Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Any insight behind a transformation dream?

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Any insight behind a transformation dream?

Postby Flo3340 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:00 pm

I was walking through the square of my home town, which I have not lived in for over a decade now. The square was always the hub our town, a historical and old place, and a huge art exhibition was going on. Saw all kinds of old friends around me and greeted them and smiled. It was pleasant. Then I found a necklace on display...

It was a heart pendant, made of unpolished yellow turquoise stone, with a thick leaf filigree made of white marble wrapping around it. It had a flexible, wide piece of rusty metal that was used as the necklace, and it had been painted over in matching colors of the stone with a 1960's/70's leafy/floral design. The rusty clasp was plain to see, but it worked really well. It gave a charm, a certain character to the necklace. While the necklace itself was cheaply made, the pendant was authentic and truly artful.

I bought it and put it around my neck. Many people it complimented it. There were several who wanted to touch it and so I found I was always having to take it off to let people look at it. Each person interested had wonderful compliments to give and said it made me look beautiful, healthy, happier. They were all people from my past that I was close too, still care about or still talk to on occasion.

I walked inside one of the old shops on the square where lots of people looking were at an exhibit themed around coffee, when I felt tired and had to sit down in a chair. I didn't recognize over 50% of the people in this shop, which was surprising to me... I knew everyone in my small town. I noticed I wasn't breathing very well. A woman I have known for years, almost like a second mother or close aunt, walked up and greeted me and asked to look at the necklace. I took it off and let her see it.

It was then that I noticed the white marble around the heart pendant had green veins running through it... they were almost glowing. Very shiny and bright. I could hear that the heart was beating, but the woman didn't seem notice. Where ever it touched her skin as she held it, I saw a golden-orange glow remain. Then, I saw that the people in the room I did recognize were all people who had touched the pendant as well, each one glowing wherever their skin had made contact with the pendant. As she handed it back to me, the same began happening to me. I thought, "What is going on?" And I couldn't breathe anymore, but I wasn't scared.

My hands and feet began to swell. My fingernails and toenails turned white and a warm, tingling sensation began to spread over me, originating from the golden-orange glowing spots on my skin. My head got too heavy to hold up and it dropped towards my lap... my eyes blinked a few times and then I went under, peacefully, without a fight.

I woke up... and I was green.

I was scaley, swollen and dark green. Half human, half reptile. I remember thinking, "How odd is this?" Everyone who had touched my pendant had also undergone the transformation. We were all standing around looking at each other, like what happened? And even though we were bloated, weird looking human-lizard people, we were all smiling and ok with it. We walked around and admired everyone's different patterned scales and shades of green. (Green is my favorite color.)

The ones that hadn't touched the necklace were backing away from us in fear. Suddenly, I noticed the room was divided into certain groups of people... Everyone was clinging in fear to those around them, but only those of the same skin color.

No one could leave the little shop. We were locked in. So we all huddled together in our own little groups, forced to have to look at each other and try to figure out what happened.

The black people blamed the stone my pendant was made from. The white people blamed the color of my pendant. The Hispanic people blamed the rust on the chain. The Asian people blamed the poor paint job used to cover the rust. The only thing they had in common was thinking that the green people like me were a threat.

All the while, myself and everyone that was green didn't see how it was bad at all. We didn't hurt. We felt fine. We weren't dead, we were just different and all I wanted was to let everyone else touch the pendant too, but no one wanted to after they saw the changes it made. So, I sat in that little shop with all the other green people in a corner and watched as the others fought about my necklace and planned a way to break it.

In one heated debate between the white people and the black people, a white woman grabbed a coffee cup made of dark blue, milky glass from an art display behind her and hurled it at a black man's head. I watched as it shattered against the side of his skull, but he didn't bleed or flinch. I knew what these people where doing to themselves was wrong. I pitied them all, but at the same time, I didn't feel like I was better than them... simply more enlightened than them.

Then, suddenly, they all stopped bickering and fighting and rose as one, slowly moving towards me like a giant, multicultural army towards my little corner of the shop to take away my pendant.

I wasn't scared.

Through the entire dream, I never once felt fear. I smiled at them and I could feel the pendant glowing on my neck. I stood up to meet them head-on with true laughter bubbling out from my lips.

And that's when I woke up.

I'm pretty good with interpreting my own dreams, but I wonder what insights others might have on this. It's a lot to take in.
Flo3340
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Any insight behind a transformation dream?

Postby Sheena » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:50 pm

If you emphasize the metamorphosis into reptile, suggests concern about basic survival factors, absent reasoning planning problem solving and uninformed by emotions. It could be OPFC awareness of brain stem.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion