Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Strange and violent childhood dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Strange and violent childhood dream

Postby Chocolatehearts » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:39 pm

I had this dream when I was a child, but I can still remember it clearly. I’ve always wanted to know what it meant. I’m walking through a suburban neighborhood with Fred from blues clues. He is my babysitter. After a while of walking, we stop to stand next to a tall tree. Suddenly, crabs in space helmets came down from the sky. They were very angry, screeching and blowing bubbles. They spoke in text bubbles and in a language I couldn’t understand. People were being disturbed by the crabs, so I decided to calm them by singing. It works, and the crabs calm down, but the tree I was standing next to hated my voice so much that it became sentient and grew a face (think of groot’s face. Similar to that style) It’s roots spring out of the ground, grab Steve by his hands and feet, and rips him in half. He’s full of granola, along with presumably everyone else in the dream. The crabs go back into the sky and people start to run into houses. The tree starts to grow and rips more people in half. I run to my neighbors house, but they lock the door. I ran into my grandmothers house, and she is indifferent to everything happening outside. She’s knitting. I sit dow and try to calm myself, but the house starts to shake. Roots grow through the walls and the house is lifted off the ground. My grandmother still doesn’t care. I turn to the window to see the trees giant eye, and then wake up. Can anyone help explain this dream?
Chocolatehearts
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Strange and violent childhood dream

Postby Indra » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:04 pm

To see a crab in your dream signifies your perseverance and tenacity. On an extreme note, you maybe be too clingy and dependent, I mean after all you were a child when you dreamt this. You are hanging on to a hopeless endeavor or relationship. Alternatively, the dream may indicate that you are trying to avoid some issue. You are being evasive.Now the crabs were wearing space helmets, space points at exploring the unknown, which is also normal for a child,to see a helmet in your dream symbolizes protection. It also indicates that you need to keep your thoughts and ideas closely guarded.
The wicked tree,to see a lush green tree in your dream symbolize new hopes, growth, desires, knowledge, and life. It also implies strength, protection and stability. You are concentrating on your own self-development and individuation.
Now perhaps there was a very destructive influence in your development, as the tree turns violent. It shook you to the core, as the house started to shake, and the roots of that tree.
Also the crabs were angry, perhaps you felt that you were to clingy and dependent and it made you angry, and the tree that could not stop developing, because after all you had to grow up and become independent just went wild and took your grandmothers house down in order to shake everyone up telling them, hello, I'm not a baby anymore. Maybe you were afraid of growing up and becoming independent.
Just a wild guess
Indra
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Return to General Dream Discussion