Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Recurring dream set in future

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Recurring dream set in future

Postby bubblegumbear » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:32 pm

I have had this dream three times now, although the third time I had the dream the beginning was different.

Different beginning of dream dreamt third time
I was living in a vast mansion far out in the wilderness with Jodie Foster and her two children from a previous relationship.(I don't know why Jodie Foster, to the best of my knowledge I'm not gay.) We had not long moved in, there were lots of renovations going on, and the sound of laughter and many children running and playing about the house. I was playing music which echoed around the vast mansion when Jodie's ex came round and began to make a nuisance of herself. Having finally managed to get rid of her without having to resort to calling the police, I suggested that I took Jodie and the children out to dinner, seeing that she was still upset and shaken. We took the car to the train station and while we were waiting for the train some annoying guy came up to me and started to monopolise my time so much so that the train left without me.
I chased it in the car and after a short while it stopped but when I climbed aboard I found that Jodie and the children were not on the train. Upset and alarmed, I returned home.

From this point, the dream is exactly the same as the last two times I dreamt it
It was some time in the future, and global warming, war. environmental catastrophes, greed, human poverty, ignorance, pollution, chemical pesticides and fertilizers and overpopulation had resulted in a planet no longer healthy and habitable for all species - many of whom had died out in the sixth extinction as a direct result of humanity's impact, neglect, greed, stupidity, as past generations had not been good caretakers of the planet.
Being wealthy I had acquired the large mansion and a great deal of land which I had endeavoured to turn into a nature reserve in which I hoped to save the last few giraffes and elephants, and various other creatures that were now threatened with extinction.
Pulling up outside the house in my car, I walked around the side to the back of the house, stopping to pet and fuss over a family of giraffes and elephants which came to greet me.
The back of the house was somewhat dilapidated and under repair. I entered a large conservatory like area which had a few broken window panes. Taking off my shoes,I descended the steps into the water. This entire section of the house was now a giant tank in which I was attempting to recreate a marine ecosystem in order to save various sea creatures. I turned on some music, and it echoed eerily around me.
The water was warm and as I submerged I became aware of various young people also able to breathe underwater without scuba gear who were wearing some kind of science-fiction headgear which allowed them to communicate with the whales, dolphins and various other sea creatures there.
A Humpback whale that I was very fond of came to greet me. He told me how much he had missed me and thanked me for my help.
I suddenly felt very sad and began to cry, telling him it was the least that I could do after humanity had practically destroyed the planet and made it uninhabitable for many species and entire ecosystems. "In a few generations, surely my descendants will listen to stories of giraffes and elephants and blue whales and believe them to be mythical creatures like unicorns or fairies, figments of an overactive imagination." I say to him, "how can you possibly forgive us for what we have done?"
To this he rolls in the water until one of his eyes is able to look up past the surface of the water, beyond the conservatory roof, up to the night sky filled with stars.
"There are many worlds and dimensions, planes of existence," he reminds me,"This is my plane of existence, you land creatures inhabit another, Birds inhabit another, and then there is another high above where the stars reside. Whereas I will only ever know this plane, you have access to my plane and many others it seems, But ultimately all the material needed or required for our mutual existence came from far far away out there." With this he indicated towards the stars. "Perhaps the material for the molecules In your right hand came from the same dwarf star which exploded which also provided the material necessary to make the molecules in my tailfin. We are all connected."
Just then one of the youngsters swam frantically towards us. "They found us, they're pulling the plug." She said.
The water and all the sea creatures within it began to recede as they were sucked down the plug hole into the bowels of the earth never to be seen again. I managed to grab ahold Of the staircase banister just in time to avoid being sucked down with them and could only watch with horror and sorrow as I lost my dear friends forever.

I always wake up at this point.

As I said, the Jodie Foster bit at the beginning seems to be a new addition, I don't remember that part of it from the first two times I dreamed this. It's almost as if my mind has created some kind of back story for some reason to explain how and why I'm there in the first place.
Although the central theme appears to be abandonment and loss, I am aware that often things are the opposite of what they seem in dreams, and unless this is a warning of a coming death, Financial loss or some such thing in the family yet to happen, I cannot account for why I am dreaming of such things at this time.
I would be very grateful for any help in deciphering this dream.
bubblegumbear
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Recurring dream set in future

Postby Gus Who » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Jodie Foster - she probably is playing her 'Contact character' as a time traveler

Falls in to ... end of world theme... (dreams)

I take it that you stand with nature... and are an environmentalist as this world is all coming to an end... (new era)
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby bubblegumbear » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:45 am

I don't think of myself as an environmentalist, but I do love wildlife, and feel sad that our grandchildren / great grandchildren and future generations might inherit a world damaged beyond all repair by the greed, ignorance or poverty of its present caretakers if we're not careful.
I don't believe the world will end (certainly not in my lifetime) unless we give too much power to religious groups or idiot politicians bent on pressing the nuclear button, so I'm not sure why those "end of the world" connotations are there.
bubblegumbear
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Gus Who » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:44 am

It goes to 'new world order' (spirituality speaking) as a new era ushers inn (flushes in :neer: )

:geek: given that I consider myself one of these kind of dingbats that see different realms and plains (as your dream speaks of) what is your belief?

If you did some research, you would understand that 'God' places such dreams on people to speak... / write or act..
(Though I like to think ACT REASONABLE) ... well getting into religion ... biblically speaking ...

... basically saying in this end time dreams come to everyone regardless of personal beliefs...
This dream falls into this 'end time' category

I am trying to recall Jodie Foster's character in Contact (movie) was she an atheist?
Who is Jodie Foster to you ... why Jodie Foster ?? (Your not gay) is Jodie Foster gay IRL?
She probably take on such a role in this dream...
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby bubblegumbear » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:31 am

I think that Jodie Foster is gay, not sure what her character's beliefs were in Contact film, I'd have to try to find a copy. I am predominantly an atheist or more accurately an anti-theist.
I'm only an armchair physicist - so my knowledge of different plains / dimensions is naturally limited, although I accept the premise as far as my limited understanding will let me based on the evidence / hypothesis as put forward by greater minds more knowledgable on the subject who have proposed it. As far as the dream goes - these are very basic and self explanatory - or so it seemed whilst dreaming them. (realm of sea / land / sky / space) No complicated alternate dimensions or parallel universes or other more complicated ideas.
My mother seems to believe that on 23rd September (my birthday) that there will be an eclipse followed by 3 days of darkness and that we are to be pummeled with debris surrounding Nebiru (like Saturns rings) as it passes. (We had this conversation only a few hours ago) She reckons NASA /United nations know this but have left it up to individual countries to warn their population, and so far only Russia China, Poland and a few others have bothered to do so as they are hoping that many will die and solve the "overpopulation" problem.
Not sure how much of this is truth or conspiracy theory (don't have tv) and since we just had this conversation an hour or so ago - can't pretend it could have had any bearing on why I dreamed this dream in the first place.
Also cannot account for being able to breathe underwater without scuba gear or talk telepathically without the use of one of the sci-fi type headgear that others were using. I do seem to remember that sea creatures such as dolphins whales are perhaps not a good omen, that water represents either the emotional / psychological or is a pun for the multitudes such as in the bible.

A herd of elephants (if memory serves) is a big surprise. Giraffe's usually a dream pun to look at the BIG picture.
Music I seem to remember is a favourable omen but cannot as with animals / marine life pinpoint the specifics of what the symbols mean. I saw rays and various species of fish also (perhaps a throwback to another dream - "giant flying alien manta ray creatures" that I posted back in July and got some pretty awesome feedback from yourself, sealchan, and Superman1)
My instincts tell me however that this is NOT some kind of predictive dream - like I had with the cat (wish i could remember title of that now but was under different username and subsequently forgot username password so had to create new account) Presumably if we have a catastophic event involving Nibiru on my birthday as predicted by my mother and conspiracy theorists then I will stand corrected, but I remain stunningly unconcerned and no alarm bells are going off - so at the risk of getting egg on my face - if I have to put my money on a horse - that's not the one I would back. I think this is about something else, I'm just not sure what.
bubblegumbear
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby bubblegumbear » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 am

Found prophetic dream which predicted the cat losing his eye in a fight with the ginger tom (Tiger in my dream) and his subsequent death - he was run over shortly after recovering from the operation to have his eye removed.
It's under title - Tiger attack
username - skop4yhvh
last reply - Thursday October 6th 2016 at 5:47am by Superman1
currently pg 58.
bubblegumbear
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Gus Who » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:08 pm

I recall her (Jodie Foster's) character in the movie to be as you describe yourself ... therefore a partner character in this kind of theme in which the drain is pulled... as underwater talk goes ( holding your breath )

You know the giraffe is stretching his neck out just to Toy around with you ... and an elephant that hears a WHO? Horton Houston comes to mind... :whoa:

You might need to Star Treck back in time.. The Voyage Home (1986) To save Earth from an alien probe, with Admiral James T. Kirk and his fugitive crew who go back in time to San Francisco in 1986 to retrieve the only beings who can communicate with it: humpback whales. (Bubblegumbear character here)

As your the only one that seems to be able to have such ability... though if you go in the early 80's ... you can look me up as I went to USF ... and maybe cheer me on to graduate in this kind of looney tune crowd :neer:

Scooby Doo Gang tends to know this scuba language (bubble lingo)... as batty inn goes and tripping out!
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby bubblegumbear » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:02 am

Re: holding our breath - we weren't! We had gills like kevin Costner in Waterworld and were breathing underwater like fish / other marine creatures.
Not sure what you mean by the giraffe toying with me or the elephant that hears a who (confused) They are 2 of my favourite animals so perhaps thats why they make an appearance, but wonder what they represent symbolically.
I get the star trek reference and as a sci-fi fan can totally see how my brain might have kicked up a humpback whale from the depths as a result of that connection.
Not sure if i was the ONLY one that could communicate telepathically with them, although there were a number of youngsters who were wearing some kind of headset that allowed them to do the same. A mutation perhaps like the gills?
And don't understand Scooby Doo gang reference either - no scuba gear and no idea why there would be an association with scuba gear and Scooby Doo.
Does anyone have anything that might clarify?
bubblegumbear
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Scooby Doo and Batman

Postby Batman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Scooby Doo Gang... From my Bat computer :computer: Brainiac Velma, jock Fred, fashionista Daphne, hippie Shaggy, and Shaggy's highstrung, talking Great Dane, Scooby-Doo, climb into their green van, the Mystery Machine, and hit the road in search of weird phenomena to solve. And even when Scooby and the gang aren't actively searching for them, mysteries just have a way of falling into their laps.

Underwater tend to go to "depth" in spiritual knowledge ...

Horton hears a Who (by Dr. Seuss)
Elephant (big EARS) giraffe (long NECK out in space)
Houston ( :geek: NASA - Space Talk ... )

See ... Star Treck - The Voyage Home ... to get this ... WHALE tale dream (Think of the alien PROBE as the thing that can "Flush everything away" ) Spirituallity speaking as you are Jodi Foster in 'Contact' movie
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby bubblegumbear » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 am

Ok I just sat and watched "the voyage home" since it's been at least a decade or something if not longer.
So who or what pulled the plug which flushed everything away and why? in the voyage home it equates to alien probe...where does that fit in here?
Are we trying to make a tentative connection between the humpback looking up to stars and aliens communicating with an earth lifeform? (in the voyage home aliens with humpback whales, and in Contact between Aliens and Jodie Foster) due to a common theme presumably?
Am not a contactee or abductee to the best of my knowledge and it seems unlikely that they would bother with me if in fact they do exist and are here. Can't have children so no point in them trying to implant hybrid, Not in position of power or authority for them to attempt to use control or manipulate, and I have no particular agenda to push, nor ambitions of social climbing or aspirations of political manoeuvering - although I'd find it intriguing to work as an ambassador if they specifically asked for me (wouldn't that be an interesting albeit unlikely job?) The alternative - presumably the nut house in a nice comfy cuddle jacket when or if I'm daft enough to tell folk I was abducted by or am in contact with aliens... I doubt anyone would believe me anyhow unless there was disclosure.
And as I recall Jodie Foster in Contact didn't go anywhere - it was one of those things where in a few seconds of time she had an "experience" which might have been a hallucination, but the suggestion obviously is that whoever sent the blueprints to build the thing we then built - did so in order to communicate with us - and that communication was apparently the message of the "experience". I have to say - i didn't think it was a particularly good film, which is why I've never bothered watching it again.
Errrr....... so why the hell am I dreaming about stuff which has alien / space / sci-fi themes in it and why? To tell me that we are all star stuff? All connected. Spiritually or on a spiritual level that's something I've always intuitively believed, or some abstract version of this - so no special reason why I would have a recurring dream along those lines and if I did - why not at age 20 or 30 or 40 as opposed to 46? (now). Again the question seems to be - why am i dreaming about this NOW? What possible significance or relevance does it have to my life right now. I see none...and whilst I think in a universe this size it is unlikely the only sentient lifeforms are on this planet, I'm hardly a hardcore ufo geek. I don't reject the premise, but prefer to wait for evidence.
Whilst I think perhaps you may be right about where my mind has taken symbols from - The voyage home / Contact - I still have no idea why those films (especially contact unless simply to reinforce the idea of a message.) But if the "message" is not something profound but something I've always accepted as being intuitively obvious as "The sky is blue" or "the grass is green" )then I fail to see the point. Surely by definition - an alien message won't be something you already know / recognize / believe / or have already conceived of - even on a very basic or abstract level. Being an alien message I would be expecting something entirely different, something profound, at the very least something new that I had never conceived of before.
Unless of course the true message is that all so called truths / messages given by aliens are mind numbingly mundane, obvious and disappointing lol.
In short it is highly unlikely that the alien contact scenario is meant to be taken in a literal sense, so what is the alternative?
Should I expect an important message in the mail or an important phonecall from someone I don't know?
Trying hard to make sense of this, but it's just making my head hurt grrrrr........
bubblegumbear
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Gus Who » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Well Jodie and the kids caught the "Train of Thought" ... where your belief in 'Contact' as 86 goes ... too Hump-backing (time travel / astral plane ... prior too 86 and those 'Whale Tales' that have now become .. Atheistic in your view... ( extinct ) ... as the Father figure in 'Contact' (Movie) and the alien Probe (largest mammal :whistling: communicating ... from here too... HEAR) as a few seconds is all it should take to become a looney tune member :neer: in this spiritual water Wii call 'SPACE'

That is until your reality ... Flushes this all away!

The dream says ... you miss the Train.(You might want to skip to the point where Jodie talks with the universal Father about such communication before the 'ball drops' ...
go ahead testify before the US government to such a whale tale... they take the same view ... Anti-God
1st Probe your mind... and if asked to being contacted... Please answer truthfully!

... as I said the Bible says such dreams come to whoever...
17 “‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.

:whistling: I take it that you are an animal in Noah's Ark when the flood goes down the drain hear!

Flushing such Whale Tale away...

.. If you live near Oklahoma Area... be prepare for an Fracking 7.4 earthquake that shakes the entire country... in looney tune with the Trump/North Korea ... Flush sound :whistling:
Gus Who
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Re: Recurring dream of my future

Postby Superman1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 pm

If I'm wrong anywhere feel free to correct this second opinion, or ask if you want any clarifications.
The third time you had the dream the beginning was different might mean a change you want to make, like a new beginning.

