Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

The world is covered by ocean and I have a sugar daddy...

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

The world is covered by ocean and I have a sugar daddy...

Postby LittleLover » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:36 pm

I had this very sci-fi like dream last night. In the dream was a really shabby red/brown tin ship/airplane (it could go on water but also had wings) which I owned and the entire world was covered with ocean, no land at all. I can't swim and have a phobia of the ocean but it didn't seem to bother me in the dream. On the ship with me was another woman and her little girl. Suddenly, this whale came up out of the water and tried to eat my ship :shock: . Then I was no longer a person on the ship, but I was more of a God-like figure because I got an overview of the sea and grabbed the whale, forcing it's mouth closed long enough for the ship to get away. Then I realized that it wasn't a whale, it was a massive dolphin... :? The massive dolphin went away but the ship was severely damaged. The woman started to panic and I told her that I'd save her little girl. I picked the girl up, ran with her up through a hatch and into what I saw as a Cryogenic chamber that would freeze her and keep her alive (there was a bookshelf outside it too btw). Weirdly, the girl turned into an adorable new-born baby with really deep brown eyes :heartpump: and I strapped her carefully into the chamber (she felt so delicate and realistic). I said to her "Don't let anyone take you out of here...unless they seem really nice." :?

Then I skipped to about 10 years in the future and , although I hadn't aged, the ship was repaired. Now with me on the ship was this guy who I'm pretty sure I saw in some movie about Vikings ages ago. He must have been about 30 years older than me (sugar daddy?) , but I think we were lovers. The mother of the little girl from before came onto my ship (she was older) and I was surprised because I thought she had died. She looked sad and said "Don't show me my daughter, I know she'd dead." Then I told her that she was wrong, her baby was fine, and she was overjoyed. I went and got the baby out of the cryogenic chamber and gave her back to her mother.

Next, I was in the ship's bathroom that looked just like my old house's bathroom (often appears in bad dreams), standing in front of the mirror with the older man and he was showing me this little green cross tattoo on his neck and telling me how he got it. Suddenly, I heard some commotion coming from outside and the mother woman ran in telling us that some men were here looking for her baby and I had to protect her. I told her to put her baby back in the chamber and I'd get in the bathtub with the older man to distract them :lol: . So me and my sugar daddy sat in the bathtub naked, waiting for the men to come in...but they didn't :banghead: . I got out of the tub and ran over to the room that the cryogenic chamber was in, not caring that I was naked, to find that the baby had turned into a teenage girl (knew it was her because of her brown eyes) and was talking to the same blonde dude that I keep dreaming about (mentioned in my nightmare about torture post). I got the idea that he was the head of the mafia, who apparently controlled the ocean and wanted the girl because she had some kind of super power.

I took the girl by the hand, pulling her away from the man, and told him that she wasn't who he was looking for. He didn't believe me, took her back and gave her to his men to take away :( . Then he went to take a look at the bookshelf that was also in the room and grabbed a bunch of fairy-tale/children's books, saying he wanted them. I told him he couldn't have them and grabbed them back from him. We then proceeded to fight over the books and he won. Then he turned his head, distracted by his men for some reason, and I sneakily grabbed one small white book back and hid it :whistling: . Then he told me he was going to take me with him too and grabbed me.

The dream ended with me being tied up on the deck of another ship (fully clothed) before I sweet-talked another mafia dude into letting me go so I could rescue the girl.
LittleLover
Dream Child
Dream Child

Re: The world is covered by ocean and I have a sugar daddy..

Postby Sheena » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:24 pm

First, a yearning for enclosure as security. Womb-like, and a baby comes out of it. This is the dreamer's image of worthy self. Dreamer makes a bargain with self as if she could guarantee ease and comfort with others during growth: more wish. By casting this yearning for security in a picture of victimization, it begins to look like grief, need to recover from a trauma, but that hard work elided with this focus on fantasy.
There is an image of a powerful all-nurturing father paired with a rejecting mother. Dreamer would do well to ask self if her self-hatred extends to gender? As both succor figure are seen as able to nurture and only gender differentiates them. Bathtub episode suggests that dreamer derives power from sex. But we still don't have the needed recovery of self-worth.
Dream proceeds as most do, redundantly for emphasis. Dreamer enacts victim state, resists growth process - which notably happens without her, as it does. As she loses childhood, symbolized by the books, dreamer's only concept is to retain infantile innocence. Until dreamer perceives or admits that normal parts of everyone's and her own childhood are painful and feels it, this two-sided prototypical victim fantasy and avoidance of feelings will be an encapsulation, a place of stuckness.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby LittleLover » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:05 am

Thanks so much, it helps a lot. In regards to the hatred for gender, my dad has always neglected me (never said he loved me before, never hugged me etc.) emotionally, he gives me money and security but that's about it, so I suppose it's not surprising that I'm obsessed with finding a man to love me, but have issues letting them in because I just think they'll turn out like my father. Also, my family are kinda traditional, my mum does the cooking, cleaning etc, and my dad does work, so now that I have to go and find work myself, I find it very hard because they never brought me up like that, I'm used to having someone look after me, as lazy as that sounds.
LittleLover
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 am

Just a thought. Latest comment suggests you are held back as much or more by the relationship with mother as the dissatisfying but over-indulgent one with father.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby LittleLover » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Yeah, pretty much. I don't think I'll ever know what it means to have a healthy relationship :lol: .
LittleLover
Dream Child
Dream Child

Postby Sheena » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:23 pm

You will always tend to redo that triangle, but you can be aware of it and differentiate such automatic reactions from what is real in a present relationship. Or you can, as you state, make under-functioning the way you connect, marry an alcoholic and always have drama and intensity that you can dine out on.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion