Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

New neighbors and leaking roof

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

New neighbors and leaking roof

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:24 pm

In waking life, my neighbors just moved out and I'm wanting to move this spring. I like this house, however. My landlord has done nothing to maintain the property, just fixes the bare necessities. MY DREAM: I opened the front door, it was an old worn brown door, and saw all these old rickety wooded picket fences. One fence along the front of the yard, then another one along the north side of the yard, where the next house is. There was a male little person standing on the other side of the fence where the fences crossed, grilling out. He looked over at me and waved, "I'm your new neighbor"! I waved back, and wondered how they had moved in so quickly. I looked to my left and saw three men in their 30's walking around in their back yard, they were dressed like they were going hunting. They didn't act like they even saw me. I did not recognize the front yard as it's nothing like it is in waking life. It was winter, yet the grass was green. I looked over into their yard again, the grass was patchy some green some brown, and they had 4 dogs. looked like they were mix breeds, no pure breeds. I walked out into the front yard, thinking it would be maybe ok. My dog is a lab mix, and he freaks when strangers are around, I was in hopes with these dogs, he might not notice the people. He did go up to the wire fence and "greeted" on of the smaller neighbor dogs. It seemed to go well. Then a female small person came to my door, carrying what looked like a dalmatian pup, with a green color and leash. She held the pup up to me and said, "your dog bit me". I told her that wasn't my dog, and showed her mine. He was standing behind me, peaking around the side of my leg, very timid. She seemed to accept that and wanted to know whose dog it was, I had no idea and told her. She didn't put up a fuss about it. I turned around and saw the ceiling in my living room (which I did not recognize) I had taped a sheet of plastic covering the ceiling, as the roof was leaking. The house in my dream was very run down, I tried to call the landlord on my cell, and kept dialing the wrong number, i don't recall ever dialing the correct number. It was snowing, yet water was dripping onto the plastic, I looked up thru the holes in the ceiling and could see blue sky. I found my landlord was sitting in the other room, and I told him I wanted the roof fixed, as it was leaking. Finally got him to come into the living room to see. He didn't seem to think this was an urgent problem, even tho' I had him look up and see the holes in the ceiling, and again the sky was blue, yet it was raining and you could see the water gathering in the plastic cover I'd put up. One edge of the plastic was coming loose from the wall, so I got some clear shipping tape to patch it up. Still my landlord seemed uninterested, so I knew if I talked to his wife, she would make him fix it. I woke up feeling really bummed. Perhaps this was a stress dream about possible new neighbors and my desire to move? Your input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Louise
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Re: New neighbors and leaking roof

Postby TenderLC » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:45 am

Louise, I think this is about the relationships with neighbors and landlords, as well as the emotions represented by the leaky roof. Houses in dreams often refer to the dreamer's body in the structural sense. So the kitchen is the heart, the attic higher thoughts or beliefs, etc. The roof leaking seems to mean that you are allowing in too much emotions to your thinking. The landlord should pay attention to your plight but, according to the dream he doesn't see the problem as a male, but you would believe his wife would side with you in sympathy as a female. You might want the sympathy but the conflict in this is that you are letting in everyones emotions too much. You need to fix this, not the male part of yourself that deals with structures as opposed to emotions.
I ssense that the neighbors moving out is like a fantasy of your own to make a change in some social area of your life, and you are surprised that they are replaced so quickly. When you make changes there is always an alternative somewhere, so make changes in your life, not necessarily the house, and see if things improve for you. study your potential moves and make good plans, then see if you are comfortable with the proposed changes. I hope this helps. What do you think of your dream now?
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: New neighbors and leaking roof

Postby Louise » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:42 am

TenderLC, Thank you. WOW! Actually in waking life, my neighbors moved out because the house was too cold. We had -17 temps over the New Years. Although I do wish for a better environment to live in. You are correct about the emotions, I do pick up on other people's stuff/emotions many times. At times before I even see them. Which can be very draining. Your interpretation is very interesting, and very helpful.
Louise
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Return to General Dream Discussion