Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Turning evil into good

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Turning evil into good

Postby Vimbai » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:10 am

In my dream, there was a demon, ugly face, huge wings, rotting skin demon that was hanging around me. At first, i was very concerned, does a demon mean there is something evil about me that i should look into. Then as time went i noticed the demon change. The skin started healing, its face became more pleasant to look at. The wings started to disappear. In the end, it wasnt a demon anymore. It was....pure, beautiful and no wings.
Vimbai
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Turning evil into good

Postby Sheena » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:42 am

Vimbai wrote:does a demon mean there is something evil about me that i should look into.
And if the answer is yes???
The dream as a whole may imply inner wisdom. Wholeness. That once you do accept your own negatives the outcome within self can only be salutary.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby mrothschild.8 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:25 pm

[the demon could represent a self aspect, or it could represent someone else, or even a situation.

I wouldn't be the first to say, that at the heart of every negativity is a pure impulse - this can definitely get buried, cluttered up, or expressed in ways that are not appropriate or are destructive. the want to be happy, the want to be safe, the want to be loved, the want to be valued and respected, can all manifest themselves in very undesirable ways when people are not at their best, or gets diverted by pain and fear.

As Sheena suggests it could represent a new insight about self, though it is also possible that this could be equally true about a coworker, a friend, enemy, a family member.

the face has to do with identity. an ugly face could mean you found the personality, identity of the thing/ person hiddeous or repellent (which may reflect self judgement or judgement of others)
skin forms a boundary between self and other, inside outside. the rotting skin indicates to me an issue with keeping negativity out, being vulnerable to infection, external negativity getting under ones skin, and festering as brooding that generates its own negativity.
the big wings visually present a dramatic presence, feeling as though it takes up a lot of space; it could also hint at a sense of power, large wings being able to give powerful beats or forcefully moving large quantities of air. ultimately they may represent that false sense of power and force that comes with negative pride, anger, brooding etc...

the healing of the skin represents self containment, healing boundaries, being able to keep out external negativity, not festering with brooding.
the transformation of the face is letting go of judgment perhaps
the disappearance of the wings is the elimination of false power and grandiosity of negativity, returning to a human scale. (the wings are also a burden, a cluttering of inner space of the demon) their absence is relief from the burden, the freedom of space around the character, or lack of intrusion into your space.

so, if you're not personally experiencing changes like this, I imagine someone around you is.
The interpretation above is just my two cents.
The dreamer is the final arbiter of the correctness of an interpretation. The subconscious mind that made the dream is the ultimate authority over its creation.
mrothschild.8
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm

mrothschild.8 wrote:As Sheena suggests it could represent a new insight about self, though it is also possible that this could be equally true about a coworker, a friend, enemy, a family member.

No, Silly, every part of a dream is the dreamer. That's basic.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion