Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Lots of water dreams

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Lots of water dreams

Postby hollywollyd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:05 am

I've been wondering if someone can help me uncover the meanings of this dream. For months now, I've been dreaming of water- oceans, lakes, steam rooms with pools filled with lots of people, and now my latest one:

I had a fight with my parents because I really wanted to co-house with them, my grandparents and my children. They refused. So my best friend and I looked for houses that were communal. We found one we really liked, but it was taken. So we kept walking and saw one for sale in the same community. When we arrived lots of people were already there and the open house seemed competitive. We found out that it was much more expensive than the other homes. I couldn't believe it because the actual rooms were filled with water. You had to swim to the sofa, the bedroom, etc. and the furniture floated. I commented that this was silly. I imagined having to come home from work to eat lunch and having to get wet to get to the refrigerator. My friend thought it was great and jumped right in along with everyone else. I stayed out of the pool, observing everyone in it partying and being crazy.
hollywollyd
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Lots of water dreams

Postby Varzandeh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 am

Ocean means the state, swimming means working for the state.
Lake means a smaller work place.
Steam means a sorrow and illness.
After a long run you will find a house that means a partner or means a big amount of money.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby deepdreamer27 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 pm

From my understanding, water in dreams usually has to do with the state of emotions. What was the quality of the water? Was it clear, or murky?

I've also had a lot of water dreams before (either from viewing perspective or being submerged) and they usually occur in a time of my
life when I'm emotionally invested in something (e.g. relationship ).
deepdreamer27
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby TenderLC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:11 pm

The way to figure out dreams is to look first for any conflicts within the dream. This is thought to reflect the conflicts within the dreamer.

In your dream the first sentence shows you have a conflict within yourself between those who advise caution or boundaries, etc even if things don't seem conflicted in real life. The parents in your dream are the parents within you. They tell you "No" and you go off and find someone else, who is not like them but in this case might represent another side of yourself as well. He/she initially might represent a completion of the dreamer, but as the dream progresses again we see a conflict between you and He/she as you don't want to get into a ridiculous emotional state, or don't want to be "all wet" meaning illogical vs logical. Or else vulnerable emotionally/physically etc. The water in the house may also refer to "being under water" in the financial sense. So, even if you disagreed with your parents you are essentially back to square one being the reasonable one. So, the idea you had about communal living is seen to have potential drawbacks like greater expense, unwanted involvement, safety issues(seriously, swimming to an electrical appliance where you would be instantly electrocuted???), and the impulsiveness of other people. The one thing to think through is are you reluctant to swim in the emotions, or do you simply prefer to employ logic in real life?

I hope this helps you. How do you see the dream now? Please let us know. Best wishes to you.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion