Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream: Frustrated Spouse bought Crappy Home & I destroyed it

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dream: Frustrated Spouse bought Crappy Home & I destroyed it

Postby chica » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 am

I had the weirdest dream- In my dream, we were at this little house, unknown location. He showed me this broken down home that he had bought. We started to move in it looked like an old small barn brick house. The ceiling had old wood and holes exposed, the brick inside was deteriorating. The house was partially decorated with some of our stuff. THe more I looked around, the angrier I got that he hadn't even showed me this old run down piece of shit house. I asked him, how much did he buy it for, who did he buy it with. He wouldn't respond fast enough. I started to rip stuff down the wall, throw it everywhere, break plates, glass, and shattered everything inside of it. He was just standing there. I was consumed with anger that he would buy another property. Something we did together, I have a real estate license, we could have saved money.

He told me he bought it with a realtor for $75,000 and Craig the Realtor was superful thankful for the commission money. As I look outside, the home backed up toa flooding river and was starting to peel way the land. To the right of the home, a business was using it as a roadway to enter and exit people's car. The front of the home, had a small raving and the other side where they parked in front of the house. I thought this was the most ridiculous thing. The home seemed like it was going to wash away, heavy traffic and no place to park our boat, trailers anything I was thinking are we going to be keeping our new house we had just bought less than a year ago and keep all the stuff there. This piece of crap "old" house was going to take well over $75-$100K. I was consumed with rage and got a knife and stabbed him in the stomach, slashed his arms, neck. He just stood there like it wasn't even physically or emotionally affecting him. I felt what I was doing was so wrong, but he seemed powerful like a movie that Im watching about Jesus Christ and ability to heal people-untouchable. It was so weird that anything I would say, do or harm him, didn't. I felt horrible, but I was so angry. I knew what I was doing in my head seemed so unreasonable, so out of ordinary, but so was what he did.

How dare he use our money, now use me for the transaction, even though I work full time in HR. I still have ability to save thousands of dollars towards our own purchases. I was just outraged at his dismissive and uncaring approach with me. In my dream I just kept destroying the home and was so mad. I wanted to leave him, destroy him. So much resentment, anger and betrayal as he had NEVER done this type of purchase beforehand. We always do things together in everything and as a couple decide on best course of action. It was so uncharacteristic of him to do this.

Then I woke up- Please help to interpret. SO weird.
chica
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dream: Frustrated Spouse bought Crappy Home & I destroye

Postby TenderLC » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:54 am

Chica, I will try to reply tomorrow as it is getting late. In the meantime, think about him as a part of yourself and see what you think/feel. You had the dream, so you invented the problem he presented, so you invented him as another side of yourself.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby murph » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 am

The crumbling house that was bought is your temporary state of mind. The small ego really that's crumbling. Buying into this state of mind is really believing that your identity is your thoughts and emotions. The husband here represents your true nature. Infinite eternal state of being or pure consciosness/ awareness...unaffected by the dramas of the ego or material events that happen.. lovely dream.
The best interpretation is the dreamers own interpretation.
murph
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby TenderLC » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Chica,
I like to see dreams in terms of the conflicts within them. The house itself is not as important as the relations between you and the husband of your dream. It seems that there was little communication between the two of you, as far as the dream house is concerned. I tend to see the house and condition of the property as the consequences of this miscommunication. IT could be that the dream hubby represents the RL husband, but he could also be the male side of your self that you don't feel connected to in the dream. It is as if the impulsive, aggressive side of you in very disconnected to your feminine side. The result is the the house, actually representing your physical self, is in disrepair, under threat of natural disaster, and basically run down, uncared for, and used by others. Do you feel this way in anyway in RL?

It seems as if you are trying to work through these issues, and it seems as if you may be depending on your husband in real life to be that more aggressive side that you might wish or need to develop in yourself, that is, connect to and incorporate successfully in your self to become a little more equal in debates and decisions with him. Do you feel like even though you both agree with things that you find that you, or he, are too insistent? That could mean that if you get your way too much that it is costing you very much and resulting in bad feelings that cause the devaluation of yourself. Or else he is too aggressive and stilll results in some devaluation anyway. That idea may be expressed in your dream as a what-if in case your agreements seem fine.

Thinking about this again, the house could represent your husband. That might mean that you are tearing him down, and see him in all the conditions that you complain about in your dream. But again, that could be dreaming of a what-if, a maybe just in case. That might mean that you are afraid he is becoming something you wish would change for the better but you feel overwhelmed in the project.

I hope this helps you. What do you think about your dream now? Best wishes.
TenderLC
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Return to General Dream Discussion