MISSED DESTINATION
Jodie Foster's 'Contact character' does makes sense, and might also mean your relationship with your feminine side or previous self and what it gave birth to. Jodie Foster is also a strong woman, an individual, and one of the best female actors.
Maybe your idea of a bigger life is in the wilderness at the moment, if you want to renovate your life, with laughter and new growth. But maybe your past self made a nuisance to the music of your life, that might be like joy, harmony, order, or creativity. Music plays to the heart, really. That seems opposite to being upset and shaken which Jodie's side was.
So maybe you got annoyed that your masculine side - which Jodie can really mean going toward - was taking over so you missed the track to your destination I suppose, which can be to do with others or the world, being a train. This side might takeover your feminine qualities such as emotion and connection, a theme I seem to remember from your last dream though you may have wanted that. So Jodie could also mean attraction to those feminine qualities.
You try to catch up, but these parts are not aboard.

POTENTIAL DISASTER
It looks like that not going where you wanted in the world which upset and alarmed you could cause all-round disaster in future.
A world you wouldn't want to live in or couldn't, very unhealthy, due to the past generation.
But you see wealth, and endeavour to turn your great deal of space or territory into your natural self, which might avert the disaster.
You'd save your higher view which gives perspective, or seeing above things, and maybe be in a herd - which might be huge or the biggest thing, or needing power and unstoppability, or whatever an elephant may mean - and save other parts of you threatened with ending.
Family or such relationships seems important, but was at the back as if unseen or not in the world. This area was under repair, and with a good view to the outside, but also very private, letting in a lot of natural warmth and light, for growth maybe of what needed conserving.

SUBMERGED
But some of this view was broken, and perhaps before you could progress, you needed to descend into the emotion here. Ha, now this area of the house was a marine park. Which can still mean trying to save yourself, but in the emotional area and what it contains or gives life to. You played music again, which might be like wanting the natural self taking over, but was eerie.
But it was warm, and as you went deeper maybe you could breathe new life into this area, or breathe in these emotions, as you connect with your deeper side, the harmonious parts, one which also was the biggest but of water - the whale. And both dolphins and whales communicate a lot, which might have been on your mind. But maybe communicating at this deeper, even Spiritual level which those animals are often seen as, almost like our kin.
The sci-fi headgear must represent this new future thinking or ability.
The humpback might carry your burden of the past, but obviously was an aspect you missed that you were fond of and grateful for.
This seemed to bring out your sadness. So it seems that maybe you think humanity had caused this disaster for you, or could, making it difficult for you to live in harmony or joy with it. And yes of course giraffes, as well as elephants, are the gentlest of creatures usually too, like the undersea giants. And very intelligent perhaps most of all. So perhaps it's that which you fear may become a myth or not exist, in future.

FORGIVENESS
So perhaps this deeply intelligent side of you, your biggest side, finds this hard to forgive, which maybe you must to move on, and that may explain the renovations. I also just realized the mansion also means this biggest aspect, and it's vast surrounding area.
This viewpoint probably allows you to look up past the surface and beyond, and realize there are many levels in you, from the depth here, to the reality of the outside world, then perhaps the potential freedom above that, and even beyond that the highest of man's aspirations, another world of existence which we view yet as mostly darkness with the promise of pin points of light - the Spiritual level.
And it's possible for you to access them all, or this is one's potential.
And yes our Source seems way, way out there, in humanity's greatest irony. But all are made of the same thing, or we all are connected. You can't be separate no matter how it seems. That is probably point of the ultimate or highest level: unity. Like music gives in its universal language.

REALITY
But alas reality pulled the plug for this was yet the ideal to make real and your friend. Or the way it is took over. "They found us, they're pulling the plug."
But you held on to this aspiration so you weren't sucked down the opposite way, to the horror and sorrow opposite the music and laughter at the start.

===================
DIFFERENT BEGINNING
So the beginning or prelude seems to be the optimistic new beginning you want, coupled with what is in its way from the past; yes, your back story. Whereas the two times before was just the pessimistic reality.
A rare moving and very deep dream.
Superman1
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Sheena » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Don't be John Hinkley. Don't shoot the president.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion