Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Driving on a Country Road with Andy Griffith

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Driving on a Country Road with Andy Griffith

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:22 pm

1 December 2017 Friday

Last night I dreamed that I was riding in the back seat of a car. I was sitting to the right, behind the passenger seat of the front. Andy Griffith, from Mayberry; was driving and we were going to visit someone. We knew each other but we were not ‘best friends’ We were driving casually down a country road, it was a pleasant drive. I recall that the road we were driving down had leaves on the road, mature oak trees to either side and the road curved gently as we drove. I told Andy that the road we were driving down looked like some of the roads I had seen at my cousin’s house in North Carolina (scene of Mayberry). But they did not look like the roads near their homes, I have not been to North Carolina in many years and the road we were driving down actually reminded me of a postcard or the scene from a movie.
I don’t recall having a conversation with Andy Griffith, he just agreed with everything I said, kept both hands on the wheel and drove straight ahead. I don’t even recall where we were going or who we were going to visit but I had the impression it was Gomer Pyle: Jim Nabors. He died recently, and it was on the news yesterday. Andy Griffith died several years ago as well.

After we rounded several curves through the woods, the road straightened and there was a large clearing to my right. I could see several buildings to my right. There were various levels of decay and one building was missing most of its roof and the white paint was peeling off. I told Andy Griffith that I had bought that property recently and I was in the process of restoring it. Then, I told him that I had purchased several properties along that road and pointed out the property lines as we passed.
What is most unusual is that the vision of the wood line and the decayed buildings is the same one I had 2-3 weeks ago. After I woke up I remembered having the same vision in a different dream. But the circumstances in each dream were different.

I don’t recall that happening very often.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Re: Driving on a Country Road with Andy Griffith

Postby raymond1234 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:23 pm

I think it is interesting that I had a dream about
famous people. I rarely have dreams that include
public figures and I don't recall having two of them
in the same dream.

I watched reruns of Andy Griffith when I was a kid and
I thought Gomer was a funny guy but I have never been
a rabid fan of their show and I have not thought of
the show in many years.

I wonder if the car was some kind of astral travel and
Andy Griffith who has been dead for several years, was
taking me on a journey to meet Gomer in the afterlife.

Andy was driving the car because he has been dead for
a while and he knew the way....lol

Perhaps the leaves on the road represent death or
transition and the curves represent our challenges in
life.

Maybe the buildings that I was going to restore
represent the restoration of life in the next world?

I know it is a bit of a stretch but that is the best I
can think of.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby raymond1234 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:34 pm

Any suggestions ?
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:02 pm

May ... berry well be tripping over the Pile as he went Gomer :lol: .... that is on that neighborly road...

:geek: WAT stood out was 'the property that you owned... ( :whoa: What does that mean too you... and Y point it out to the sheriff?)

:whistling: Country Road
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby raymond1234 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:05 pm

I just regarded it as a friendly conversation.

He was driving...........it was something to talk about.
raymond1234
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby Gus Who » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

:infinity: Focus... as you brought up ... the roof needed fixing ... country road ... and inn a Pyle...

Remember like his cousin Goober, Gomer provided comic relief, awestruck by the simplest of things, resulting in the exclamation of his catchphrases, "Shazam!", "Gawwww-leeeee", "Sur-prise, sur-prise, sur-prise!", and "shame, shame, shame!", as appropriate... to making poor choices

Think!!!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion