Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

me and mom in an alternate reality

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

me and mom in an alternate reality

Postby abbynormal » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 pm

I dreamt I was on my front porch on a sunny spring day. the mail delivery person drove up to my porch with a sack full of parcels of various sizes, addressed to me, and wanted me to sign for them. he was middle-aged with close-cropped white hair and gray-blue steel-colored eyes. he told me that he remembered seeing me as a child, in the post office with my mother, and I was thinking in the dream, that is curious, I am not sure I remember it that way. then I awoke.
abbynormal
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: me and mom in an alternate reality

Postby Sheena » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:09 pm

In this dream you are identified as being complete, adult, accountable for self. There is some tension between this growth into majority and civic status versus the (we assume) recent but past childhood maternal dependency. In this new adult phase you experience abundance. Still there is something from the past, perhaps with mother that stays unresolved.
The middle aged man who is knowing and functional is an archetypal aspect of self - fulfillment - that may need to be integrated better.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion