Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

The Chicken/Rooster Transformation

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

The Chicken/Rooster Transformation

Postby Periwinkle » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:41 pm

My dream took place toward the end of the summer. In the dream, I owned a pet pig called Misery (I'd watched a review for Stephen King's Misery a couple days ago). In light of the pleasant weather, I decided this day would be perfect for taking Misery out for a walk. I put on her harness and we stepped out into the city where the trains ran. On the way, we passed a group of performance artists. The leader of the group was dressed in a fuzzy, purple-speckled jumpsuit. When he saw me, he began to growl at me and follow me towards the station on all fours. He tried to get a rise out of me by asking me questions in a low, animalistic tone as we went.

When we got to the station, I brought Misery to where it was less crowded and asked the performance artist to stop talking for a moment. It wasn't that I was trying to be rude. It was just that, when I got a good look at Misery, I noticed she had a couple blemishes on her face. She had gotten into some glass, a couple days ago, and some of the shards had started to rise to the top. I needed to give her my full attention in order to get the shards out in a way that would be the least painful for her. The performance artist honored my request and looked on intently as I began extracting the shards from her face. When I was done, the performance artist dropped his act and began talking to me in his normal voice. He started to grow on me, a bit, and we spent the rest of the day, together, walking around the city.

After some unspecified amount of time had passed, we got to be more serious and I wanted to bring him to my house to show him to my family. I also wanted to change out of my regular clothes and into something nice for our date, later that evening. As I rummaged through my drawers, I could hear him and my mother talking about me outside my door. The performance artist said I was definitely the type that wanted to be treated like a princess. I thought his words were sweet. I had a very hard time choosing an outfit. One of the shirts I pulled from my drawers was bought brand-new and whoever rang it out forgot to remove the censor. I hovered the censor over the trash and somehow managed to remove it without getting any ink on the shirt. It did, however, get all over my hands.

On our date, I noticed my body was changing. I started to grow white feathers around my mid-section. When I pointed this out to the performance artist, he nonchalantly mentioned that he, himself, was turning into a rooster. I asked him why he wasn't freaking out and he told me he was okay with the transformation. For me, I worried the performance artist wouldn't love me as a chicken, but I had no doubt in my mind that I would still love him as a rooster. Over time, he started to develop golden feathers, a wattle (that red thing that dangles below a rooster's beak), and an upright comb (that red thing that stands upright on the top of the head of a rooster). He also developed a craving for insects. I tried to reassure myself that everything was okay as he and I looked for places online where we could order insects en masse.
My very own store:

http://www.zazzle.com:80/thedizzyowl

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Re: The Chicken/Rooster Transformation

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:53 am

Bump
My very own store:

Stop by and check out some of my sweet shirts, mugs, tote bags, etc, if you like.
Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Sheena » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Bump yourself. It is too long and presentation disorganized.
Seems some ambivalence regards gender: roles more than function or identity.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:27 pm

I usually don't bump. A spambot went apeshit and it brought all the previous posts to the bottom.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Gus Who » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:59 am

... but given that you bring this up... (Like misery is you pet peeve) ... As you say you don't BUMB (that much) ?? ... Summer dream... BUMB

...R you carrying too much pork into this new year...
Wii know that your purple passion is more street art (grunt :rawr: ) ... So is this your attempt to clean up the piggy bank hear as one of the guinea pigs...

With all that shatter glass ... Did you really think you can crystal ball it in time for a Ball with that Prince Charming your mom... ?? ... Now your makeover (new top, for that cover girl look... Chick-inn with ink fresh ink (pink nails) as the Prince get cocky...

:computer: chick it inn

BUMP BUMP BUMP...

:geek: this breakout is Chickenpox
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:10 pm

You asked for it by being arguementative defensive. Now you have Gus' chickenshit to deal with. Mazel tov.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Gus Who » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Malek don’t you think P-wink would see right through U?
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Periwinkle » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:17 pm

This dream is starting to feel like a premonition.

In regards to the attempted removal of the censor, in the dream: I'm currently becoming more romantically involved with an old classmate. We met when we were kids, but didn't start talking to each other until we were about 16/17 years-old. After that, he'd come in and out of my life. He re-appeared about 6 months ago and has been in my life, since. He also has a crazy ex-girlfriend who works in our town's shopping center. We had encountered her a couple times in the center, when he thought she wasn't working. It always devolved into the ex bursting into tears, asking to talk to him in private, and then asking me if I was dating him. I think she is under the impression that I somehow stole him from her, even though we hadn't reconnected until well after they were broken up. Anyway, the garment, in my dream, reminded me of the retail environment where I've seen her, in the past. Censors are attached to clothes with the purpose of preventing people from stealing. Even though I didn't steal the garment, I still had to deal with the consequences (getting the ink all over my hands). At least the garment was saved.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:14 pm

you took a pig for a walk ???

pfft ha ha ha ..
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Periwinkle » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 am

My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:22 pm

is that you ???
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby Periwinkle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:48 pm

Naw. That's a meme.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Gus Who » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:19 am

Sow... (if premo) how much of it plays inn ... YOUR W (things... ) as the stage is set.. and you seem to be somewhat on the ball...
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm

a meme ???

in plain english please ..
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Periwinkle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:06 pm

aussie_musician wrote:a meme ???

in plain english please ..

"an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users."

Gus Who wrote:Sow... (if premo) how much of it plays inn ... YOUR W (things... ) as the stage is set.. and you seem to be somewhat on the ball...

So far, things have lined up, starting with my change of perception towards Trent. I start to look at the scenario with Misery as being this symbolic of this transition. When Misery's face was blemished and full of glass, the street performer acted more animal than human and took everything as a joke. Only after the glass was removed did he "become" a man.

I already explained the situation with the censor. What does not make sense to me is the actual chicken/rooster transformation - probably because it hasn't happened, yet. The part of the dream where we're ordering insects vaguely reminds me of when Trent used to joke about us getting an apartment together. I also have this lingering anxiety over assimilating to my partner. With Trent, I want to be with him, but I also want my own identity.
My very own store:

Periwinkle
Outlander
Outlander

Postby Gus Who » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:41 pm

... well I recall ... (dreams) of yours about the cost /of marriage/ partner... and now it sounds like your the chicken!!

Like you’ve known each other for (how long?)... sow there is really no point in a long courtship. (Either he’s the one or not)

... as the Q goes... does this being prophetic weigh inn???? (So if you don’t move inn than you are a chicken ... as he roster inn
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm

so its a photographed reaction or response ..
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion