Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

The day I was told I will be taking over for Death

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

The day I was told I will be taking over for Death

Postby themonkeyguy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:20 am

I still don’t know if this was a dream or actually happened. It scares me to this very day. I have had meetings with Death himself and things went my way but yet I It has left a scar. This dream happened in December of 2017 and I’m still trying to process it.
I woke up on my back, in my bed with some sort of figure at the end of the bed standing over the edge. It was Death himself, black cloak, bone hands with his scythe and all. I was once again scared. We have met before, this time he seemed happy. His words I will never forget, he stepped forward as close as he could to the edge of the bed, pulled back his hood, which revealed bone and some sort of decay and with a smile said “They would like to talk to you”.
My room went black and the next thing I know I have wings. One dark black and one as white as you can imagine. After a moment of admiring the wings I noticed the room was an odd color, a bright white but a hell reddish color. At this point I’m sitting up in my bed, I look up and I see what I think is god himself (I’m not religious in any sort of way) standing on the right side of the edge of the bed and to his left was the devil. For a moment while my eyes where wide open not believing what was going on there was total silence. I noticed in the back that Death was in the room as well standing behind the two.
God “He has the wings”
Devil “It appears that way”
God turns towards Death and says “It looks like your Time May be coming to an end” God Chuckles.
Death “I knew there was a reason he was being rather difficult”
Devil “How long has it been since we have had a change” Death “It’s been 3,254 years, 18 Days, 16 Hours, 27 minutes, and approaching the thirty second mark sir”
Devil “It looks like you will finally get your peace, my brother and I will plan accordingly. As should you” The devil looks at me and says “We shall be seeing you, not too soon though” He gave me a look of pity.
God “Enjoy the time you have left, you will love your life and it will be grand, but you have been given an incredible horrific gift”

Within a blink of an eye God and the Devil Disappear, my wings are gone, and Death steps forward to the edge of my bed.
Death “If you didn’t catch on, it looks like you will be taking my place. Enjoy what you have and what is ahead in your future. Like God said you have been given an incredible horrific gift. He said those very words to me. We will be seeing each other. May God look upon you and bless you and the Devil forever on your side”
I snapped awake at that point. It was 12:05 PM. A text message had awoken me. I woke up to a room freezing cold, shivers going up my spine and an experience that will haunt me.
themonkeyguy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: The day I was told I will be taking over for Death

Postby Dreaming Life » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:24 am

Sounds like something from a Terry Pratchett novel. I’m guessing you must read a lot, or watch movies like this or both? Perhaps you could write a story with this as the opening paragraph? If nothing else it might give you a better idea of the dream meaning?
Dreaming Life
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby murph » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 pm

I think this was a vision more than your ordinary dream.. as I understand it the the individual Death is more like a midwife.. the midwife helps deliver newborns into physical reality by cutting umbilical cord.... where as Death cuts silver cord to separate individuals from physical reality and return to spiritual realms.. also think you have ability or gift to bring them to God as opposed to Devil or at least you know the difference..future career when you depart this reality ?? Just my opinion..
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Sheena » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm

So mannered that it is unclear to be a dream rather than a stylized short story, but as it is so presented we will remark on it as dream.
Words spoken in a dream are the clarification of the mind becoming conscious and focused. This selects certain phrases that appear personal:
themonkeyguy wrote:They would like to talk to you
Being called on the carpet? It could also be reverse, whom is it you feel the need to talk to?
themonkeyguy wrote:We shall be seeing you, not too soon though” He gave me a look of pity
Where is it in life you feel you are being put-off?
themonkeyguy wrote:We will be seeing each other.
Speaks to continued yearning for a rejecting object of desire.

The numbers add up to 39 which resolves to 3 = dialectical reasoning for a solution to the unfinished problem, meaning the answer is not evident in the way the problem and its conflict are given. The other numeral mention in words is 32 = 5, a mysterious reference to the essential quality within all things.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby themonkeyguy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 pm

I do watch a lot of movies. I have read all the Hellblazer comic books (I even have a whole back tattoo with John Constantine and other figures in it). The dream felt so real. I had control of the wings. If I thought in my head to flick them they would flick etc.

I have had other dreams or visions or whatever with death before. He would take his boney hands and touch my wrist or take is schythe and hit me with it. Although I would feel that cold death touch or the power hit from the Schythe I always remained. However when I would touch him his robe would and scythe would fall to the ground in a pile. Kinda something like when Obi Won Kenobi was hit by Dark vader in a New Hope. It has cause me not to sleep and the sleep I do get I dream about being in a bar in Hell, where people are kinda scared to talk to me, don’t like me type of deal. It’s been rather odd.
themonkeyguy
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Dreaming Life » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:40 am

I’ve had dreams with Death like that, where Death is a character more than a representation of actually dying. I guess the way you feel about Death as a character, based on your reading and movie experiences, will have more of a bearing on the significance of him in your dream than thinking of him in the more literal sense. The same goes for Hell etc in this context, at least to some extent.
My own dream site: https://www.dreaming.life/
Dreaming Life
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Your bar in hell is the human condition being in society.
All the rest is yearning to be heroic to put self beyond the ordinary conditions of life for everyone.
You can't. Too bad. You are not special.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion