Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Aku Aku Dream

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Aku Aku Dream

Postby Valetiana616 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:03 am

[url][/url]I'm really at lost here people, I just had a dream which was more like a nightmare to be honest about the day of the dead or something like that which I believe was called Aku. The dream is a bit complicated so I'm not going to recall everything because the part that struck me the most was that when you say Aku Aku to someone it will reveal if they're a spirit or not. Let's just say that the dream me seemed to be the only person with that knowledge and repeated it about 100 times, also may be worth mentioning that most of the spirits in my dream were malicious and apparently wanted to kill human beings but ignored me, I mean they kinda followed me I guess but at the same time ignored me, like they didn't seem so keen on harming me. Can anyone help me interpret what it means?.
Valetiana616
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Aku Aku Dream

Postby Sheena » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Aku is the name for the personification of evil in the philosophical cartoon Samurai Jack.
Last edited by Sheena on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby shift1085 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Correction: It's Samurai Jack.

Speaking of Aku, I had this really weird dream once that I trapped him in this mason jar, and he wanted out so we got into an insult war. Eventually I got so exasperated with him that I snapped, "Shut up Aku! Get back in your jar." and closed the lid on him. :lol: But I digress.

I'm not too familiar with Day of the Dead since I don't celebrate it personally, so you'll have to fill me in on the details. There's a connection with the title of the Holiday and the action of the malicious spirits in the dream- killing and death. Aku is a personification of evil, like Sheena said, so it's as though you were saying "Evil evil!" to try and get them to reveal their hidden nature. Almost reminds me of an exorcism. Because it was the title of the holiday, then here we have Death = Evil. Repeating the name so many times seems excessive; was it because you had to do this individually for each person you met? That's still a lot of Akus. Not sure what to do with the whole 'being the one immune human' thing yet, but we'll figure it out eventually. :)
~Shift~ :apple:
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:12 am

Yep, it is easy to binge watch that show. Unless you are taking notes.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby shift1085 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 am

Plus the theme song is catchy. Gets stuck in my head for days at a time.
~Shift~ :apple:
shift1085
Dream Moods Queen 2010
Dream Moods Queen 2010

Postby Valetiana616 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:14 pm

I've never watched that show so I can't really add anything about that but yeah I basically repeated it every time I met a person from which I got this "vibe" from.
Valetiana616
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Valetiana616 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Interestingly enough, in that show called Crash Bandi Coot I think, Aku Aku is a protector or something that shows up every time the world needs to be saved ://crashbandicoot.wikia.com.
Valetiana616
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Now, with the POV of the dreamer this resolves as agoraphobic dreaming. But as most dreams are situation triggered, the opportunity for the dreamer is to identify the context in which threat and distrust are most featured now.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion