Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreamjournal 1: The opposite of jealousy

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dreamjournal 1: The opposite of jealousy

Postby MJG » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 am

Dear forum,

I'm Marcus and I'm new here and to be honest I'm very interested in the power, meaning and story of each dream. It keeps surprising me how creative my brain can be with each story and I think that's amazing, but I want to learn more from my dreams so that's why I started a dreamingjournal and that's where my first question appears.

Last night I was dreaming about sitting in a car and enjoying the ride through an amazing nature area. Like an amazing forrest with beautiful coniferous trees, muddy roads and a sunset that painted every plant in a single shade of green. Actually I was not driving that car - no idea who did - , but I was having a conversation with a totally strange lady at the other couch of the car. - The car had two couches in a opposite possition of each other. - During that conversation the point of view was switching several times between talking to the lady in the car and the nature shown from the sky to earth - like two scenes.- The thing in that conversation that was important to me was that she was telling me that she was living in such an area as well and instead of being jealous, which can be really usual to people, I was totally happy for her and that feeling was intense and really strong in this dream.

I had an opposite feeling of jealousy which I can't describe and that's mostly my question about: "Is there any word that can describe the opposite feeling of jealousy? A feeling where you are totally happy for someone else."

And if you people want to tell something about the dream feel free as well

:wave: MJG
Last edited by MJG on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: The opposite of jealousy

Postby Bethanym » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:11 am

Here is one way to put it: Dreamer is a jealous person and the dream is showing him how it feels like to be benevolent. i.e. an inner desire for change which may or may not be in progress.
Bethanym
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby MJG » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:45 am

Yeah that's a good way to put it and I think benevolent is a good translation of the behavior and feeling. Thnxs

:wave: MJG
MJG
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:17 am

Distinct from jealousy are differentiated, compassion, empathy, separateness, acceptance, limits to desire, humility.
Recommend you put aside thinking by 'opposites'.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Fragile Skies » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:38 pm

MJG wrote:I had an opposite feeling of jealousy which I can't describe and that's mostly my question about: "Is there any word that can describe the opposite feeling of jealousy? A feeling where you are totally happy for someone else."

Love?
Fragile Skies
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Batman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:54 am

....“ bonded” with her ( :hugs: HEAR)
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby Sheena » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:14 am

gi is profound!
In terms of sin, jealousy is covet, opposite of which is generous gift exchange.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion