Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Knocking

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Knocking

Postby tsholder8 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:46 am

For the past few months there have been several nights were I will wake up hearing a loud knocking sound. Most of the time it seems like it is coming from inside my head, and I'm not really sure if I have actually heard anything at all. When I wake up to this noise I'm always highly alert, confused, and slightly scared. I always carefully check my front door and no one is there. It happens only in the dead of night when no one would normally knock on someone's door. This has never happened to me before until this year and when I moved into this place. I'm renting a room from my good friend. Does anyone have an idea of what this could mean?
tsholder8
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Knocking

Postby MJG » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:08 am

To be honest I had this as well, but after a while I found out that the noises were coming from my fridge. So first of all my question to you. Do you have a fridge in your room?

If not than it's about dreaming and knocking means your dream suggests that your subconscious is trying to attract your attention to some aspect of yourself or to some waking situation.

You can try to make the knocking work in your benefit, because every time you hear the knocking you seem to be self-conscious that you are dreaming. If you stay calm and try to stay in the dream by rubbing your hands or turning rounds (in the dream of course) than there's a possibility for you to start lucid dreaming by using the knocking sound as a trigger.
Last edited by MJG on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Varzandeh » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:30 am

Knocking at your door is a symbol that means someone will ask you something.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Postby Sheena » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 pm

jg's advise to look for environmental sources of the sound - not uncommon in buildings during change of season - is itself sound. i don't get the imposed nonsense about lucid dreaming.
Recognize that you are aware when the busy monkee-mind of consciousness is dormant in sleep, then the brain and unconscious mind tries to make sense of perceptions.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion