about funeral

Postby Varzandeh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 pm

A ship means a work place , muddy water means a sorrow.
A funeral means a managing promotion and managing as many people as were in the gathering / OR you will be invited in wedding ceremony, in less than a month.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Return to General Dream Discussion