Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Quitting Trump Towers

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Quitting Trump Towers

Postby Fragile Skies » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:28 am

My first memorable dream in a while:

I was resigning from a job I hated, but had been in for a long time. It seemed to have been based in a large building with a fancy lobby, possibly Trump Towers. As I was leaving I felt like venting some frustration, and when I realised I could trash the lobby without hurting anyone, that's what I started to do. A friendly female co-worker was there and there was a sense of fun and freedom about being rebellious, a break from my normal character. I proceeded to smash some TVs and some marble panels in the lobby - this reminded me of a scene from The Matrix.

After this I dreamt that I was going to a pub regularly with an ex-colleague. He looked like the man on the cover of Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door (a CD I bought recently but am yet to listen to). I wasn't drinking alcohol, as I don't in real life, but he was and I was happy to be there discussing things. I remember thinking we had very different political views, but I could overlook this for the sake of friendship. At the end of the dream I was in a shop choosing a small present for my parents.

My thoughts:
I did recently quit a job to pursue a new career, maybe the first part is a reminder to keep moving forward? Or something political?
I feel the second part may relate to religion/spirituality, as these topics have been in mind recently - apparently a gift represents something difficult to express, which would fit here.

Any help interpreting would be much appreciated.
Fragile Skies
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Quitting Trump Towers

Postby Gus Who » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:16 am

... finally came to thee senses and went batty ... to the lobby... ist (enough is enough ... and 3 more years to go in this job is going to ...) so you become a rebel, to trash Trump Towers ... at such ground level ..

Then went to the ‘Bar’ too associate ... and listen too ... :cheers: Toast!
:whistling: okie dorky ... you need to pal around, to understand the spiritual (freedom side of not being bound down) side ... (spiritual goes to choices) of ... where you want too go with your life???
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Fragile Skies » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:08 am

Thanks Gus,

Yes, I probably have plenty thinking still to do...

Was that a Merle Haggard reference you sneaked-in there? :blockhead: :cheers:
Fragile Skies
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Gus Who » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 am

:whistling: Kind of... as in bar talk (spirituality :cheers: ) is loosening of / opening up... singing ... Ho-hum ... inn

Instead of the prevailing notes being heard ... with “Trump-it” and “ Hi ho, Hi ho... it’s off to war we go!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:14 pm

It is a shiny cramped unwelcoming lobby off the street. The escalator cuts thru the space in an awkward diagonal that impells you to go to the second level for the shops and salons. The entire design is to get you moving inward and upward.
Here the dreamer has intuited the significance of this dream:
Fragile Skies wrote: a break from my normal character.
underscored and repeated by the images of smashing televisions and other material commodities. Ask self if the job change was movement away from material attainment and toward intangibles, such as joy, meaning, service, etc.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Fragile Skies » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:10 pm

To be more open, for a change, it was from engineering to nursing.

Money was never my draw to engineering in the first place, but I did get used to the financial comfort.
Fragile Skies
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 am

Fits.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion