Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Cancer.. Took her from me.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Cancer.. Took her from me.

Postby supafly666 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:32 am

Hello, back to this website after a few years! My partner and I have just recently had a baby, a beautiful and healthy girl. But this dream was like it took place before she got pregnant.

My dream started off with my partner getting a letter to go to the doctors, she normally goes on her own but this time she had asked me to go with her. We go in and her doctor and she is told she has cancer and its at a very late stage and the doctor tells us he needs to send her to hospital now, as she only has a few hours left to live.

We get rushed to hospital, she gets into bed with me comforting her, and she is literally strapped up with lots of wires and all i could think of was how beautiful she is and that all this she still branded that same smile that made me fall in love with her.

Out of the blue all of mine and her family members came to the hospital to offer their help and support, comforting me and my partner.

When everyone had left, i remember sitting down and talking to her and saying that my life means nothing without her, and that i dont want to be alone. I then started talking about taking my own life so we could be together but she tells me to "stop being silly"

At this moment, i was woken up with our daughter stirring to be fed. then my partner made a joke about me not tucking her in properly. Realizing it was just a horrible dream i broke into tears.

I had read online that someone having cancer in a dream can be associated with the dreamer trying to get negativity out of their life? Can any one explain this dream and what it might mean please?
supafly666
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Cancer.. Took her from me.

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Consider underlying, uncathected anger and hostility toward this partner in the dream by eliminating her.
Dream imagery then highlights the dissatisfactions about this partner, criticism, perhaps perfectionism, and feeling alone while in relationship, and fears of personal inadequacy as the couple matures and partner's demands and needs expand. Also, seems to be a sense by the dreamer, perhaps unwilling to acknowledge consciously, that the child is all there is for togetherness in this troubled relationship.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby supafly666 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Hmmm thank you for your reply Sheena, i must say i wasn't really expecting the content of your reply. We do actually have a very happy relationship i do tend to have dreams where i have lost my partner but id have just assumed this was a fear of losing her not that i want her eliminated? :p
supafly666
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:52 pm

If you must resist that dream is about desire, that is non-normative, and why?
If you insist that dream reflects a fear, what is the source of threat?
if you discard whatever gives you unease, then why attend to dreaming?
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion