Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Could someone help with a strange recurring dream Please.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Could someone help with a strange recurring dream Please.

Postby vikiwill » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 pm

This is a recurring dream I’ve had for years since I was a small child. I haven't had it for years until very recently. I’m sitting on a couch inside the living room my old house. The only other furniture is an identical couch to my right. I know I’m in a dream, it's almost like I can remember having the dream previously. On the other couch is a dark figure like a shadow with red eyes. He has one hand raised towards me. He keeps asking me to come with him, to let him help me, so he can make everything better. I’m not scared, but I feel really distrustful of the figure. When I wake up I can remember the dream clearly. I’ve never accepting his help, and weirdly I always wake up sort of regretting not taking his hand. What does this mean???? Thank you for your help.
vikiwill
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Could someone help with a strange recurring dream Please

Postby TenderLC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Viki,
recurring dreams always seem to indicate that the dreamer has an unresolved issue that will continue to bother until the dreamer acknowledges the issue and considers a resolution, and ties to resolve it. Once attempts are made the dream will change, if not dissipate altogether, as the RL situation will begin to change. Does that sound logical?
In your dream the house is You no matter who actually owns it. You are beside yourself as the shadow figure is a part of yourself. You are on the left and he is on the right. This seems to me to represent either sitting on one side of emotional/logical thinking or the other, and the man is taking the opposite. You seem to state that you don't trust whichever side he is on, but regretting to take his advice is like refusing to see the logic or else the emotions of the issue. In some people, especially those who have been severely traumatized, they often simply forget faces, incidents, feelings, etc., and neglect to resolve such things. Then they are surprised in dreams or other situations and since they can't remember, feel blind-sided by them. I'm not saying you have been traumatized but in either case your dream seems to be saying that you will benefit by facing whatever the issue is.

Does this sound logical?? How do you seee your dream now? I hope this helps you. Best wishes.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Could someone help with a strange recurring dream Please

Postby Indra » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 pm

I am wondering about the red eyes of the shadow figure, which is part of your own self. Since the eyes are the windows to your soul, and those eyes are red,
maybe there is anger, aggression about something that has happened in the past. Perhaps that shadow figure wants to reach out a hand to show you what it is, but you didn't feel ready to face it yet. Perhaps you will be ready in your own time.
Indra
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion