Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dreaming about Someone Staring at You Through Glass.

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dreaming about Someone Staring at You Through Glass.

Postby NocciolaNicole » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:02 am

It's the second time that I have a dream that my crush and I are separated by a sheet of glass. In the dreams, I always catch him staring at me.

In real life, we are on summer vacation so we have had no contact for a while.

Also, he is a confident guy who is very shy around me and I am the same towards him. Could this reoccurring dream be symbolic of him missing me and eating to contact me? Could it be that he misses me?
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Re: Dreaming about Someone Staring at You Through Glass.

Postby Sheena » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Flip it around. You need the separation, inaccessibility. That's the wishing aspect.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby aussie_musician » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:38 pm

what are the dimensions of the glass .. as in the size ..

small .. large .. rectangle .. square .. ??
WWJD.
Nehemiah 8:10 The Joy Of The Lord.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11 The Seasons Of Life.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life" - Jesus.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby NocciolaNicole » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:22 pm

@Sheena
I am not wishing for separation. I miss him like crazy. Your opinion here is invalid.
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby NocciolaNicole » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:25 pm

@aussie_musician
In the first dream he was sitting in like a glass room, kind of like a penalty box. He was staring at me. He was wearing a white suit. In the dream, it was his birthday. His friends didn't buy him this special birthday drink kind of klike champagne and they got into a fight. When the friends got into the fight with him, I went and buy him a drink myself and he opened the door and let me in. He was sitting at a table set for two. He hugged me.

The second dream, we were at McDonald's and he was standing outside of the glass window at the McDonald's terrace.
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 pm

By denial, dreamer validates our interpretation. Dreams refer to what you do not know about yourself.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby NocciolaNicole » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:00 pm

@Sheena
No it does not. You clearly aren't qualified and you also aren't good at interpreting dreams.
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby aussie_musician » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 pm

does his staring at you .. make you feel comfortable ???

and what is the penalty box about .. or even like ???

not sure I know what you mean by that ..
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, The East Coast Of Australia, Southern Hemisphere ..

Postby NocciolaNicole » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 pm

@aussie_musician

No, his staring did not make me feel uncomfortable.

I meant like a glass room or enclosure. Check PM.
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Batman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:27 am

This glass is about ... :computer:
... as you B- message him ( surprise him :noisemaker: ) :cheers: (click glass screens)
(He'll be ... all happy and thinks it's his birthday ... when you contact him, and tell him that you dreamt of him (or something) and had to check in ... Due to his buddy was not treating him well... and dishing him ( :computer: )

... and him looking through "Mac' :apple: / Window at you...
is him checking out your Social media ...

Be a dingbat :ecstatic: and the glass wall can come down ...

:neer: Batty out!
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby NocciolaNicole » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:26 am

@Batman
You think that he wants me to contact him?
His friends are always assholes to him.
Also, you think that he is going through my social media?
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Batman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Yes ... that is what the dreams are hedging on ...
you want to put out there that your kind of his birthday cake...
and he needs to blow into your candlelight to quench your fire

One way or another ... as him looking through a window... shows you that you have to open such a window..
:computer: TAP TAP TAP!
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby NocciolaNicole » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 pm

@Batman
What do you mean that we have a window?
Also, by him staring at me from the window, does this suggest that he is thinking about me?
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Sheena » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Hunch: Borderline Personality Disorder.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby sealchan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:43 pm

NocciolaNicole wrote:It's the second time that I have a dream that my crush and I are separated by a sheet of glass. In the dreams, I always catch him staring at me.

In real life, we are on summer vacation so we have had no contact for a while.

Also, he is a confident guy who is very shy around me and I am the same towards him. Could this reoccurring dream be symbolic of him missing me and eating to contact me? Could it be that he misses me?

Your need for him could be literally coming out in the dream...but the intensity of his gaze sounds a little intense although you are not expressing any concern over it. One balancing act this dream image might be portraying is that the separation created by the glass is balanced with the level of focus that your crush is visually projecting. The look may be comforting but there is a reason that glass is there as well. Perhaps the dream is indicating a need for a separation between you and this person or this inner dream character that will, in the long run, provide a needed balance.

I know that love and/or infatuation is indeed a great thrill and rush and invigorating energy...but over time its initial intensity will evolve into a more balanced state or it will generate storms of mutual misunderstanding if it doesn't. A general rule of thumb, individuals in a dream that you know are actually parts of your own personality that are best invoked (in your personal experience) by that person. This dream character is not really your crush, but is actually a part of you that is energized by this real person. It is important, although difficult, to separate the two. When the real person does not respond in the way you might expect this might be a result of such confusion.

Nothing I've said above in anyway should be read as that you shouldn't pursue this relationship. This is just some words of advice and of knowledge of dreams that would apply to anyone. I have had dreams which involved personal physical intimacy with a dream character I was attracted to and there were no barriers involved at all. It doesn't happen often but it is nice when it does. In my view it represents that state of the relationship between different aspects of the dreamer's personality and simply "borrows the clothes of memory" to dress the characters in the dream.
sealchan
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby NocciolaNicole » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 pm

@sealchan
I would have to disagree. I don't think that you read the dream correctly. He was staring at me from inside the glass, but then he let me into the glass room with him. There was a table set for two. I don't feel like the glass was because I wanted to be separated from him, because I don't and I doubt that he wants to either.

If anything, this has to do with the fact that summer is separating us. Also, why would I feel uncomfortable if he stares at me?
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Batman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:52 pm

NocciolaNicole wrote:@Batman
What do you mean that we have a window?
Also, by him staring at me from the window, does this suggest that he is thinking about me?

This :computer: window...
Obviously if he sees that you've made mac :apple: contact ... :eat:
Are you on a Mac?
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby NocciolaNicole » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:44 pm

@Batman
No. I'm on a phone. He is not in my contacts.
Do you think that this dream suggests that he is thinking of me?
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby Batman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:04 pm

The dream refers to you making the 1st move... then you are on his mind (Yes)
Batman
Gus Who?
Gus Who?

Postby sealchan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:40 pm

NocciolaNicole wrote:@sealchan
I would have to disagree. I don't think that you read the dream correctly. He was staring at me from inside the glass, but then he let me into the glass room with him. There was a table set for two. I don't feel like the glass was because I wanted to be separated from him, because I don't and I doubt that he wants to either.

If anything, this has to do with the fact that summer is separating us. Also, why would I feel uncomfortable if he stares at me?

I didn't see that in your first post...

In dreams our own personality and other aspects of our psychology are often represented by more than one person. The sex of the person often points to a style of personality development: masculine-separative or feminine-collaborative.

In the first dream he was sitting in like a glass room, kind of like a penalty box.

A separate space with a note of judgment behind it. He has done something that someone did not approve of.

He was staring at me. He was wearing a white suit.

He is directing his available psychic energy at you. He is clothed in white which might also represent energy in the form of light.

In the dream, it was his birthday. His friends didn't buy him this special birthday drink kind of klike champagne and they got into a fight. When the friends got into the fight with him, I went and buy him a drink myself and he opened the door and let me in. He was sitting at a table set for two. He hugged me.

He has recently fought with his friends because they would not give him the proper acknowledgement. This is a development in your psychology in a separative (masculine) direction...this means you are strengthening the power of your personality by focusing your psychic energy (crush-ing) and as a result somewhat isolating yourself from others. When you have brought the drink (again energy) to him and thus given him your energy, he responds in a friendly way. You are feeding his identity as a focus in your psychology. By doing so and showing him compassion he hugs you which is a sign of appreciation returned.

Why a penalty box? The feminine mode involves strengthening networks and sharing energy. For a woman finding an intense love interest, she might find herself taking away time (energy) from her friends and devoting it to the one person she is interested in. This would be an analogous situation to that which the dream describes. For a guy, he might get some complaints and criticism from his friends if he starts to show that he cares about what someone else (his love interest) feels and/or thinks. This is a kind of sacrifice of his identity (no birthday drink) from the masculine mode of personality development. Your inner masculine wants to be separate and to be special, to be the center of your personality and get all the recognition (again energy).

This is sort of how guys tend to be in their personalities, often bragging and sharing a sort of friendly competitiveness with their friends and being shy about admitting any sort of non-superiority with a woman of interest. So this inner dream character has made this sacrifice in order to be with you, just as you have made a sacrifice of your psychic energy for relationship by focusing it (crush) on this one person.

Personally I don't think that the dream directly indicates anything about the real person, only indirectly through your experience and response to that person. But in your growing affection for him you are creating a response in your personality which says that you are ready to focus your attention on one goal, one thing. With that focus comes a sacrifice in that you have to balance between devoting your time and energy between this one man and your many friends. This is a metaphor for how your inner personality develops although it could apply to someone literally as well. The real person here is a sort of stand-in for that other part of you, your inner masculine.

If you continue to pay attention to your dreams as your relationship does or does not develop with the real world person, you will find that this inner dream man will change and do things differently than any real people in your life. Then you will know that he is what is truly yours in the deepest sense, an image of your personalities' inner Compliment.
sealchan
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby NocciolaNicole » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:07 pm

@sealchan
It's okay, I don't need help.
I spoke to a professional. I know what it means. This dream person is not real.
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby aussie_musician » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:28 pm

the dream person .. is not "real" ??
WWJD.
aussie_musician
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby sealchan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:34 am

He is real, he is really a part of you.

I hope that I didn't imply that you needed help. Or were you concerned that you did need help?
sealchan
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby NocciolaNicole » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:24 am

@sealchan
Your interpretation is WRONG is what I am saying. STOP insisting that there is a dream person. That isn't true. I spoke to a PROFESSIONAL DREAM INTERPRETER.
NocciolaNicole
Part Time Dreamer
Part Time Dreamer

Postby sealchan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:23 pm

NocciolaNicole wrote:@sealchan
Your interpretation is WRONG is what I am saying. STOP insisting that there is a dream person. That isn't true. I spoke to a PROFESSIONAL DREAM INTERPRETER.

My apologies. I was simply trying to understand.

You are, of course, the final judge on whether you think an interpretation is correct or not.

May I ask who you found to interpret your dream and how? I myself am considering doing dream interpretation professionally. I am wanting to understand what people expect when they get a dream interpretation.
sealchan
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:56 pm

NocciolaNicole wrote: I know what it means.
Then post that.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion