Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring dream of escape, multiple doors and excitement

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Recurring dream of escape, multiple doors and excitement

Postby Gracie555 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 am

Hello everybody,

I have these very vivd dreams that reoccur quite frequently (maybe around 3 - 6 times a year) that leave me with a strong feeling of excitement when I wake up. I feel attached to these dreams when I have them and I am often thinking about them quite a lot over the next few days.

The dream goes like this - I am in a situation where I am usually quite young, maybe 12 or 13, and I need to escape from a situation. The most recent one was last night, I was in a large city not unlike New York and trying to escape and find a place to stay for the night. I meet another girl the same age as me who I feel compelled to help. She is vulnerable and I am more of the leader. We are searching for a hostel or place to stay and going through various doors, through back streets and alleys, and having to leave places by climbing out of windows, etc. We know we need to stay out of somebody's way but it is not clear who or why. Two feelings are significant throughout this dream, the rush and excitement the escape gives me and the strong desire to stand up for somebody else and to protect them. I never get frustrated going through all these doors, escape routes, etc. It only makes me more determined to succeed.

Can somebody please tell me what these they can interpret from this? When I research it comes up with feelings of entrapment and anxiety which I don't feel in the dream. It's like I enjoy the challenge of the escape.
Gracie555
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring dream of escape, multiple doors and excitement

Postby Sheena » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 am

Doors and paths are choices. The idea that you can choose contributes surplus enjoyment.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Recurring dream of escape, multiple doors and excitement

Postby Varzandeh » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 pm

You were younger means you will make a mistake and will feel sorry.
Running away if not screaming means a happiness on the way.
Running away from someone means you will overcome him/her.
Going through several doors not locking any means an illness of you will cure in less than a month.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Return to General Dream Discussion