Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Reoccurring Wound in Multiple Dreams

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Reoccurring Wound in Multiple Dreams

Postby RougeSon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:31 am

Over the last eight or nine nights I have had four dreams where in them I have sustained an injury on my hand with no explanation or cause as to why or how it happens. These dreams don't share any similar "story" (if you will) to them; in that they are different dreams. In one of these dreams I had protected my friend from a huge wild dog (but it never attacked me or them, it just paced around us and then left). In another, I was spending a day with my girlfriend in the city. The most recent one is hard to remember all of it, but I know that I didn't get in any fights or have something extreme happen to cause this same wound to appear. The wound always shows up at the middle of the dream and stretches over most of my right thumb. I don't feel like I notice it because of pain, it just appears and at some point in these dreams there is a moment when I notice it in a lot of detail. The wound is old enough that it has begun to scab over but is still a very dark color of red and runs bloody a little still.

Any ideas on what this might mean?
RougeSon
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Reoccurring Wound in Multiple Dreams

Postby Sheena » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Injured hand or hidden hand means guilt.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby Athanor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Although in order to provide a more accurate interpretation it would usually be best to have some additional general background information about you, it’s safe to say that a recurring image in a dream is trying to point out an important issue that should be looked at more carefully.

In one of the dreams, a huge wild dog threatened you and a friend, and a wound somehow materialized on your hand.

Again, it’s safe to say that animals in dreams somehow symbolize the dreamer’s overall way of handling natural instinctive emotions, vague feelings, intuitions and even cold thoughts and actions that are sometimes needed to defend ourselves in certain situations (just like a quiet mother bear etc. will suddenly turn very savage if her cubs are in danger).

If the dog was somehow “angry” with you, it’s likely that you somehow did something about eight or nine days ago which was kind of “beyond the pale” in some way as far as handling your instinctive side goes.

Since in another dream you were with your girlfriend, it’s possible that this could be confirming that the issue is linked to your natural emotional and values side which has apparently been “wounded” in some way.

The “right” side in a dream most often relates to the outer world of conscious activity.

A hand also usually represents interaction with others.

A thumb in humans is opposable, meaning that it can touch the other digits of the hand. This ability has been seen as the very earliest beginning of the “civilizing” process of development in human beings since it allowed for the ever-increasing use of tools which over time has led to our current technological society.

On analogy, if your right thumb is being shown as “injured”, then it’s possible that, just before this group of dreams appeared, you maybe did something which harmed your “civilized” side too much.

The best way to find out the personal meaning of your dream would be to think back to about the time these dreams started. Then concentrate on the image of your injured thumb in the latest dream and see what spontaneous memories, thoughts and feelings come to mind.

By sifting through what emerges, hopefully a strong clue will appear about what this inner “wound” is about.

If something seems to click about a meaning, then the dreams about the injured thumb should stop, especially if any appropriate action is taken to “heal any damage” that may have been caused by an action or angry outburst etc.

In any case, please feel free to comment on, or to ask any questions about, this particular way of looking at your dream.
Athanor
Dream Warrior
Dream Warrior

Postby sealchan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:00 pm

I second Athanor's feedback and can add this...to me the motif of the "Wound" which is any moment in a dream in which some sort of pain or injury occurs or is implied has surrounding it many other common motifs and represents a significant development in the dreamer's personality. Some of the accompanying motifs include:

Change in dream perspective from first person to third person - this happens when some sort of painful thing is about to happen and the dreamer then sees that event or the immediate events that follow the "wound"
The wound causes two dream characters to part ways - the Wound might imply a split in the dreamer's personality where two different perspectives arise as a result
In another dream scene, the "Wound" can be seen as either a "Gift" or a "Treasure" - this suggests that the Wound is also something valuable and not just something to be avoided; the Wound drives the development of consciousness by forcing us to get a higher, third person view on ourselves

It seems to me that the Snake is a common animal to fear in the context of receiving a Wound in a dream. The Snake, like many animals, represents a more instinctual experience. In the psyche instincts provide energy to the personality, they direct the will toward a specific end (for example: eat food, urinate, have sex...) AND most importantly they require satisfaction within a limited amount of time. Snakes often carry with them fear that they may bite. Perhaps this indicates a sort of watchfulness on the part of our personality for aspects of the psyche that are not well integrated into it and which might come back to suddenly and unexpectedly "bite" you when you least expect it. But when you feel that inner instinctual needs and it is not getting met then one might be innundated with snakes and have a hard time trying to avoid the bite.
sealchan
Day Dreamer
Day Dreamer

Postby NocciolaNicole » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm

I would disagree with Sheena's interpretation.

What I believe your dream means is that you are trying to help your friend in some way, but you yourself re just getting hurt by trying to protect them. Sometimes, you can't control a situation even if you have intentions of protecting your friend. You can't always get hurt for other people. People have to learn for themselves.
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Varzandeh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:18 am

A dog means a kind friend who is ignorant if barked means he will say rude words.

If one dreamt someone injured him but there was no bleeding means the attacker will
tell him a true word and he can not reply.
If the wound was bleeding means the attacker will tell him a lie impossible word.
If one had many bruises on his body means his money will decrease or he will repent sins.
Wound may also mean:1- money 2- benefit 3- unpleasant words.

If dreamt his thumb was cut he will lose some power and money.If was stitched means will gain some power.
For more information about the dream language symbols , please see the Dream Dictionary in the www.dreamsfact.com .
Varzandeh
the one the only
the one the only

Return to General Dream Discussion