Dictionary:   A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K      M     N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U     V    W    X    Y    Z

home   .   dream info   .   common dreams  dream dictionary  dream bank   site map   discussion forum  contact us

Dream of the same man, over and over...

Share your dreams with other Dream Moods visitors. Puzzled about the meaning of your dream? Submit it here and see if anybody can help.

Dream of the same man, over and over...

Postby eanniebets » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:12 pm

I keep having dreams of the same man, over and over again. Its been happening for years now. I know who he is in real life (initials are MB). I have not seen him since about 1993. I have no connections to him, no contact with him and don't even think of him.
In my dreams, we always find each other. We are so in Love and just want to be together. When he holds me, I feel safe, content. He always tells me how much he loves me and how he never wants to be away from me.
I could be dreaming of anything, and he pops in my dream. Last night, I was dreaming of this lake house. Water was beginning to flood all around, and this guy showed up. I was talking to him about the water and why it was flooding. The next thing I asked if (MB) was around. The guy said no he wasn't, but the lake house was his parents and he was he brother. (Weird).
So anyhow, I am walking down this hill to the lake house and all the water has started to go away. So its not flooding anymore. Im holding hands with the brother as we walk to the house. I am introduced to the parents and the family. Everything is going great, then, MB shows up. I drop everything and we run towards each other. He grabs hold of me and holds me tight. I can actually feel him holding me. I am very aware of his arms around me. He whispers how much he has missed me and loves me. He just holds me, and I begin to look around. I see beautiful trees, green grass, a beautiful home. Its amazing. All the time Im aware of his arms around me, my head on his shoulder and how it feels to be touching him.
Then we are in the house messing around. As we are talking, I told him that I would be around a whole lot more, because I was going to be his sister in law, so he would have to get used to the idea. He said he didn't care, because then he would be able to see me more, and marrying his brother wasn't going to change how we felt about each other.
This is just one dream of him. Its been a few months since my last dream of him, but some how, some way, MB shows up in my dreams.
Any ideas????
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Re: Dream of the same man, over and over...

Postby Sheena » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Lucky. It is a part of you that you can count on.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby eanniebets » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Lucky???

So the man MB, is actually a part of me? As in he is really me?
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Bingo!!
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby eanniebets » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:32 pm

WOW!!!! So is it my inner me, the true me? Or what part of me?
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:24 pm

The part your parents do not like.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby eanniebets » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 am

@ Sheena Well, that pretty much means all of me. lol. I do not get along with my parents. We have not spoke in years.
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby sealchan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:19 pm

I would add that everyone in the dream is a part of you. I am imagining here that the parents that own the home (your personality-architecture) is simply that influence in your earlier life that gave shape to your personality now. The brother of your Compliment (Jungians would call this your animus) may be a more acceptible form of your inner masculine according to that early influence, but you have identified a much more satisfying inner partner.

In my own experience of interpersonal and intimate relationships, I have found that people of opposite personalities have a deeper potential energy of attraction. Without knowing each other they can really feel like they know each other. Other, more similar people, may create less attraction but they also create less trouble. This is because if one gets into a relationship with one's opposite that person will eventually have to reckon with the nature of the psyche or all kinds of passionate misunderstandings will also arise even as a lot of passionate and mutual embracing occurs.

I think this dream kind of maps that out although it doesn't talk about the long term so much. The two brothers represent two aspects of your inner masculine Compliment that each has their advantages. You will want to be careful that your expectations aren't being projected on anyone you meet and become romantically involved with.

There are some great Bollywood movies you might check out in this regard. One of my wife and I's favorites is Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. Given this dream I think that this movie might touch you and perhaps influence your inner relationship with these two brothers.
sealchan
Dream Seeker
Dream Seeker

Postby Sheena » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Then the dream is solved. Comment on this cutoff with your parents.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby eanniebets » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 pm

@ sealchan, thank you. I will definitely check out the movie. Thank you for your insight. Greatly appreciated.
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby eanniebets » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:06 pm

@ Sheena What do you mean Comment on this cutoff with my parents? Are you wanting me to explain why I do not speak or see them?
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:13 pm

You have identified the filial cutoff as thematic to the dream. Don't just stop and shut down.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby eanniebets » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:15 am

@Sheena, not sure what you mean, sorry. I don't have anything to do with my parents. I grew up in a home where there was a lot of physical and emotional abuse, flaring tempers, favoritism, continuous blame, lack of guidance, lack of support, anger issues, trust issues, etc. NO place, for a child to grow up in. Things a child should not have to hear, see, or go through. It continued on through my adult years. Instead of supporting me and my decisions, I was ridiculed, blamed, and stuff. It never stopped. My mother has a problem of not excepting fault for her own actions. Its always someone elses fault. She is perfect in her own eyes. There is NO getting along with them. They just are not parent material. Never really was.
So, I am not sure what you mean when you say "You have identified the filial cutoff as thematic to the dream. Don't just stop and shut down."
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:35 pm

You get too much power from your wound and you refuse to give that up. Result is you hurt others just as much.
Use a dictionary.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby eanniebets » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:37 pm

@ Sheena,

Doubt I hurt others just as much as I have been hurt. I know what it feels like and I wouldn't do that to anyone unless they deserved it.
Way too much power from my would and refuse to give it up? I don't get any power from it. All I get is pain from it. And I have gave it up. I gave up those who hurt me and I REFUSE, to let ANYONE else, do it to me again.
Get a dictionary? WELL, sorry Im not as book reader as you seem to be.
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:38 pm

eanniebets wrote:Get a dictionary? WELL, sorry Im not as book reader as you seem to be.
Then don't do this:
eanniebets wrote:What do you mean

The defensiveness is revealing. Bet you do not see how you are hurting us. And you do.
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Postby eanniebets » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:30 am

Well it appears as though you are being rude. I had already explained to you, that I do not understand. Sometimes, things are not as clear to me as someone expects them to be.
Sheena wrote:
eanniebets wrote:Get a dictionary? WELL, sorry Im not as book reader as you seem to be.
Merely asking a question. It was not in big cap letters. I was asking for more information on the topic. Requesting more information. Seeking more information. Not insinuating being mean towards you in any way, shape or form.
Then don't do this:
eanniebets wrote:What do you mean

The defensiveness is revealing. Bet you do not see how you are hurting us. And you do.

No, I don't hurt others. I get defensive when I feel someone is being rude or ignorant towards me. Just as anyone else would do.
eanniebets
DM Lurker
DM Lurker

Postby Sheena » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:45 am

Thank you. We are not married so we do not get judged and condemned nearly as much as the quota demands.
You are a fool if you believe this:
eanniebets wrote:I don't hurt others
Sheena
Dream Guru
Dream Guru

Return to General Dream Discussion